3X3, U18 World Cup (merged) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

3X3, U18 World Cup (merged)

Reaction Score
Can't lie, I've been geeked about Sarah highlights all summer and these highlights only made me more excited. I think I didn't understand how good of a shooter she was until watching more highlights. That may be her best skill. I thought she was a Courtney Paris type, but I was way off. I think her and Jana will complement each other really well. I guess the question I have is whether she is a 3 or a 4. Also, I really don't have a player comp for her.
On the defensive end she is a PF/4 or even can defend most centers at the 5 spot. Her defensive rebounding will be elite. With her quick feet, powerful body, she is ideal to have inside to compete for rebounds.

And on the offensive end ofc her 3pt shooting appears to be excellent but not only don't you want her to only be a big-time perimeter efficient scorer but you also want that from her in the low post as well. Which she is excellent there as well. She's human so there will be games undoubtedly that the outside shot isn't falling and/or opposing teams will either want to/or have to defend her with someone smaller in height and/or build. Therefore, she'll also show off her prowess in the paint and punish these teams that think a smaller player has a chance (my comment of chance is a goal/figure of speech.). Just like SoCar has treated our small teams these past few years, a player like Sarah (and Jana hopefully) will be used to punish the smaller teams/defenders.

And looking at her 3 inside baskets thus far, two of them she was fouled pretty hard (no foul call) and she still finished. The other inside basket came from an offensive rebound that she made look so easy. Great players tend to make hard things look easy.

Reaction Score
I liked her decisiveness. She knew what she was going to do before she got the ball. Shoot, drive or pass. That's what Geno says. She does all three very well. She can be a elite power forward or an elite stretch forward. Of course this is U18 but she is looking like the speed of college bb won't be a problem.

Reaction Score
She's looking like she'll be a real defensive threat to any front court...
It's those quick hands and long arms. She tipped a couple passes and grabbed one right out of the air. Roberson had a good one of those too.

PvP

Reaction Score
Phew... Was wondering what the "2x3" team would look like..

2x3....that's what so many UCONN opponents have been praying for ever since Geno arrived in Storrs!!

Reaction Score
USA 21 New Zealand 6 I counted at least 8 blocks by the combined
USA team BIG NEWS = Injury to Arianna Roberson. It looked like a knee!!
She was carried off the court. USA will probably be down to 3 players with
no subs for the remainder of the Tournament. Arianna injury came at
the side of the court.. it looked like no real contact.. it looked like her
knee buckled?? TBC.
Sarah with some very nice passes. good rebounding. Jasmine
Davidson too quick for the Kiwis.

Reaction Score
knee buckled?? TBC.
That's a huge blow to Duke and the USA team. Hoping it's nothing too serious.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Sarah missed a few shots but also made a bunch and had a fabulous bounce pass for an assist. Think she looked a bit vulnerable defensively against quick players off the dribble.

Reaction Score
Their last pool play game is today i know but does anyone know the schedule of the tournament after pool play? Worried about those girls only having 3 players.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Their last pool play game is today i know but does anyone know the schedule of the tournament after pool play? Worried about those girls only having 3 players.

Hypothetically, they will have to play quarters, semis, and the final tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Sarah missed a few shots but also made a bunch and had a fabulous bounce pass for an assist. Think she looked a bit vulnerable defensively against quick players off the dribble.
I doubt she’ll need to be a primary defender for quick guards on UCONN, post players are typically slower and that’s likely who she’ll match up with.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Sheer domination in game 2.

21-4 US over Poland.

Strong hit three "threes" made a couple of ridiculous passes and bullied her way down low. Missed two bunnies but still.

Hall and Davidson really need to play at Storrs. Both are super impressive. Hall is a Pitbull competitor. Both have excellent IQ and high-level skills.

Reaction Score
knee buckled?? TBC.
USA 21 - Poland 4 Noteworthy: Both teams went into this game with perfect 3 -0 records.
And the USA squad is playing without Arianna Roberson, due to injury in previous game = no report of injury status.
So NO SUBS for the USA in a very demanding game. But...
In this game the USA was up 13 -1 after three minutes ... Demoralizing to the Polish Team. The
USA ladies were PUMPED. Many "sweet dimes" for the USA squad. This is a highlight reel not to be
missed. See replays on youtube channel. The last basket by Sarah is a POWER DRIVE...Sarah was not to
be denied. USE moves on to the Quarterfinals against the #2 B group team.

Reaction Score
Am I crazy/biased when I watch Sarah or does she just not play like a teenager? Her skill set seems so advanced to me it always feels like I am watching someone in their mid 20s play pick up with high schoolers but maybe its my blue and white colored glasses? I don't remember seeing a player come in to college with this kind of game before. Obviously not saying she's the BEST player to come in to college but maybe the most unique top prospect in a while.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom