A.J. Reeves | Page 4 | The Boneyard

A.J. Reeves

Reaction Score
Christ, this is sounding like UNC under Dougherty and that would be a very bad deal.

Unfortinatley, there is no proven CEO connected to the program (I.e. Williams) to take the reigns if it comes to that. Which we all hope it doesn't.

Reaction Score
Christ, this is sounding like UNC under Dougherty and that would be a very bad deal.

Unfortinatley, there is no proven CEO connected to the program (I.e. Williams) to take the reigns if it comes to that. Which we all hope it doesn't.

Anyone can come in and say, look, the players don't even have to go to class under my watch, -- they'll love coming here!

Reaction Score
Anyone can come in and say, look, the players don't even have to go to class under my watch, -- they'll love coming here!

i should have put a watch on when you'd come in with something like this - you're missing the point. But it's not unexpected.

Reaction Score

Maybe, but see Doherty never won a National Championship. His record was:
26-7
8-20
19-16

8-20 at North Carolina. Wow, somehow since then they won 3 more National Champoinships. Since their program was clearly doomed I'm not sure how that was possible.

Reaction Score
26-7
8-20
19-16

8-20 at North Carolina. Wow, somehow since then they won 3 more National Champoinships. Since their program was clearly doomed I'm not sure how that was possible.
You thought Carolina was clearly doomed?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
They canned the c
26-7
8-20
19-16

They canned the coach who was killing the program. Is this a rhetorical question?

Reaction Score
They canned the c

They canned the coach who was killing the program. Is this a rhetorical question?
I didn't ask a question. If I had, a question mark would have been involved. They look like this ---> ?

C

Chief00

26-7
8-20
19-16

I remember we beat one of these teams at Gampel by what seems like 50 points. It did not pass the expected UNC eye test.

C

Chief00

What happened between Ollie and Calhoun? The Courant made it sound like they don't talk. This was JC's hand picked succesor. He talked about him like a son. Ollie talked about him like a father. And now they don't talk? Hello.
Correct me if I am mistaken - but I don't believe Calhoun ever fired an assistant coach in his 25 years at UConn. So KO terminating Miller was not something he is going to be comfortable with. However, it started a long time before then as I believe Husky 99 indicated.
KO was also close to Calhoun's son - I don't know where that stands today? My guess is not close.

Reaction Score

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Maybe I'm wrong but I thought Andre Lafluer got pushed out as well.

Sorta, kinda. He was a good guy, just had a definite ceiling as a coach.

Calhoun had tried to get LaFleur a job elsewhere for a couple of years, but I heard he didn't interview that well. Providence did Calhoun a favor. (They were not heartbroken to see him move on, either.)

C

Chief00

Sorta, kinda. He was a good guy, just had a definite ceiling as a coach.

Calhoun had tried to get LaFleur a job elsewhere for a couple of years, but I heard he didn't interview that well. Providence did Calhoun a favor. (They were not heartbroken to see him move on, either.)

True, PC liked the assistant with VA/NC roots better. Brian Blaney also a good fit there.
Pat and Beau, that was the school and the Nate's NCAA fallout. Calhoun helped Pat land a job in China.
Who knows, maybe that's what KO was trying to do - give Miller a chance to locate a job - by being publicly silent about it - but then of course it blew up and did not end well. The Oz stuff was very strange - calling Miller lazy. Complacent maybe, but lazy I don't see that. I sense too, unlike Calhoun's situations where he probably made calls to help Andre land a job and their was no active termination underway in Andrea's case. The Miller firing was a case study on how not to do a termination and let a disgruntled ex employee sabotage the program.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

You are not going to get any specifics that are worth a crap unless they come from KO or JC directly
Anything from anyone from Chief00 to Fishy to Bunky to Oz is hearsay or personal speculation. No more no less

Bunkey' s explanation on this coaching soap opera would be real interesting LOL! Seriously, he would have no clue. Put him back at Storrs and ask him about a player or recruit on campus - that's another story.

Reaction Score
I wish I had decent news to share. Trust me. It is dire out there and staff still does not have a consistent message to regain/drive narrative. The brand has taken a big hit. That is the current reality.
It still doesn't add up. Three years ago, we won a title, our fourth. For kids being recruited, they only know UConn as a brand. Up to a year ago, Ollie was getting praise from the likes of Durant, Lebron, even Iverson. This past season was difficult, but the record is easily justified by injury. Transfers are an epidemic, it's happening to almost very program. I can even buy Miller's departure causing Mal's decommit and maybe, but doubtfully, damaging our relationship's in the northeast. But I still don't buy it. Chillious was a great hire that should overcompensate Miller's departure. I don't get it. The narrative hasn't changed. UConn still should be able to recruit. This all leads me to believe it's far greater than narrative. I am fearful that it's much worse than narrative.

Reaction Score
Correct me if I am mistaken - but I don't believe Calhoun ever fired an assistant coach in his 25 years at UConn. So KO terminating Miller was not something he is going to be comfortable with. However, it started a long time before then as I believe Husky 99 indicated.
KO was also close to Calhoun's son - I don't know where that stands today? My guess is not close.

Just strange to see you writing about this firing considering you crapped all over Glen every chance you could?:rolleyes:

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
This is really bad. I hope Benedict isn't afraid to pull the trigger by March if we have another bad season and our 2018 recruiting class isn't looking good.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
This thread sucks....
I feel that way about almost all the threads the last few months. I guess it's to be expected after this past season. I still love any thread about Dave Wingett and the OT's about food, booze and music.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom