3X3, U18 World Cup (merged) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

3X3, U18 World Cup (merged)

Reaction Score
Game 2 USA 21 Latvia 11 Jazzy Davidson the prime offense for the USA .
Sarah Strong with a "STRONG" overall game: a block, a powerful rebound,
a steal, multiple on target passes and " dimes". Sarah scored on a few put
backs and drives to the basket. But she made her role this time as a facilitator and
at time "coach on the court " directing the play of her teammates. Sarah's only
mistakes were two travelling violations.
Jamelle Elliott is in the stands for UCONN. A "Dukie" is in the stands for
Arianna Roberson # 15.
The USA's games # 3 and # 4 will be on Thursday morning. Right now
I have it as changed to a 8:45 start time for game # 3 vs New Zealand and Game
# 4 vs Poland at ( perhaps ) 10:35 AM.

Reaction Score
Game 2 USA 21 Latvia 11 Jazzy Davidson the prime offense for the USA .
Sarah Strong with a "STRONG" overall game: a block, a powerful rebound,
a steal, multiple on target passes and " dimes". Sarah scored on a few put
backs and drives to the basket. But she made her role this time as a facilitator and
at time "coach on the court " directing the play of her teammates. Sarah's only
mistakes were two travelling violations.
Jamelle Elliott is in the stands for UCONN. A "Dukie" is in the stands for
Arianna Roberson # 15.
The USA's games # 3 and # 4 will be on Thursday morning. Right now
I have it as changed to a 8:45 start time for game # 3 vs New Zealand and Game
# 4 vs Poland at ( perhaps ) 10:35 AM.
how many games to they play in this tournament? Just the 4?

Reaction Score

Looking at this picture Strong looks about as big as Davidson and Hall and several inches shorter than Roberson. When I watch the games she may still be an inch or 2 shorter than Roberson but she is easily the biggest player on the USA squad. Standing next to Strong, Hall and Davidson look like the before picture in the old Charles Atlas ads in my comic books.

Reaction Score
4 and then the knockout/medal rounds, I’m assuming.
Four games in Pool/Group play (five teams in each of four pools = 20 teams)
Then Quarterfinals (8 teams) with a reseeding based on games won and total
points in those games if a tiebreaker is required in the seeding. Then Semis
(4 teams, obviously), and then the FINALs. That would be a total of 7 games.
My guess the big competition will be Germany or France who played each other in
Game #1 with Germany winning in O.T. 20 - 18. Undefeated teams as I write this are:
Japan, China, USA, Poland ( USA plays them on Thursday at 10:35 AM ?), Ukraine,
Spain 1-0, one game pending, and Germany (as mentioned above). Teams " mature " during
these tournaments as each team takes some time to find their timing
and "chemistry". Often a team will begin to "click" later in the tournament and upsets can
happen (but are they upsets??). Streaky two-point shooting (three-point land), can really
turn a game around... not to mention the 3X3 rules on team fouling... THE USA 3X3 team
in the Olympics lost one game (IMHO) because they hit the limit on team fouls and
disaster was just around the corner = i.e.: Penalty Free Throws and loss of possession (it
gets complex).

Reaction Score
Looking at this picture Strong looks about as big as Davidson and Hall and several inches shorter than Roberson. When I watch the games she may still be an inch or 2 shorter than Roberson but she is easily the biggest player on the USA squad. Standing next to Strong, Hall and Davidson look like the before picture in the old Charles Atlas ads in my comic books.
According to the official Fiba measurements from a poster above, she is only an inch taller than Strong, who is an inch taller than Jazzy and Saniyah:
Jazzy D 186 cm which converts to 73.728 inches and then to 6 feet 1 728/100 inches rounded up 6 feet two inches?
Saniyah H 186 cm same as Jazzy just under 6 feet two inches
Adianna R. 193 cm converts to 75.984 inches or six feet 3 984/100 inches or rounded up to 6 feet four inches
Sarah S. 190 cm converts to 74.803 inches or six feet two and 803/100 inches or rounded up to almost 6 foot three inches

Reaction Score
Can't lie, I've been geeked about Sarah highlights all summer and these highlights only made me more excited. I think I didn't understand how good of a shooter she was until watching more highlights. That may be her best skill. I thought she was a Courtney Paris type, but I was way off. I think her and Jana will complement each other really well. I guess the question I have is whether she is a 3 or a 4. Also, I really don't have a player comp for her.

Reaction Score
This 3x3 team looks well put together. I actually listened to the announcer and he remarked how tall they were and that Sarah was a strong physical player so the other team had better make shots. First game made me realize what everyone saw in Sarah and second time really displayed her advanced skills. Too bad the constant whistles in the second game made it hard to get any flow.

I did notice how the uniforms were different in 3x3. Shirts are made to be played untucked. Would not be allowed in NCAA. I think it just seems stupid when the officials in NCAA are constantly telling the players to tuck in their shirts.

Reaction Score
Can't lie, I've been geeked about Sarah highlights all summer and these highlights only made me more excited. I think I didn't understand how good of a shooter she was until watching more highlights. That may be her best skill. I thought she was a Courtney Paris type, but I was way off. I think her and Jana will complement each other really well. I guess the question I have is whether she is a 3 or a 4. Also, I really don't have a player comp for her.

Her middle name should be versatility. She won't be able to guard Hidalgo one on one but her feet look quick enough for her to defend the perimeter. Where she plays? Show me the roster on 11-1 and I'll tell you.

Reaction Score
IMO. At UConn in that scheme, she is a PF/4.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom