A lot of UConn 'fans' should be ashamed of themselves | Page 7 | The Boneyard

A lot of UConn 'fans' should be ashamed of themselves

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I haven't claimed myself some type of super fan.

I conceed that people that donate more money are better fans.

I conceed that people that show up all winter at Gampel are better fans.

I conceed that people that travel to more road games are better fans than me.

People who sit home because the team isn't good enough, or can't be bothered because they like the American or can't even be bothered to subscribe to stations that show the games and beg for illegal streams - yep I'm a better fan than they are.

Keep checking in to find out when the team is good enough for you to grace us with your presence.

And of course the team will get worse if people don't show up. That can't be a serious question
So I donate 3 million dollars and I'm a better fan than you?

Did you not read my posts? I was at the Houston game. I've been to almost all home football games this year. I've been to multiple hoops games this season. This is such a pointless argument that you pick with everyone on here who doesn't show up. Why do you care about people's opinions and free time scheduling? Who cares?

It's not a different subject at all. fan support is a component of recruiting and absolutely a HUGE component of CR.

We are getting what we deserve. I don't want to hear people bitching about either around here until we do our part.
For example, SMU recruited better players than us recently and they draw far less at home games. What is your take on this?

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
One more thing. We have had sustained excellence going on 30 years.
This team and program deserved to be supported during a rare real down year. They've earned that right. We aren't talking about 5 years of losing seasons here or anything close to that. People bail in the midst of one bad year? Pathetic absolutely pathetic. Shame on @CTBasketball
You need to move to CT to take advantage of our public education. It would do you best to learn basic reading comprehension.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Name me one school that styles itself as a "blue blood," yet whose fan base had so little demand for program merchandise that there was no need for the university to trademark the freaking logo until the '88 NIT run - 85 years into the program's existence. I bleed blue as much as anyone else here, but that's just tragic. We may be the biggest bunch of frontrunners in the entire country.
Do you even understand how basic economics works?

Why the hell would people be spending money ether buying or manufacturing gear for a program that literally hasn't started its growth period yet. The fact that you think this state is full of front runners because people weren't buying UConn gear hand over first in 1988 is like me saying they don't like baseball in CT because no one was buying Yard Goats gear in 1995.

I knew a thread with the chance to position yourself above other fans would attract you like a bee to honey lol.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Did you not read my posts? I was at the Houston game. I've been to almost all home football games this year. I've been to multiple hoops games this season. This is such a pointless argument that you pick with everyone on here who doesn't show up. Why do you care about people's opinions and free time scheduling? Who cares?

For example, SMU recruited better players than us recently and they draw far less at home games. What is your take on this?

No they haven't. They are playing better as a team now for sure, but you know nothing about recruiting if you think their recruits are ranked higher than ours . It's not even close really.

You've gone full buffoon level now.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Yes if you donate 3 million dollars you are a much better fan than I am. This seems obvious.

Who cares why attendance matters?

Anyone who cares about the programs, their revenue streams and their ability to compete going forward.

We got it - you don't think it matters if people go. You are wrong - it matters - and no one is going to change your mind by answering your idiotic questions.

August_West

Reaction Score
You need to move to CT to take advantage of our public education. It would do you best to learn basic reading comprehension.

Did you say people don't want to support a garbage product?

I comprehended that somehow.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
No they haven't. They are playing better as a team now for sure, but you know nothing about recruiting if you think their recruits are ranked higher than ours . It's not even close really.

You've gone full buffoon level now.
We played like garbage down the stretch except for the Houston game. You know this.

I did not say "our recruits are ranked higher." But if you want to tell me that recruiting rankings are 100% spot on, that Juwan Durham a 4/5 star player was more college ready aka "better" than a Shake Milton or Ben Moore I'm all ears.

Reaction Score
When I checked Vivid Seats for the Cincy game they were going for $55. I didn't bother to keep checking throughout the day thinking they would remain the same. Being that I normally don't check the BBall board I didn't know full session tickets were so cheap or else I would've clearly purchased them and gone to the games. This may sound like an excuse but I never saw any posts about full session pricing on either the twitter accounts nor do I remember any emails. I know I could have looked up the pricing for myself and been astonished but I don't think I was wrong to assume the pricing was going to be something completely other than what it was. I also don't think I'm wrong in saying that the ticket pricing was poorly communicated to the public. It actually has me upset that I didn't know.

With that said yes, UConn has it's fair share of fair weather fans just like almost every team in every league and sport but if you knew the pricing and still didn't go and could've went well then you suck.

August_West

Reaction Score
We played like garbage down the stretch except for the Houston game. You know this.

I did not say "our recruits are ranked higher." But if you want to tell me that recruiting rankings are 100% spot on, that Juwan Durham a 4/5 star player was more college ready aka "better" than a Shake Milton or Ben Moore I'm all ears.

More cluelessness. False eqivalency . Shake Milton is a guard and a soph.

You want shake over Jalen? Actually you probably do lol.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Yes if you donate 3 million dollars you are a much better fan than I am. This seems obvious.

Who cares why attendance matters?

Anyone who cares about the programs, their revenue streams and their ability to compete going forward.

We got it - you don't think it matters if people go. You are wrong - it matters - and no one is going to change your mind by answering your idiotic questions.
Again, wrong. I don't care if people don't go. I don't lose sleep over a rainy November football game at the Rent knowing the only fan to stay until the 4th quarter is whaler11. I don't care what people do with their time. If someone chooses to not go to the UConn/Cincinnati semifinal game and they say "ticket prices" were the reason, cool dude I don't care what you do with your life. The fact you care that much is alarming, do you want to have that much influence in random people's lives? You care that much?

Reaction Score
You want to end the frontrunning culture and create a weird Kentucky/Bama like cult fan base?
Eliminate all Boston/NY pro sports franchises and or move as far away from them as possible. Or just become more entertaining than them. Until then we're going to have the small die hard fan base which is already an amazing feat considering and the casual fan that will show up occasionally when we aren't 15-16 and playing East Florida.
This is never going to change. Like Brimah we kind of are what we are.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
More cluelessness. False eqivalency . Shake Milton is a guard and a soph.

You want shake over Jalen? Actually you probably do lol.
It was a comparison...Durham was higher ranked than Milton. Different years, doesn't matter.

According to your logic you'll take Brandon Knight over Shabazz Napier. K.

August_West

Reaction Score
It was a comparison...Durham was higher ranked than Milton. Different years, doesn't matter.

According to your logic you'll take Brandon Knight over Shabazz Napier. K.

So would've Calhoun. Man you are really gone now.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Again, wrong. I don't care if people don't go. I don't lose sleep over a rainy November football game at the Rent knowing the only fan to stay until the 4th quarter is whaler11. I don't care what people do with their time. If someone chooses to not go to the UConn/Cincinnati semifinal game and they say "ticket prices" were the reason, cool dude I don't care what you do with your life. The fact you care that much is alarming, do you want to have that much influence in random people's lives? You care that much?

You are particularly dim. 'Wrong again'? You repeated exactly what I said.

I care about UConn sports - I'm sorry that bothers you so much - it is a really odd stance for someone who is posting on a UConn sports message board.

If you don't care so hard why do you keep replying to us telling us how much you don't care?

Reaction Score
When I checked Vivid Seats for the Cincy game they were going for $55. I didn't bother to keep checking throughout the day thinking they would remain the same. Being that I normally don't check the BBall board I didn't know full session tickets were so cheap or else I would've clearly purchased them and gone to the games. This may sound like an excuse but I never saw any posts about full session pricing on either the twitter accounts nor do I remember any emails. I know I could have looked up the pricing for myself and been astonished but I don't think I was wrong to assume the pricing was going to be something completely other than what it was. I also don't think I'm wrong in saying that the ticket pricing was poorly communicated to the public. It actually has me upset that I didn't know.

With that said yes, UConn has it's fair share of fair weather fans just like almost every team in every league and sport but if you knew the pricing and still didn't go and could've went well then you suck.
There are some here who do nothing but patrol second market ticket websites and wonder why you didn't do the same. Your fandom might be questioned.

Reaction Score
How spoiled is your fanbase when:

A. You host the conference tournament
B. You can buy all session tickets for $10 in decent seats

And still people are too good to show up?

The last three days were shameful for a fanbase who claims to be worthy of a P5 invite.

The posts here are the best in this context:

A: Tickets are too expensive
B: The suits don't show up
C: I can't get good seats

If you have ever made any of those three comments - you should shut up forever.

Kudos to those who showed up and kudos to the team today for fighting their rear ends off with a short roster and a bad whistle.

The Purvis chant was one of the nicer moments in program history (I'm 43 so I've got some context).

I'm sure everyone has their excuse - I hope you found an illegal stream to follow along instead of actually putting a little money where your boneyard mouths go.

I went to all games but I wouldn't have paid over $70 if I waited to buy either

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
You are particularly dim. 'Wrong again'? You repeated exactly what I said.

I care about UConn sports - I'm sorry that bothers you so much - it is a really odd stance for someone who is posting on a UConn sports message board.

If you don't care so hard why do you keep replying to us telling us how much you don't care?
Dude...

I do care. See a few posts above or my thousands of others. I get annoyed when people like you call out everyone but those 8,000 fans because they didn't make it to the XL Center for whatever reason. It's childish. Who the hell cares why people did or didn't go.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There are some here who do nothing but patrol second market ticket websites and wonder why you didn't do the same. Your fandom might be questioned.

Yes it's a lot to ask to notice any one of a half dozen threads that highlighted the prices.

Or you know look at any point yourself over the two weeks prior to the tournament.

It's a lot to ask for sure for a 'fan'.

Why so upset when the evidence points at having a pathetic fanbase? If what is being posted isn't true - why are you and some others so upset about it?

Fanbase sucks - if it hurts anyone's feelings sorry not sorry. Hopefully they can win in the future they can win in spite of the fanbase and everyone can jump back on the bandwagon and brag about how hard core they are because they had a rolling rock or posted a picture of a ball sac.

Reaction Score
Yes it's a lot to ask to notice any one of a half dozen threads that highlighted the prices.

Or you know look at any point yourself over the two weeks prior to the tournament.

It's a lot to ask for sure for a 'fan'.

Why so upset when the evidence points at having a pathetic fanbase? If what is being posted isn't true - why are you and some others so upset about it?

Fanbase sucks - if it hurts anyone's feelings sorry not sorry. Hopefully they can win in the future they can win in spite of the fanbase and everyone can jump back on the bandwagon and brag about how hard core they are because they had a rolling rock or posted a picture of a ball sac.
Im not upset I stated the reasons why are fan base sucks. I guess I'm really just wondering why you're putting so much effort into what basically amounts to noting but big time bitchin'

Reaction Score
I'll put words in Whaler's mouth since it seems like there is a lot being lost in translation. He doesn't care if you attend games or not. But if you aren't going to any games, don't complain about missing out on recruits or about our situation in realignment.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Im not upset I'm just wondering why you're putting so much effort into what basically amounts to noting but big time bitchin'

Well one would wonder why you are putting effort into replying.

Typing while watching the afternoon games doesn't really constitute 'effort'.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'll put words in Whaler's mouth since it seems like there is a lot being lost in translation. He doesn't care if you attend games or not. But if you aren't going to any games, don't complain about missing out on recruits or about our situation in realignment.

I'd prefer people did because that would help the program but that and potentially stop crowing about what a big fan you are.

Reaction Score
Especially Hartford, New Britain, Waterbury, Bridgeport, Bristol, Middletown, New London

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom