A.J. Reeves | Page 3 | The Boneyard

A.J. Reeves

Reaction Score
What's the deal with Reeves.....247 has him 90% UConn but also "cool" on us?

I thought UConn was his dream school at one point....can't we have a down year without every kid buying into the idea we're a bad choice now.

I get that Nova & PC are in the BE but geez do KO & Chill have some work to do.

I hope Larrier & AG are 100% because we need a top 25ish season.

Reaction Score

I thought UConn was his dream school at one point....can't we have a down year without every kid buying into the idea we're a bad choice now.

His UConn picks are a year old for the crystal ball so they're meaningless. We are on the outside looking in with Reeves. Barring a big swing, he won't be coming to UConn.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

People think we are in the 3-5 range on his list.

Reaction Score

This is what Groundhog Day feels like.... big very rarely update those and unless it's a top ten kid there isn't a lot of energy to keeping them current...

Reaction Score
This is what Groundhog Day feels like.... big very rarely update those and unless it's a top ten kid there isn't a lot of energy to keeping them current...
Ok...thanks....sounds like his "dream" school was just a catnap.

Reaction Score
I wish I had decent news to share. Trust me. It is dire out there and staff still does not have a consistent message to regain/drive narrative. The brand has taken a big hit. That is the current reality.

Seems like the only cure is winning. Unfortunately that means we will lose a lot of ground.

Reaction Score
Winning will solve all, or at least help folks to forget. That is also asking a lot.
have to think next year is Ollie's UConn swan song if they don't right the ship. We can't even fill out a roster right now and if he can't get talent to come here for 2018 there is no reason to keep him.

Reaction Score
Sorry for being a dic k ...bad day.
No problem....hope day improves....I know 247 is really outdated sometimes with predictions, was just surprised that (it seems) we're off his radar.

I still have faith we can right the ship with recruits but need to demonstrate early & often in 2017-2018 season we're still UConn.

Our nov/dec games carry a mountain of pressure for the team (unfortunately)...we have the dogs when healthy just need a couple more capable transfers to help.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I wish I had decent news to share. Trust me. It is dire out there and staff still does not have a consistent message to regain/drive narrative. The brand has taken a big hit. That is the current reality.

If what you say about still not having a consistent message is accurate then dire may be an understatement.

C

Chief00

I don't know if KO is a strategy type dude and that's really important, especially when you have to dig yourself out of a deep hole. The Miller thing was necessary but it was not handled on either end professionally. For someone that has been in the business as long as Miller, he really demonstrated a lack of maturity in his various sabotage attempts. Ironically, he further damaged his brand by doing so. But, coupled with the related transfers and De-commit it's left our program more damaged than I have seen it. Kevin did not take the precautions a good executive should take before going forward with a termination. He left customers exposed (players and recruits), apparently had no communication plan to reassure key players/recruits nor were consequences locked in if Miller went off on on a destructive path like he did.

The dogs are not eating KO's dog food, yet he seems befuddled and not crafting a new sellable product.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
The beauty of basketball is that, unlike football, you only need to hit on one player at this position. Everyone else could say that UConn is finished, and then a kid like Luguentz Dort could sign on the bottom line, and make all the difference.

Reaction Score

Hearing the same. Very bad buzz around recruiting and the team

Reaction Score
What happened between Ollie and Calhoun? The Courant made it sound like they don't talk. This was JC's hand picked succesor. He talked about him like a son. Ollie talked about him like a father. And now they don't talk? Hello.

Reaction Score
What happened between Ollie and Calhoun? The Courant made it sound like they don't talk. This was JC's hand picked succesor. He talked about him like a son. Ollie talked about him like a father. And now they don't talk? Hello.

these issues have been brewing for about a year-and-a-half. But they hit a stone wall when ollie let miller go.

Reaction Score
these issues have been brewing for about a year-and-a-half. But they hit a stone wall when ollie let miller go.
not sure I follow. what are you referring to when you say "these issues." If you can get specific?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
not sure I follow. what are you referring to when you say "these issues." If you can get specific?
You are not going to get any specifics that are worth a crap unless they come from KO or JC directly
Anything from anyone from Chief00 to Fishy to Bunky to Oz is hearsay or personal speculation. No more no less

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom