3X3, U18 World Cup (merged) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

3X3, U18 World Cup (merged)

Reaction Score
If you watch the clock in the lower left--which was 0.7 seconds faster than the game clock on the wall--the timer went to 0 a good second before the ball left her hand. I don't believe she got it off, and if they had proof she did I don't think it would've taken more than 5 minutes to make a ruling.
Interesting point of view.... Why would they wait 5 minutes to make a wrong call?? When I saw the shot in live
action, it also looked like a late shot to me. BUT...
.... but the review was...... OFFICIAL.... WHEN IS A FOUL A FOUL? ( for example)... When the REF says it is a foul.
THEN IT IS "OFFICIAL"...... SO,.. here, a basket or not a basket.???.... THERE IS NO CALL UNTIL THE "FAT LADY SINGS"!
THE (OFFICIAL) FAT LADY SAID: " THE BASKET IS GOOD" with video evident that they displayed it on the HUGE SCREEN for
both teams, the crowd, and the live stream audience to see. I accept their decision and what I saw on the review screen.

Reaction Score
Interesting. They weren’t very forthcoming with information on the stream I watched. Maybe they thought it unfair to rule Japan’s shot late because the glitch prevented the player from knowing the time.
MAYBE.. Let the game make the decision, let the ladies play!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
So Sarah earned two U18 Gold medals this summer, playing both the 5X5 and 3X3 tournaments. Now if she can help UConn win their 12th NC that would be like winning the Triple Crown in basketball.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I find the ranking system in 3X3 to be ?@*# - The USA came in ranked #18 lowest of all the teams, were down to 3 players after the group phase, beat crap out of everyone except Japan, won Gold and are now once again ranked #1 They they every failed to win a medal in an international competition, and often has it not been GOLD.

I understand the ranking is based on player rankings in 3X3 sanction events, but ...

Reaction Score
My heart sank when I heard a player was hurt -- maybe seriously -- and though I feel for Arianna, I am very relieved for Geno. In past years, news like that seemed invariably to land on his Huskies. I wonder if the winds of karma have finally shifted.

Reaction Score
It's Gold... Swipe

Interesting HIGHLIGHT REEL,, Every USA bucket... one at a time!
Nerve racking when Japan was up 17 - 15 on that three/ two pointer
and then Japan again up at 18 - 19 on ANOTHER Japanese two pointer. There were at least
10 ties (probably more , I started counting at 3 - 3.)

Reaction Score
I find the ranking system in 3X3 to be ?@*# - The USA came in ranked #18 lowest of all the teams, were down to 3 players after the group phase, beat crap out of everyone except Japan, won Gold and are now once again ranked #1 They they every failed to win a medal in an international competition, and often has it not been GOLD.

I understand the ranking is based on player rankings in 3X3 sanction events, but ...
My take on this is that the "system" takes in the play of a Nation's teams thoughout the
whole 3X3 season. The USA " participates" but with different players and different
"mix" of teammates. The nice thing about the "system" is that it rewards all the
world's team and is ( usually, to my understanding ) based on a "regional" or
zone selection process. So... there will always be a representative from each
FIBA region. Sounds a little like the NCAA tournament giving NCAA tournament
slots to each major and mid-major conference, etc. in Division 1. Would you prefer
the NCAA WBB tournament to be only the " Power " conferences and schools
like UCONN and Gonzaga??? It would be quite different!! No Cinderellas,
no "bracket busters"!!

Reaction Score
My heart sank when I heard a player was hurt -- maybe seriously -- and though I feel for Arianna, I am very relieved for Geno. In past years, news like that seemed invariably to land on his Huskies. I wonder if the winds of karma have finally shifted.

For Geno and not Sarah… smh

Reaction Score
USA win double at FIBA 3x3 U18 World Cup 2024
Medal Chase: Gold
Pool Play:
Sarah Strong: MVP
  • Game 1: Egypt | Tot: 11 | 1Pt: 1 | 2Pt: 8 | FT: 2 | TOT: 21 | Replay |
  • Game 2: Latvia | Tot: 2 | 1Pt: 2 | 2Pt: 0 | FT: 0 | TOT: 21 | Replay |
  • Game 3: New Zealand | Tot: 6 | 1Pt: 6 | 2Pt: 0 | FT: 0 | TOT: 21 | Replay |
  • Game 4: Poland | Tot: 10 | 1Pt: 3 | 2Pt: 6 | FT: 1 | TOT: 21 | Replay |
  • Game 5: Spain | Tot: 5 | 1Pt: 5 | 2Pt: 0 | FT: 0 | TOT: 18 | Replay (@34:49) |
  • Game 6: China | Tot: 8 | 1Pt: 8 | 2Pt: 0 | FT: 0 | TOT: 21 | Replay |
  • Game 7: Japan | Tot: 6 | 1Pt: 6 | 2Pt: 0 | FT: 0 | TOT: 21 | Replay |
  • ALL Games | Tot: 48 | 1Pt: 31 | 2Pt: 14 | FT: 3 | TOT: 144 |
Jasmine Davidson:
  • Game 1: Egypt | Tot: 1 | 1Pt: 1 | 2Pt: 0 | FT: 0 | TOT: 21 | Replay |
  • Game 2: Latvia | Tot: 9 | 1Pt: 5 | 2Pt: 2 | FT: 2 | TOT: 21 | Replay |
  • Game 3: New Zealand | Tot: 10 | 1Pt: 8 | 2Pt: 2 | FT: 0 | TOT: 21 | Replay |
  • Game 4: Poland | Tot: 5 | 1Pt: 2 | 2Pt: 2 | FT: 1 | TOT: 21 | Replay |
  • Game 5: Spain | Tot: 5 | 1Pt: 1 | 2Pt: 2 | FT: 2 | TOT: 18 | Replay (@34:49) |
  • Game 6: China | Tot: 5 | 1Pt: 4 | 2Pt: 0 | FT: 1 | TOT: 21 | Replay |
  • Game 7: Japan | Tot: 7 | 1Pt: 5 | 2Pt: 2 | FT: 0 | TOT: 21 | Replay |
  • ALL Games | Tot: 42 | 1Pt: 26 | 2Pt: 10 | FT: 6 | TOT: 144 |
Saniyah Hall:
  • Game 1: Egypt | Tot: 6 | 1Pt: 4 | 2Pt: 0 | FT: 2 | TOT: 21 | Replay |
  • Game 2: Latvia | Tot: 3 | 1Pt: 3 | 2Pt: 0 | FT: 0 | TOT: 21 | Replay |
  • Game 3: New Zealand | Tot: 4 | 1Pt: 3 | 2Pt: 0 | FT: 1 | TOT: 21 | Replay |
  • Game 4: Poland | Tot: 6 | 1Pt: 6 | 2Pt: 0 | FT: 0 | TOT: 21 | Replay |
  • Game 5: Spain | Tot: 8 | 1Pt: 3 | 2Pt: 2 | FT: 3 | TOT: 18 | Replay (@34:49) |
  • Game 6: China | Tot: 8 | 1Pt: 8 | 2Pt: 0 | FT: 0 | TOT: 21 | Replay |
  • Game 7: Japan | Tot: 8 | 1Pt: 7 | 2Pt: 0 | FT: 1 | TOT: 21 | Replay |
  • ALL Games | Tot: 43 | 1Pt: 34 | 2Pt: 2 | FT: 7 | TOT: 144 |

Reaction Score
Great Stuff... I can't get enough of Sarah and the other USA teammates highlights....
The passing! The team chemistry! The Balanced scoring!.... the unselfish
sharing! ...... looks like UCONN WBB!!
The chemistry seemed better when Arianna was out there. After she went down, Jazzy and Saniyah seemed to play more 1v1 on offense. Very little passing off the dribble, other than by Sarah. This is understandable. The injury must have been a shock to all of them. It may also have contributed to their struggles with Japan.

Sarah was wonderful throughout. Her confidence with the ball, her ability to create her own shot, that’s amazing. ASI is her passing and rebounding. And her quick hands on defense is equally impressive. Long arms and quick hands is a great combination.

Reaction Score
The chemistry seemed better when Arianna was out there. After she went down, Jazzy and Saniyah seemed to play more 1v1 on offense. Very little passing off the dribble, other than by Sarah. This is understandable. The injury must have been a shock to all of them. It may also have contributed to their struggles with Japan.

Sarah was wonderful throughout. Her confidence with the ball, her ability to create her own shot, that’s amazing. ASI is her passing and rebounding. And her quick hands on defense is equally impressive. Long arms and quick hands is a great combination.
I agree.. I think that once she starts playing college basketball, She's going to live in the free throw line every game. She definitely has this type of power and authority to her game that is going to benefit the Uconn offense and is going to be an absolute nightmarefor the opposing defense. So as a defender, not only do you have to prevent sarah from scoring, but you gotta also guard her passing skills as well.

Also, those pick and roll plays that Uconn Is going to use with Sarah are going to be insane. In addition to also having another option of a player bringing down the ball. Aubrey, Ayanna, and Jana are going to have a field day slashing to the rim. If this team stays healthy, they are going to be an absolute nightmare for teams.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Bummer - not unlike Jana last year. Basketball in all forms is dangerous and summer time gives no chance to recover for the school year.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Arianna Roberson is out for Duke. Her injury will side line her for the whole season. Too bad.
This is so bad, and I am really sick about all these injuries, and I hope she makes a healthy recovery. Now, I think we all know that this girl chose Duke over UConn, so how devastating would we feel if she had chosen us. Maybe the tide is turning, and our injury woes have passed by, so I think there is hope for us although most of us still are nervous in the back of our minds because of our past. I have faith that this year will be different and all we have to worry about is the final score of all our games.

Reaction Score
This is so bad, and I am really sick about all these injuries, and I hope she makes a healthy recovery. Now, I think we all know that this girl chose Duke over UConn, so how devastating would we feel if she had chosen us. Maybe the tide is turning, and our injury woes have passed by, so I think there is hope for us although most of us still are nervous in the back of our minds because of our past. I have faith that this year will be different and all we have to worry about is the final score of all our games.
I agree.. at this point, I'm just glad our Uconn girls are, so far, healthy. My wishlist is to see Azzi have a breakthrough year. Azzis is sooooo talented and I hipe the whole basketball world can experience her greatness.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom