a few conference tournaments still going on | Page 3 | The Boneyard

a few conference tournaments still going on

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
March is such an unproductive month :oops: ..... Need to do some errands and go to the grocery store and Arbys. but also need to watch the end of the MEAC (Mens) Final.... and the MEAC women and SWAC women start at 3pm ... Then the Elon women at 7pm.... and the ACC Men start at 9pm...
You could alway squeeze in the UConn guys at 5:00. BTW, nice win for your boys team yesterday. It's always good to beat a rival.

Reaction Score
Yes! Elon won the regular season championship and is now playing for its first CAA tourney championship. Go Phoenix!
They named a school after that Elton John song?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You could alway squeeze in the UConn guys at 5:00..

:rolleyes: If I wrote what I really wanted to write... it would get deleted.... and you might put me on probation for a few days. :p

BTW, nice win for your boys team yesterday. It's always good to beat a rival.

Its always always good to beat UNC... .... The Heel fans have been crowing this past week about winning the regular season and beating Duke last Saturday night... I told them to calm down... cause the season series stood at 1-1 and that there was the possibility of a third meeting to break the tie. Imma have alot of fun the next few days with these Heel fans. I went into a restaurant the other day to pick up something... I happened to be wearing a Duke shirt. The cook in the kitchen saw my shirt... and told me that they didnt serve my kind at that establishment. He wasnt smiling..... but the restaurant manager, cashier, and I were laughing it up. I think I might go back to that restaurant this afternoon... just to see if that cook is working .... of course I will be wearing a Duke shirt, jacket, and hat :D

Last edited:
Reaction Score
:rolleyes: If I wrote what I really wanted to write...

P3kRr.gif

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Drake found itself in another battle, down 6 at halftime vs. Wichita State, but then exploded for 37 points in the 3rd quarter and now up by 13.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
When did the Ivy League add a Tournament?
Perhaps we dont get all the news out west.
Dewey did beat Truman, I think?

Plebe

Reaction Score
When did the Ivy League add a Tournament?
Perhaps we dont get all the news out west.
Dewey did beat Truman, I think?
This is its inaugural year. Only top 4 play in it.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Go Penn.... Go Elon, Go Long Beach State !!!!!
Okay, I get your Elon connection, but why Penn and LBSU?

Now I'm watching a close game in the SWAC championship between Grambling and Texas Southern. It sounds like Dan Hughes on the call.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Okay, I get your Elon connection, but why Penn and LBSU?

Now I'm watching a close game in the SWAC championship between Grambling and Texas Southern. It sounds like Dan Hughes on the call.

All three teams Duke beat in the non-conference schedule.... it would be nice to have those three go on to win their conference championships.

I just now found that game. I clicked on it in the score section on ESPN... and it was showing the Ivy Men's tournament instead.

Nice to see the SWAC is playing in a pro arena..... I dont think they usually have played in such a big time environment before.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I guess the winner of this game goes on to face ND. I bet the MEAC winner faces UCONN.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
These MEAC and SWAC schools usually have no size. I looked at Grambling's roster....... and they dont have anyone over 6'0 :eek:

Plebe

Reaction Score
All three teams Duke beat in the non-conference schedule.... it would be nice to have those three go on to win their conference championships.

I just now found that game. I clicked on it in the score section on ESPN... and it was showing the Ivy Men's tournament instead.

Nice to see the SWAC is playing in a pro arena..... I dont think they usually have played in such a big time environment before.

The SWAC (both men and women) has been playing its conference tournament at the Toyota Center (home of the Rockets) for at least a few years. Texas Southern is located in Houston (just a few blocks from U of H, in fact). Prairie View A&M is about an hour or so outside of Houston.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
sadtiger.jpg~c200.jpg

Poor Grambling Tigers....... bad way to lose that game :(

First time ever for Texas Southern to make the NCAAs :)

Plebe

Reaction Score
Wow, Grambling missed a contested layup that would've tied the game with 10 seconds to play. That was the ball game.

I heard the announcers say TSU has never been to the NCAA tournament before, which surprised me. They've been at or near the top of the SWAC for at least a few years now, but I guess they never broke through in the conference tourney.

A couple years ago they were tied for 1st in the SWAC when they had that infamous brawl with Southern in their final regular-season game, which effectively put an end to their season. Too many of their players were suspended for them to field a competitive team in the tournament.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I see that Lachina Robinson is doing the broadcast for the MEAC.... not sure if she is on site... or from a studio. If on site.... looks like I should have gone to Norfolk today :D

Wow, Grambling missed a contested layup that would've tied the game with 10 seconds to play. That was the ball game.

I heard the announcers say TSU has never been to the NCAA tournament before, which surprised me. They've been at or near the top of the SWAC for at least a few years now, but I guess they never broke through in the conference tourney.

A couple years ago they were tied for 1st in the SWAC when they had that infamous brawl with Southern in their final regular-season game, which effectively put an end to their season. Too many of their players were suspended for them to field a competitive team in the tournament.

The announcer said they had been in the WNIT for 3 of the past 4 or 5 years.... so they were regular season champs.. but got upset in the conference tournament.... glad that they broke through this time.

Plebe

Reaction Score
The announcer said they had been in the WNIT for 3 of the past 4 or 5 years.... so they were regular season champs.. but got upset in the conference tournament.... glad that they broke through this time.

I saw LaChina in person for the first time last year at a Sparks-Lynx playoff game, and she is quite the presence. A tall glass of water, one might way.

Reaction Score
TODAY

IVY : #4 Brown v #1 Penn / #3 Harvard v #2 Princeton
MAC : #6 Toledo v #4 No Illinois
STLD: #6 TAMU-CC v #1 C Arkansas / #4 Stephen F Austin v #3 Lamar
BGSO: #5 Charl So v #1 Radford / #7 UNC-Asheville v #6 Presbyterian
MVC : #5 Wichita St v #1 Drake / #6 Evansville v #2 No Iowa
MEAC: #3 Hampton v #1 Bethune-C
SWAC: #1 Texas So v #2 Grambling
SKY : #6 Idaho St v #1 Montana St
CUSA: #3 So Miss v #1 W Kentucky
SUNB: #5 LA Lafayette v #1 UALR / #3 Troy v #2 UT-Arlington
WAC : #3 Seattle v #1 New Mexico St
BGW : #4 UCSB v #2 Long Beach St
CAA : #2 James Madison v #1 Elon

Plebe

Reaction Score

And now their reward is a date with Baylor in the 1st round of the NCAAs. :confused:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I saw LaChina in person for the first time last year at a Sparks-Lynx playoff game, and she is quite the presence. A tall glass of water, one might way.

Well I was gonna say she's a tall cup of caffe au lait:cool: 6'4... plus heels :eek:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
And now their reward is a date with Baylor in the 1st round of the NCAAs. :confused:

I would hope not. Im sure the NCAAs want to reduce costs.... but I would at least like for them to be able to travel somewhere other than Waco. But then again.. their fans would be able to make that drive.... as opposed to a flight to Connecticut or Columbia.

Two things..... I remember a few years ago.... they had predetermined first round sites.. and. Hampton made the tournament.... and they were better than a #16 seed... but they got rewarded with a 16th and played Stanford in Norfolk.

Back in 2001..... one of the local men's team won the Southern.... they were a 16 seed.... but they at least they got a trip to San Diego.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I would hope not. Im sure the NCAAs want to reduce costs.... but I would at least like for them to be able to travel somewhere other than Waco. But then again.. their fans would be able to make that drive.... as opposed to a flight to Connecticut or Columbia.

Two things..... I remember a few years ago.... they had predetermined first round sites.. and. Hampton made the tournament.... and they were better than a #16 seed... but they got rewarded with a 16th and played Stanford in Norfolk.

Back in 2001..... one of the local men's team won the Southern.... they were a 16 seed.... but they at least they got a trip to San Diego.

I would be shocked if they don't send TSU to Baylor. TSU's true seed will be a #16, and in the women's tournament they love keeping teams within driving distance whenever possible. Just like last year they sent Savannah State to Columbia for a 1st-round slaughter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom