abu andJaredTerrell will lease top 10 at 830 tonight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

abu andJaredTerrell will lease top 10 at 830 tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Abdul-Malik Abu measure in at 6'8 232 lbs. with a 7'1 wingspan.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
perkins,terrell,hamilton,abu,chukwu is a dream class. everyone should be ecstatic if we get anything near that. it would be a great sign of what ollie could do in the future

]

Reaction Score

just doesn't look 6'8 to me. I saw him in person at AAU event and he looked 6'6

Reaction Score

Whatever. I'm not trying to fight you about Abu's height. If it's that big of a deal the staff wouldn't have him as priority 1. Every official measurement I've seen of him is 6'8". Also, after the measurement of him at the Lebron camp came out his AAU coach tweeted something to the effect of, "Finally an end to the argument of Abu's height. HES 6'8". Official measurement at Lebron Camp."

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

The everybody on that list is shorter than listed. His size, reach, toughness and athleticism is what I like and why Coach Ollie is making him a priority.

I would be happy with Abu, Hamilton, Carrington, and either Robinson or Larrier.

Reaction Score
perkins,terrell,hamilton,abu,chukwu is a dream class. everyone should be ecstatic if we get anything near that. it would be a great sign of what ollie could do in the future
I would be thrilled with it. Sub Joseph for Perkins and/or Okonoboh for Chukwu, and I'm equally happy.

I have to admit, it would be amazing to get four of the top five ranked New England kids and build a couple of years of success on that. Judging by who Ollie's recruiting, it seems he feels the same way.

Reaction Score
I would be thrilled with Abu... I don't think hes a top 25 guy but hes a solid top 50 guy who most likely ends up being a four year guy.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I have always thought standing next to a player gives you a good feel to how tall they are. I will say that Abu looks every bit of at least 6'7"

Reaction Score
I would be thrilled with Abu... I don't think hes a top 25 guy but hes a solid top 50 guy who most likely ends up being a four year guy.

exactly. most sites factor in NBA potential to the rankings. An undersized or close to being undersized power forward who does not have off the charts basketball skills will not be a 5 star ranking.

Reaction Score
Just curious john u ever seen him in person or play a full game?

I saw him over a year ago so he might of grown I dk just saying what I saw.

Reaction Score
Well, a year ago he was listed at 6-foot-5/6, and kids do tend to grow. So it's quite possible you're both remembering correctly and are being unreasonably entrenched in your position.

Reaction Score
very well could be true assumed he was done growing. 6'5 6'8 I would love to have him. Just like Robinson a lil more.

Reaction Score

Nope but I've seen enough players up close and unless you measure them or are of a similar height to them and you stand right next to them I find it extremely hard to judge a players height. He was listed at a shorter height a year ago. From what I've heard about him and from video I've watched I would be pretty surprised if he was a 4 year player. He has off the charts athleticism and is developing a much better perimeter game to go along with his force around the rim.

Reaction Score

Here's Abu's picture with Lebron from his camp this year. Unless Lebron went from 6'7-8" to 6'4" Abu is 6'8".

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 91
Reaction Score
You might be right actually if Anthony Bennett can go number one no reason why he cant be a first round pick.

D

Deleted member 3149

]

The fab 5. Only we have Calhoun, Facey, Boatright, Daniels, and Purvis too

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
People are really arguing what the correct height of a recruit who has not committed yet is...?

I'm more impressed at waiting for lists being cut to 10.

Especially when the lists seem to be composed of random schools. Rhode Island... and Miami. Providence... and UCLA.

Reaction Score
If we are recruiting Robinson as a 3, I'd actually kind of prefer Chatman over him. He's more well rounded, but I'd be very happy with either.

Dream 2014 Recruiting Class:

Purvis +
PG: Perkins or McLaughlin (I prefer McLaughlin)
Wing: Hamilton, Chatman or Robinson
Center: Chukwu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member