Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
JMU has the ugliest court in all of Division I basketball :oops:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Ha, really? I was just thinking it looks kinda cool :cool:

I only caught bits and pieces of the game so far—and the live stream has been very choppy for me—but Elon is up 36-25 at halftime and looks to be simply the better team. JMU is having a really hard time getting good looks at the bucket, from what little I saw.

So when does Charlotte Smith take over for Hatchell?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Ha, really? I was just thinking it is kinda cool :cool:

I only caught bits and pieces of the game so far—and the live stream has been very choppy for me—but Elon is up 36-25 at halftime and looks to be simply the better team. JMU is having a really hard time getting good looks at the bucket, from what little I saw.

So when does Charlotte Smith take over for Hatchell?

Hopefully not for a few more years.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
image.jpeg
"Neutral" court

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Im not sure why they moved it.... for the past several years it was in Upper Marlboro MD. I looked it up.. and next year it will be at Drexel... the following year at Delaware.
The CAA is rotating the tourney through the teams' campuses.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The CAA is rotating the tourney through the teams' campuses.

Im sure you are aware of the new Elon arena. Not sure when it will be completed.. but it will be cool to have it at Elon in the future.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I'm impressed with Elon. Great guard play, good teamwork, great offensive balance. Charlotte Smith has done an outstanding job building this program.

JMU is fighting hard but getting nothing easy. Elon's up 52-38 with 9:15 to play.

James Madison - Portal

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I just saw Coach JP McCallie with her Elon Sweatshirt waving her Elon Pom Poms yelling and screaming at the last timeout.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I just saw Coach JP McCallie with her Elon Sweatshirt waving her Elon Pom Poms yelling and screaming at the last timeout.
Yep. Her daughter plays for Elon

Plebe

Reaction Score
Meanwhile, Long Beach State is up by 3 over UC Santa Barbara with 55 seconds to play in the Big West final. On Fox Sports Prime Ticket.

UCSB is coached by Bonnie Hendrickson, who was the longtime Kansas coach until a couple years ago.

Reaction Score
Meanwhile, Long Beach State is up by 3 over UC Santa Barbara with 55 seconds to play in the Big West final. On Fox Sports Prime Ticket.

UCSB is coached by Bonnie Hendrickson, who was the longtime Kansas coach until a couple years ago.

Known better on the Boneyard as the former coach of Virginia Tech.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I wasnt so sure that Elon could pull this off as they had lost both previous games to JMU....... but its hard to beat a good team 3 times in a season.

Earlier in the season.... a thread was made because Duke only beat Elon by 7 pts. Elon is a good squad.... with their RPI in the 20s... they probably will get a 12 seed in the tourney. A #5 seed better watch out.

I wonder how many Elon players got scholarship offers from ACC or any Power Conference school? Probably none.

Reaction Score
TODAY

IVY : #4 Brown v #1 Penn / #3 Harvard v #2 Princeton
MAC : #6 Toledo v #4 No Illinois
STLD: #6 TAMU-CC v #1 C Arkansas / #4 Stephen F Austin v #3 Lamar
BGSO: #5 Charl So v #1 Radford / #7 UNC-Asheville v #6 Presbyterian
MVC : #5 Wichita St v #1 Drake / #6 Evansville v #2 No Iowa
MEAC: #3 Hampton v #1 Bethune-C
SWAC: #1 Texas So v #2 Grambling
SKY : #6 Idaho St v #1 Montana St
CUSA: #3 So Miss v #1 W Kentucky
SUNB: #5 LA Lafayette v #1 UALR / #3 Troy v #2 UT-Arlington
WAC : #3 Seattle v #1 New Mexico St
BGW : #4 UCSB v #2 Long Beach St
CAA : #2 James Madison v #1 Elon

Plebe

Reaction Score
YES YES YES ELON ELON ELON !!! View attachment 20673
Frustrating night for James Madison. They got 25 O-boards and took 30 more shots than Elon (!!), but 23% FG shooting adds up to a lot of frustration. Precious Hall, the CAA player of the year and D-I's 5th-leading scorer at 23.3 ppg, had 32 points but took 33 shots to get there.

Congrats to Elon. They're probably going to be an 11-seed and could be a tough out for a #6. They start 3 seniors and 2 juniors, and their guard trio of Baucom, Brown, and Burnett really makes them go. Rhodes gives them a lot of stability on the inside.

This certainly cements Charlotte Smith as a "rising star" of the coaching ranks, and if I were a UNC fan I'd be clamoring for Hatchell to step aside for her.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I wasnt so sure that Elon could pull this off as they had lost both previous games to JMU.. but its hard to beat a good team 3 times in a season.

Earlier in the season.... a thread was made because Duke only beat Elon by 7 pts. Elon is a good squad.... with their RPI in the 20s... they probably will get a 12 seed in the tourney. A #5 seed better watch out.

I wonder how many Elon players got scholarship offers from ACC or any Power Conference school? Probably none.

With this victory, Elon's RPI just jumped from #27 to #21.

They will be a #11 seed unless the committee does a "procedural bump" for some reason.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Frustrating night for James Madison. They got 25 O-boards and took 30 more shots than Elon (!!), but 23% FG shooting adds up to a lot of frustration. Precious Hall, the CAA player of the year and D-I's 5th-leading scorer at 23.3 ppg, had 32 points but took 33 shots to get there.

Congrats to Elon. They're probably going to be an 11-seed and could be a tough out for a #6. They start 3 seniors and 2 juniors, and their guard trio of Baucom, Brown, and Burnett really makes them go. Rhodes gives them a lot of stability on the inside.

This certainly cements Charlotte Smith as a "rising star" of the coaching ranks, and if I were a UNC fan I'd be clamoring for Hatchell to step aside for her.

They lost six games this season. Green Bay, Duke, Wake Forest, UNC and twice to JMU.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Go Penn.... Go Elon, Go Long Beach State !!!!!
This has been a good day for you.

Long Beach State just barely hung on to win by a point. UCSB missed a 3-pointer at the buzzer that would've completed a comeback from 19 points down early in the 3rd quarter.

Penn beat Brown to advance to the Ivy League final against Princeton. Much was expected of Penn after they returned almost everyone from last year's NCAA tournament team, and they seem to have recovered from a very rocky start to the season (losses to Binghamton, St. Joseph's and La Salle).

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This has been a good day for you. .

Topped off with a ACC championship tonight :cool::cool:

Long Beach State just barely hung on to win by a point. UCSB missed a 3-pointer at the buzzer that would've completed a comeback from 19 points down early in the 3rd quarter.

).

Wish I could have seen that.... must have been on one of those CBS or Fox networks ??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom