Aaliyah update | The Boneyard

Aaliyah update

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
06618157-4992-42E2-8398-C99EE8BE3BC4.jpeg

Reaction Score
I say rest her for the tournament. The team that played today against Marquette can handle the Hoyas. Some of the best defense by UConn I have seen this year.
Yes, rest her for the tournament... get ICE some additional game time minutes...
BUT... have Aaliyah suited up on the bench in the event that we have someone
foul out or an inj*ry ( don't say that word !). Avoid the forfeit at all costs!!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Yes, rest her for the tournament... get ICE some additional game time minutes...
BUT... have Aaliyah suited up on the bench in the event that we have someone
foul out or an inj*ry ( don't say that word !). Avoid the forfeit at all costs!!
A forfeit due to too many injuries is understandable. A loss to the NET 88 team right before Selection Sunday isn’t. The Committee doesn’t spend time investigating why losses happen so it could be a potential black eye.

Reaction Score
I think the committee does look at who is out for losses, and are they coming back for the tourney. I see ESPN still does not have us on the top 25 scorecard today, but we are on their Big East schedule. I guess Charlie is demoting us.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I think it is conceivable [not likely] that should we stumble against Georgetown we might drop from our 2 or seed to a 4.
That would still mean 2 games in Storrs. While acknowledging that our current losses are to very good/excellent teams
it is also true that we are lacking in wins over such teams. Conceivable that they consider that and bump us from Storrs
the first weekend? Bet big against....but?

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Just some thoughts. UConn fans travel and UConn is a big draw. UConn will be in Albany or the NCAA looses money. I also believe UConn will get a 2 seed in Albany. Aaliyah will be healthy for the NCAAs in 2 weeks and with her out Ice has gotten alot of big time experience which will help down the road. Everybody else has got to learn to get to their spots and Make Shots.

Reaction Score
I really don't see any way this team is not a 2 seed if they take care of business today. They have zero bad losses and no other team can say that and they will be one of a few with only 5 losses. I wouldn't suit up AE for any reason today and would hope that what they have can get the job done with maybe Amari coming out of concussion protocol for insurance.

Reaction Score
Just some thoughts. UConn fans travel and UConn is a big draw. UConn will be in Albany or the NCAA looses money. I also believe UConn will get a 2 seed in Albany. Aaliyah will be healthy for the NCAAs in 2 weeks and with her out Ice has gotten alot of big time experience which will help down the road. Everybody else has got to learn to get to their spots and Make Shots.
The NCAA already has my money. They better put UConn in Albany.

Reaction Score
I think the committee does look at who is out for losses, and are they coming back for the tourney. I see ESPN still does not have us on the top 25 scorecard today, but we are on their Big East schedule. I guess Charlie is demoting us.
Of course they do. Games are historically not listed until both opponents are known; the semifinal ended at 11:30.

Reaction Score
A forfeit due to too many injuries is understandable. A loss to the NET 88 team right before Selection Sunday isn’t. The Committee doesn’t spend time investigating why losses happen so it could be a potential black eye.
Aren't you over reacting? Uconn played 7 and won by ~30. Uconn beat Georgetown by 30-40 previously I can't imagine anything less than a 20 point win.

Reaction Score
Regarding ESPN, Fox covers the Big East and ESPN doesn't so ESPN is a little more $ incentivized to want their sports broadcasters and prognosticators to push and advance teams that they cover. It's simply business.

Reaction Score
In the discussions of whether a player should play or sit out we rarely (if ever) seem to consider what the player thinks. Suppose Aaliyah has made the decision not to return next year and she goes to Geno and says "I only have a few games left and I"m playing today!" Is Geno going to say no?

Obviously she needs to be cleared to play by the team doctor.

Reaction Score
Right on. Agree !00%. Hope the NCAA pays attention to what this amazing team of UConn women is doing because despite all of the injuries what they have accomplished is nothing short of Big East - Div I national? - history making.

Reaction Score
<<She goes to Geno and says "I only have a few games left and I"m playing today!" Is Geno going to say no?>>

I believe he does. Her long-term health is more important and Geno at this stage of his career/life is wise enough to realize that and isn't going to jeopardize her well-being because UConn may fall from a 3 seed to a 4 seed with a loss.

Reaction Score
<<She goes to Geno and says "I only have a few games left and I"m playing today!" Is Geno going to say no?>>

I believe he does. Her long-term health is more important and Geno at this stage of his career/life is wise enough to realize that and isn't going to jeopardize her well-being because UConn may fall from a 3 seed to a 4 seed with a loss.
I'm sure you're right if he thinks she is jeopardizing her long term well being. I'm assuming she won't be medically cleared to play if that is a consideration.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Aren't you over reacting? Uconn played 7 and won by ~30. Uconn beat Georgetown by 30-40 previously I can't imagine anything less than a 20 point win.
You are aware that UConn lost 2 more players to injury this week, yes? They are down to 7, including one seldom-used sophomore, and 4 of the remaining 6 active players are freshmen.

Reaction Score
This game is not going to be a walk in the park. Georgetown has been playing much better and they have some bruisers on their team. Paige will need another great outing and the others are going to need to shoot at or above their average to ensure a comfortable win. The defense will be stellar and that always helps.

Reaction Score
You are aware that UConn lost 2 more players to injury this week, yes? They are down to 7, including one seldom-used sophomore, and 4 of the remaining 6 active players are freshmen.
Amari has been out quite a while for a person that doesn't have frequent concussion issues. Is she out or is there a chance she may be available today?

Reaction Score
Georgetown is going to be a tough game tonite without AE s physicality . Georgetown has held opponents to under 50 recently except UConn. This will be our 3rd game in 3 days, no AE and a very thin bench. Georgetown plays like UCF of old in the American conference with Coach Abe.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom