a few conference tournaments still going on | Page 5 | The Boneyard

a few conference tournaments still going on

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Another team that vanquished a AAC top tier team.... Long Beach beat South Florida
The AAC doesn't just get beat by anybody. It takes a conference champion like Hampton or LBSU.

Duke, on the other hand, lost to Vanderbilt.

Reaction Score
AND THE FINAL DAY ...

PATR: #1 Bucknell v #2 Navy
STLD: #1 C Arkansas v #4 Stephen F Austin
NEC : #1 Robert Morris v #4 Bryant
ASUN: #1 Stetson v #2 FGCU

MVC : #1 Drake v #2 No Iowa
IVY : #1 Penn v #2 Princeton
BGSO: #1 Radford v #7 UNC-Asheville
SUNB: #3 Troy v #5 LA Lafayette

Plebe

Reaction Score
AND THE FINAL DAY ...

PATR: #1 Bucknell v #2 Navy
STLD: #1 C Arkansas v #4 Stephen F Austin
NEC : #1 Robert Morris v #4 Bryant
ASUN: #1 Stetson v #2 FGCU

MVC : #1 Drake v #2 No Iowa
IVY : #1 Penn v #2 Princeton
BGSO: #1 Radford v #7 UNC-Asheville
SUNB: #3 Troy v #5 LA Lafayette

The first two games are on CBS Sports Network. Bucknell-Navy is now in overtime (Bucknell up 3 with about 2:00 to play).

I'm upset I don't get CBSSN because I really want to see this upcoming battle between the Lumberjacks and the Sugar Bears.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Watching the end of the Navy-Bucknell game now. It's in OT but appears that Bucknell will Eke out the win.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I was watching that Stetson-FGCU and Stetson looked in command with a 9 point lead in the 4th..... stepped away for a minute, and FGCU had come back and taken the lead. The final score wasnt indicative of how tight the game was. Another case like Elon of a team winning a game on their opponents home court.

That UNI game was a good one. They hit a 3 to take the lead with about 5 seconds to go..... but Drake came back and hit a shot to tie with 1 second on the clock to send it to overtime. Eventually they pulled away and got the win. Drake was going to the NCAAs win or lose, so there were alot of nervous bubble teams watching this game..... bet they swallowed hard when UNI hit that shot in regulation

Plebe

Reaction Score
Some close games today.

Drake beats Northern Iowa, 74-69 in OT. Heartbreak for Northern Iowa, which led by as much as 12 in the 2nd quarter.

Relief for bubble teams, because Northern Iowa would have probably stolen a bid (Drake would've received an at-large). With wins over K-State and Creighton, UNI still has an outside shot at an at-large bid.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Radford, the #1 seed in the Big South, missed a layup on a putback just before time expired. UNC Asheville, the #7 seed, wins 49-48.

UNC Asheville heads to a likely 1st-round game in Columbia.
Radford heads to the WNIT.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

UNC-Asheville :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Gotta feel terrible for that Radford player who missed that layup :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Reaction Score
In Radford, the #1 seed in the Big South, missed a layup on a putback just before time expired. UNC Asheville, the #7 seed, wins 49-48.

UNC Asheville heads to a likely 1st-round game in Columbia.
Radford heads to the WNIT.

UNC-Asheville, at 18-14 and a 7 seed in conference and #197 RPI, is almost surely the #64 team and will get a trip to Storrs.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Wow... what a weekend. I just counted... and I watched most or parts of 8 title games the past two days... and thats not even including the men's games. :eek: Just like with the men..... the most thrilling tournaments are the smaller conference ones. The Big South might have been the most thrilling of them all (finals, semi-finals)

I didnt know it at the time...... but found out that Elon's victory over JMU was their first ever. What a time for them to break the streak.

Its always good to see teams make it for the first time..... or for the first time in many many years.

UNC-Asheville, at 18-14 and a 7 seed in conference and #197 RPI, is almost surely the #64 team and will get a trip to Storrs.

One thing they mentioned was that UNC-Asheville was the preseason pick to win the conference...... but lost two seniors to ACL tears during the season. I had forgotten that they made the NCAA's last year. I guess they were a team of destiny. They had a 47% percent foul shooter hit two free throws with 5 seconds left to win the championship. That was their first lead of the game. In the semi-finals... they were down by two points with the clock winding down.... and the same 47% foul shooter converted a 3 point play to win the game with 1.8 seconds left.

Radford has to be to still sick to their stomachs. They were up 48-41 with 3 minutes to play but didnt score again. They missed several free throws in the last few minutes as well. Though I was rooting for the home state team.... its tough to watch a team lose the way they did. You could hear the sobs of the player who missed the layup at the buzzer. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom