3X3, U18 World Cup (merged) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

3X3, U18 World Cup (merged)

Reaction Score
Germany stole that one. Japan had it. Two bad calls late, a banked-in three, and then Japan's tying shot came just after the buzzer.

I'd have rather played the much smaller Japanese.
You got your wish. The final could be a 6 minute game.

Reaction Score
What in the.............

After a 5-minutes review they decide Japan's shot counted and the game went to OT where Japan won on a buzzer-beating three.

Best 3x3 game I've ever seen.
Remarkable game. ENJOYED IT IMMENSELY! USA has the speed and size to contain Japan, IMHO

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
You got your wish. The final could be a 6 minute game.

They are incredibly quick, but if the US doesn't pound them inside there should be an investigation.

Reaction Score
Some people have stated that UConn is going to miss Amari this season and that Jana won't have a backup for when she needs to rest or has some foul problems. I now see at least two players that can sub for her, both Ice and Sarah should be able to spell her if it's needed. They are both powerful enough to keep the opposing teams big somewhat contained and with the rest of the team on the floor they should be able to counter any scoring that the oppositions big contributes.
I think it was just one poster. Whether it be one or others - but that partcular poster (and possibly others) is/are infatuated with height thus always will overrate it.

Reaction Score
Great, great game and drama, with some calls going against the Japanese, but that tying shot was after the clock expired.
It looked like a couple of bad calls went against Japan and Germany got a few undeserved free throws. But it didn't seem to slow Japan down. And the last call the refs got right after much deliberation. It looked like the clock had expired initially. But the review seemed to show that the clock had glitched and gone blank with a couple seconds left.

The deeper into the tournament, the rougher the games get. It was a lot of finesse in the early rounds. I have a feeling Sarah Jazzy and Saniyah can take a bit of roughhousing.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
It looked like the clock had expired initially. But the review seemed to show that the clock had glitched and gone blank with a couple seconds left.

If you watch the clock in the lower left--which was 0.7 seconds faster than the game clock on the wall--the timer went to 0 a good second before the ball left her hand. I don't believe she got it off, and if they had proof she did I don't think it would've taken more than 5 minutes to make a ruling.

Reaction Score
Germany/Japan is a great game going down to the wire. Looked like Germany was going to rout the Japanese. Germany has all the height, Japan is tiny but quick.
More than "quick".... " LETHAL" inside and outside Japan > Germany in O.T. Baby!!

Reaction Score
There is no way Japan's last shot in regulation beat the clock. Should've been Germany's victory.
You could not have asked for a longer, or more considered OFFICIAL REVIEW. IMO
they were looking for the right camera view to see the shot and the clock. The one
that the officials displayed on HUGH overhead screen was seen by EVERYONE; after that
display the JAPANESE player showed HER pleasure when she saw the shot from the side
camera. NO COMPLAINTS FROM THE GERMANS who saw the same BIG SCREEN
REVIEW!! But I must admit ,when I saw the final shot of #27 SONE, from the camera
facing the basket ( a high view , TV view ), it looked too late. JAPAN was fortunate
that the officials TOOK THEIR TIME to get the right view , and make the RIGHT CALL, IMHO!
Proof of the pudding.... Japan took it to the USA in the FINAL and at 19 - 19 Japan could
have won ! That my friend was a "THRILLER". GREAT STUFF!

Reaction Score
If you watch the clock in the lower left--which was 0.7 seconds faster than the game clock on the wall--the timer went to 0 a good second before the ball left her hand. I don't believe she got it off, and if they had proof she did I don't think it would've taken more than 5 minutes to make a ruling.
Interesting. They weren’t very forthcoming with information on the stream I watched. Maybe they thought it unfair to rule Japan’s shot late because the glitch prevented the player from knowing the time.

Reaction Score
Great, great game and drama, with some calls going against the Japanese, but that tying shot was after the clock expired.
See my long thread post (#148) to see my reasons for Disagreeing ( and Agreeing) with you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom