Aaliyah update | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Aaliyah update

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Does anyone think that, because Sarah doesn't want to play the post, she was more likely to come to UConn if Liya decided to stay?

Reaction Score
Or similar to his prior comments, he’s gently announcing to take the pressure off the players?
Where is the pressure exactly? She said she'd announce after the season. The matter is closed until then.

And of all people who can handle pressure, has she not shown a lot of composure in handling these types of situations? It doesn't come across as if he's helping here to me. It adds pressure now, if this is true, because this is the last chance this roster has at a title.

Reaction Score
Swerve: in the last interview Aaliyah said she saved the old face mask. I know a lot of folks were wondering what became of that mask.

Reaction Score
Who knows, she may have given him the go ahead? Same as happened with Aubrey.
Agreed with "who knows"? That's why I'm hoping it was a slip of the tongue. Regarding Aubrey, wasn't it acknowledged that Geno got ahead of himself in announcing it? Don't recall Aubrey saying she gave him the go ahead but that it slipped out.

Reaction Score
Where is the pressure exactly? She said she'd announce after the season. The matter is closed until then.

And of all people who can handle pressure, has she not shown a lot of composure in handling these types of situations? It doesn't come across as if he's helping here to me. It adds pressure now, if this is true, because this is the last chance this roster has at a title.
Where's the distinction of playing your last games for the seniors this year vs any other year prior to COVID? IMO you are inventing a situation that doesn't exist.

So when we hear "a senior-laden team" prior to COVID, that was somehow a negative for that team because of supposed added pressure?

Reaction Score
Agreed with "who knows"? That's why I'm hoping it was a slip of the tongue. Regarding Aubrey, wasn't it acknowledged that Geno got ahead of himself in announcing it? Don't recall Aubrey saying she gave him the go ahead but that it slipped out.
We will probably never know. I think most of us would have preferred hearing it from her, but I’m sure we will eventually.

Reaction Score
Something I’m not sure about is when she has to make the commitment? Can she change her mind if say the season doesn’t end as she hoped?

Reaction Score
Does anyone think that, because Sarah doesn't want to play the post, she was more likely to come to UConn if Liya decided to stay?
NO... because Jana will play the post, along with Ice. Sarah may find herself there on occasion with UCONN's brand of positionless basketball, but she is NOT likely to be "posted in the paint"... She will play the PF/Wing type position and be happy as a Huskie!!!:):):););)

Reaction Score
Where's the distinction of playing your last games for the seniors this year vs any other year prior to COVID? IMO you are inventing a situation that doesn't exist.

So when we hear "a senior-laden team" prior to COVID, that was somehow a negative for that team because of supposed added pressure?
Think you're misunderstanding my point. My response was to the post talking about taking the pressure off of Aaliyah.

The distinction is if Aaliyah is 100% confirmed to be entering the draft. To me, that would mean there's pressure on this squad to get that national title, especially for the remaining 2020 class as this is their last ride together in the tourney.

Reaction Score
"Last season, Mühl accidentally broke Edwards’ nose with a stray arm. It ended up working out in the end — at least according to Mühl.​
“I'm glad that my arm prepared her for this moment right now,” she joked." per latest UConn weekly report.​

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom