AAC upcoming TV deal will have huge ramifications for UConn, league | Page 7 | The Boneyard

AAC upcoming TV deal will have huge ramifications for UConn, league

Reaction Score
Unlike many hear I don't know or understand the media industry or markets. That said, if ESPN is the only real market option, then, they're the market and it's hard to see where that plays out well for any conference, let alone the AAC. I would have to think Aresco has some alternative plan with Fox Sports or something like that. I don't profess to know how limiting that might be on distribution or brand recognition, but presumably at some dollar differential you live with an alternative like that.

Will be interesting to see.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don’t think it’s about Aresco being clever or not clever.

It’s more a quantity and quality of content that doesn’t fit most places.

Facebook again spending internationally on sports they don’t have to produce.

Facebook wins £200m battle for Premier League broadcast rights in Asia | Daily Mail Online
I wonder if the AAC next deal may have a self-produce requirement much like the ACC network. It's another investment for the schools but maybe it helps dilute 'Cuse grads saturating the sports media marketplace.

In any event, it would make our sports content more affordable and thus more attractive.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I wonder if the AAC next deal may have a self-produce requirement much like the ACC network. It's another investment for the schools but maybe it helps dilute 'Cuse grads saturating the sports media marketplace.

In any event, it would make our sports content more affordable and thus more attractive.

It’s millions each to build out the capabilities. Pretty much every ACC school spent more than they planned.

Tulane did make reference to it in a board meeting but it wasn’t totally clear what they meant.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Without a dedicated network, it doesn't make any sense.

North Carolina is spending $10M to upgrade their production capabilities. And with that, you can expect that they will have to sink another seven figures in to keep their tech current over the next decade.

They're doing it because they will have to provide content to the ACC Network. They need studio shows, the ability to produce two events simultaneously, etc., etc.

We have nothing to produce content for and no way to recoup the investment.

Reaction Score
I don’t think it’s about Aresco being clever or not clever.

It’s more a quantity and quality of content that doesn’t fit most places.

Facebook again spending internationally on sports they don’t have to produce.

Facebook wins £200m battle for Premier League broadcast rights in Asia | Daily Mail Online

He better be clever, otherwise he is making a fool out of himself. If this next deal isn't much, much better, as he continues to insinuate it will be, he's setting himself up for serious egg on his face.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom