Abdul Malik-Abu Officially Visits Florida | The Boneyard

Abdul Malik-Abu Officially Visits Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@AdamFinkelstein: Abdul-Malik Abu set to visit Florida officially beginning tomorrow morning before announcing his decision on Saturday

Ohhhhh boy....

Reaction Score
Not good. But I think after the last week, it was apparent he wasn't coming here.

Reaction Score
Even when everyone was saying NC State and Providence, and no one was saying Florida (not Meyers or anyone) some of us mentioned that Florida would be the biggee.

They have a need at that position, a good coach, a good program, good weather.

Reaction Score
599x398

Super bummed. hold me kevin, I just need a shoulder to cry on

Reaction Score
Damn, this sucks, I don't feel confident with any of the top 100 guys left on our board

Reaction Score
Terrell is officially visiting URI tomorrow too so looks like Terrell to URI and Abu to Florida. Damn, I wanted Abu!!

Reaction Score
Even when everyone was saying NC State and Providence, and no one was saying Florida (not Meyers or anyone) some of us mentioned that Florida would be the biggee.

They have a need at that position, a good coach, a good program, good weather.

Hey I said Florida last week:)
Real hit. Liked his game and was a true new England er

Reaction Score
Hey I said Florida last week:)
Real hit. Liked his game and was a true new England er

Plus he was a UConn fan growing up. Ouch.

In the back of my mind, I was replaying the July drama when Ollie was prevented from seeing kids play, and prevented from making calls, because of the sanctions.

Abu basically stated then that UConn hadn't called him or taken an interest.

Within a week (it coincided with sanctions ending) Uconn called Abu's people and asked, "What can we do to let him know we want him at UConn?"

I have to think that the early summer hurt UConn in this recruitment, and perhaps in a few others.

Reaction Score
Good call upstater.........no worries. And I will say this and not because he seems to have slipped away, I would take Larrier and/or White instead anyway as well as Robinson based on others views.

There's something about him and the overstated size that just never sold me completely..........if he decides not to come here (an rumors are the ship has sailed) and ends up in Gainesville that's even better. He can sit and watch the Huskies kick their a**es down there next year!!;)

Reaction Score
With Hamilton and Purvis and a pretty well stocked front line (assuming Facey is cleared), we aren't exactly oozing need right now. I think some people need to remember that we have a pretty good roster. We need a big and we need a point guard. We'll find them.

We have two 5 stars coming in, this isn't UK. We are going to have a mix of players coming in between 3-5 stars. I want all these guys too but you need to be pretty happy with Hamilton and Purvis and then look to get some other less heralded pieces. That has always been our business model. Always remember, Kemba, Shabazz and several others were brought in after we "struck out" on all our top targets. Patience.

Reaction Score
By the way, Florida fans are claiming that Abu was already on an official visit this weekend at Florida and was with Kevon Looney. Alex Kline wrote the same thing, that Abu completed his visit. But someone on this board posted Abu's tweets last night, and they would be considered odd since he fired off 20 of them and there was nothing there about Florida. Then again, he had to know he was about to go, and he didn't mention it.

Reaction Score
With Hamilton and Purvis and a pretty well stocked front line (assuming Facey is cleared), we aren't exactly oozing need right now. I think some people need to remember that we have a pretty good roster. We need a big and we need a point guard. We'll find them.

We have two 5 stars coming in, this isn't UK. We are going to have a mix of players coming in between 3-5 stars. I want all these guys too but you need to be pretty happy with Hamilton and Purvis and then look to get some other less heralded pieces. That has always been our business model. Always remember, Kemba, Shabazz and several others were brought in after we "struck out" on all our top targets. Patience.
I agree with all of this but it still hurts.

Reaction Score
Well, if he does choose Florida, then UConn will have the chance to play him in Gainesville in 2014. Facey vs. Abu.

Reaction Score
didn't he skimp on his last visit to Florida ? Maybe he just wants to give it a true feel. either way, I think we still have a good shot at larrier/white.

Reaction Score
CLOSE CALL:
“@AdamZagoria: Tyron Boswell says Abdul Malik Abu is NOT visiting Florida tomorrow. Will update the post.”

Reaction Score
@MalikAbu_: I will not be taking any visits before my commitment date. Im in Boston resting before my press confrence Sept 7

Reaction Score
Guess that's what it means huh!!!

Okay so did he ever go to Florida?........is it NC State that made the major in roads? Hmmmmmmm.......guess we'll have to wait!

Reaction Score
He was tweeting away like crazy last night! That's why I wrote that.

And, by the way, we heard last week that Finkelstein's sources are impecable!

Well, one of them has just been pecked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds