3X3, U18 World Cup (merged) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

3X3, U18 World Cup (merged)

Reaction Score
Next up Ukraine 3- 0 or China 2 -1 to meet USA at 12:20 PM in the SEMIFINAL GAME.
China 20 over Ukraine 16. China's heights are 167 cm, 182 cm, 183m cm, and 177,
USA 186CM 190CM and 186CM
Arianna Roberson on crutches in the stands.

Reaction Score
From a WNBA scout:

She has 4 years. But I assume what the Scout means is Sarah gets the pick from a Guard or Wing-Forward, then have her decide just like she was a guard to use her strength vs the defender to dribble more to the basket for an inside shot or pass to the guard for a 3pt/outside shot. All is possible in UCONN's motion offense. Though I have to admit it is not ideal for Paige and Azzi to be setting screens vs physcial other PF's if the PF is aggressive. But ofc they aren't China Dolls either.

And if ths Scout is into watching UCONN and wants to watch Sarah, I know he or she will be extremely pleased to see that UCONN will not play Sraha as a "post-centric" PF.

This is part of the reason why many number 1 type of H/S recruits come to UCONN. Geno's motion offense enhances their overall game; not limiting it. Nor is Geno so fixated on height to play a position within his offense or defense. :)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Though I have to admit it is not ideal for Paige and Azzi to be setting screens vs physcial other PF's if the PF is aggressive.

Think he/she means using Strong as the ball-handler probably with wings and forwards. That would allow Strong to possibly shoot or to have the other player dive to the hoop off the screen where they might receive her pass.

Reaction Score
USA 21 CHINA 8 Sarah with 8 points, Saniyah with 8 points, and Jasmine with 5 points
Sarah with 3 rebounds ? + dimes, a block, and multiple tips. Jasmine with a block.
Sanyah with rebounds and steals. The name of the game was MISMATCHES! USA was
also Quicker. Finals at 3:10 PM Either Germany ( definite favorite ) or Japan.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Some people have stated that UConn is going to miss Amari this season and that Jana won't have a backup for when she needs to rest or has some foul problems. I now see at least two players that can sub for her, both Ice and Sarah should be able to spell her if it's needed. They are both powerful enough to keep the opposing teams big somewhat contained and with the rest of the team on the floor they should be able to counter any scoring that the oppositions big contributes.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Germany/Japan is a great game going down to the wire. Looked like Germany was going to rout the Japanese. Germany has all the height, Japan is tiny but quick.

Reaction Score
Think he/she means using Strong as the ball-handler probably with wings and forwards. That would allow Strong to possibly shoot or to have the other player dive to the hoop off the screen where they might receive her pass.
Paige and Azzi are Wings to a certain degree. They should rarely be diving to the hoop in half court sets utilizing them as pick players. Instead as pick players within the motion offense I can see them after setting a pick moving back to catch a pass for a 3 while the bigger PF guarding Sarah has to extend out. I just can't see as a specific reference the Scout made having a perimeter player (Which generally Wings are referred to as) having them as a "dive player" toward the paint just to see if Sarah can do a Pick and Roll.

I guess in a way the Scout doesn't care about win or lose of the game or overall efficiency of an offense etc. More interested in specific individual plays.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Germany stole that one. Japan had it. Two bad calls late, a banked-in three, and then Japan's tying shot came just after the buzzer.

I'd have rather played the much smaller Japanese.

Reaction Score
Some people have stated that UConn is going to miss Amari this season and that Jana won't have a backup for when she needs to rest or has some foul problems. I now see at least two players that can sub for her, both Ice and Sarah should be able to spell her if it's needed. They are both powerful enough to keep the opposing teams big somewhat contained and with the rest of the team on the floor they should be able to counter any scoring that the oppositions big contributes.
Whether Ice is a Uconn level good backup C is a good question, but she was ahead of Amari last year and would be this year too if Amari had stayed. The difference is if Jana or Ice gets injured this year. Sarah could be a factor there, but we are also relatively short of proven candidates at the 4.

If you assume Sarah starts there, as I do, we also have a question about the backup 4, at least until Aubrey returns. When she does if other options disappoint ( Ayanna, Caroline, Morgan) then Geno could use just a three big rotation, with Jana playing all her minutes at the 5, Aubrey playing just the 4, and Sarah swinging between both.

Of course there are probably as many posters here that would rather see Sarah at the 3 than the 5, but this year both Sarah and Aubrey will be needed more upfront IMO.

Reaction Score
USA 21 CHINA 8 Sarah with 8 points, Saniyah with 8 points, and Jasmine with 5 points
Sarah with 3 rebounds ? + dimes, a block, and multiple tips. Jasmine with a block.
Sanyah with rebounds and steals. The name of the game was MISMATCHES! USA was
also Quicker. Finals at 3:10 PM Either Germany ( definite favorite ) or Japan.
Japan 20 Germany 18 in O.T. BABY. Japan's Speed vs Germany's inside game.
The final shot from Japan had to be reviewed for MANY minutes. The ball was in
the air on the contested layup when time expired. In O.T. a defensive miscue by Germany gave
Japan an open three and she HIT IT! FInals at 3 : 10 PM : USA VS CINDERELLA JAPAN.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
There is no way Japan's last shot in regulation beat the clock. Should've been Germany's victory.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom