Aaliyah update | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Aaliyah update

Reaction Score
<<She goes to Geno and says "I only have a few games left and I"m playing today!" Is Geno going to say no?>>

I believe he does. Her long-term health is more important and Geno at this stage of his career/life is wise enough to realize that and isn't going to jeopardize her well-being because UConn may fall from a 3 seed to a 4 seed with a loss.
Long term health? It’s her nose. she Gonna get benched in the future for chronic nose pain?

Reaction Score
Did the Golden Domers only have 6feren players available, and if so, I thought 7cing available players were the minimum required?
They played 6 a walk on was available but didn't play. I can't find the minimum rule you're referencing. I'm pretty sure the 2018 team had some games with only 6 available but couldn't swear to it.

Reaction Score
Did the Golden Domers only have 6 players available, and if so, I thought 7 available players were the minimum required?
I found this in the NCAA rule book Rule 3.
"Section 2. The Team
Art. 1. At the start of the game, each team shall consist of five players, one of whom shall be the captain.
Art. 2. Each team may continue to play with fewer than five players when all other team members are not eligible or able to play.
Art. 3. When there is only one player participating for a team, that team shall forfeit unless the referee believes that both teams have an opportunity to win."
There might be conference rules but I haven't looked for them.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I remember in my high school state championship game, my coach Gene Hackman pulled out players and resumed the game with only 4.
I think I was at that game. But IIRC, it was just a regular season game.
lkdqQA.gif

Reaction Score
Amari has been out quite a while for a person that doesn't have frequent concussion issues. Is she out or is there a chance she may be available today?
Amari living her best life. She good. I love how she is super supportive of the team and the whole program, through it all.

Reaction Score
Didn't she save the old one?
I would think so but my thought is whomever made the mask for her probably has a mold still in storage since it was such a short time ago and would be able to make another mask quite easily using the mold and get it to her right away. Would be surprised if she doesn't already have a new one if she didn't keep the old one.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The swelling and shape of the nose after it's reset probably makes the old mask unusable. So while it may look the same my experience from long ago is that a new mask is required. She can put the old one in a trophy case.
she can sell it on eBay as a "game used" mask

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom