Abdul Malik-Abu Officially Visits Florida | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Abdul Malik-Abu Officially Visits Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
most of the guys who are dialed in on the PC board seem to think that UCONN is going to land him. That being said, I don't think anyone will have more than an educated guess on Saturday

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
This kid's camp has done a great job keeping everyone clueless. I came to peace with Chukwu not coming here a few months ago; I haven't yet with Abu. Really want this kid; will be upset if we don't land him.

Reaction Score
The only answer is DOOMED.

If I had to bet, I'd put my money on PC.

Yep as of today 9/3 @ 2:10 PM EST...if my life depended on it I would have to say Providence. I would love to have him though and think UConn is a terrific fit.

Hopefully we are both wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Yep as of today 9/3 @ 2:10 PM EST...if my life depended on it I would have to say Providence. I would love to have him though and think UConn is a terrific fit.

Hopefully we are both wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
I'll throw a water balloon on this one. My guess is either PC or UConn. Boswell is a businessman who will want to develop his AAU program with local talent for a while longer. So he probably is encouraging Abu to stay local. I imagine the same goes for Abu's parents. AO will not have any weight on Boswell or Abu. Boswell is a businessman first and foremost and won't try to antagonize anyone. My little take on Abu is he's a good kid who is willing to help his aau program but has a strong independent mind.

Lot of guessing since my interaction with Abu is limited.

Reaction Score
I agree with Rico; it will sting like a bitch if Abu doesn't choose PC.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Will the event saturday be televised? Perhaps only locally in Boston?

When asked if the presser will be televised Abu was quoted:

"Only God knows," Abu said. "We'll see what happens from today until then, but that is the plan overall." :oops:

Reaction Score
When asked if the presser will be televised Abu was quoted:

"Only God knows," Abu said. "We'll see what happens from today until then, but that is the plan overall." :oops:
Jerry Meyer reported it would be televised by CBS. Then he changed to NBC. Then back to CBS. Now he's gone with FOX.

In all seriousness though, what an idiotic quote. Is that actually real?

Reaction Score
UCONN- like PC- will give him the chance to play lots of minutes from the get go- that seems to be very important to him. Like his game and he will be a great get wherever he choses to go.

Reaction Score
I feel good about our chances for some reason. I've really just been worried about Florida throughout this, if what 3 shared from Meyer has serious merit, I think we're in the driver's seat here.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Jerry Meyer reported it would be televised by CBS. Then he changed to NBC. Then back to CBS. Now he's gone with FOX.

In all seriousness though, what an idiotic quote. Is that actually real?

Nah, I churned up a quote from the Abu Is On Campus Today thread.

Reaction Score
I'm trying really hard, but I just cannot get myself to give two sh its about this. If he picks UConn, terrific. If not, oh well.

Eh, I can get myself to give a . If KO lands this kid and another top target, it signifies that we are major, major players for top recruits.

If we whiff on everyone, it calls into question our ability to lure the big fish going forward. Getting Abu can end that conversation immediately.

Reaction Score
Abu, Hamilton and Purvis are enough to win big games into the future. That's what's most important.

Reaction Score
Eh, I can get myself to give a . If KO lands this kid and another top target, it signifies that we are major, major players for top recruits.

If we whiff on everyone, it calls into question our ability to lure the big fish going forward. Getting Abu can end that conversation immediately.

Yeah, I think you're giving this kid way too much credit. It doesn't signify anything like that, to me.

Reaction Score

After getting two 5* consensus top 20 players in Purvis and DHam to come to UCONN after only one year of head coaching, I think its safe to say that conversation has already been over for a couple of months now...In fact if we whiff on Abu and all the other "top targets" it would only add to KO's reputation in attracting top recruits going into next year because everyone of his recruits has been a 5* so far and that streak can continue when going after '15 recruits ;) (I am joking when it comes to the second part of my post but serious about the first)

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Either this kid is a head case or he seriously wants some publicity.

Reaction Score
Either this kid is a head case or he seriously wants some publicity.
Not sure that's completely fair. I think it was Hooper who guessed that the AAU coaches are trying to use AMA and Terrell to gain a little extra publicity. A lot of times, the players aren't even the ones calling the shots.

In any event, this whole thing is a perfect example of why I don't follow recruiting too closely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom