3-way Tie for BE POTY, and no Bouk? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

3-way Tie for BE POTY, and no Bouk?

Reaction Score
Just so St. John's fans know
Uconn recruiting budget is all on this card...
1615407839698.png

Reaction Score
Hopefully Dan Hurley uses this to motivate him.
I don't think that's necessary, he's already a killer now turned into a mass murderer. Just watch.

Remember Kevin Freeman is a coach.

Happy Friday Night Lights GIF

Reaction Score
The POTY is now a participation award?
The more the merrier?
How woke of the NBE
I surely miss the OBE in many ways

I understand Bouk not playing enough as a factor but the powers to be could not chose ONE player?
If I'm Champagnie from ST Johns, based on stats, I would be peeved
The only one who did receive it and deserved it to some degree is Robinson-Earl. Mamu and Gillespie - NOT
Have to wonder if Gillespie had not been injured, would he be considered or is it a pity award?

These awards, as the season and the whole of 2020 are just too screwed up to make any sense out of them

To hell with the awards - just win on the court
537D8D5C-02BC-440F-A47C-9D29BBC9A791.gif

Reaction Score
To me, I don’t care as much about how “bad” it was going 3-6 vs Nova, Creighton, SJ, SH, PC, X as I do care about how impressive going 8-0 vs Georgetown, Butler, DePaul, Marquette is. No other team swept the bottom 4 in the league!
We won 7 of these 8 by double digits, also. Only one in single was @Depaul without Bouk.

Reaction Score
I love when boomers call out the “participation trophy era.” Who was ordering those trophies? I remember when I was nine and my youth soccer teammates and I hit up the trophy store so we would all feel awesome ?
It is ridiculous, like 3rd place equates with a participation trophy. I don't hear anyone complaining about bronze medals.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Pathetic. I would voluntarily opt out of a 3 way POY award. I always thought 2 was bad. Just another example of everyone winning. What if each coach voted for someone different? Then we’d have 9 players of the year? Figure it out.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Pathetic. I would voluntarily opt out of a 3 way POY award. I always thought 2 was bad. Just another example of everyone winning. What if each coach voted for someone different? Then we’d have 9 players of the year? Figure it out.
no, you wouldn't.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
For all the people who keep bringing it up, what exactly is the Big East supposed to do? 3 coaches vote for Mamu, 3 for Gillespie, 3 for Robinson-Earl, what's that next step that the Big East is supposed to do?
What if each coach voted for a different player? They need to figure it out.

Reaction Score
What if each coach voted for a different player? They need to figure it out.
You're only allowed to choose from the 6 1st team players so that won't happen, although you could theoretically have 5 guys with 2 votes in a tie under the current system

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
You're only allowed to choose from the 6 1st team players so that won't happen, although you could theoretically have 5 guys with 2 votes in a tie under the current system
You see what I mean.

Reaction Score
Yes and lost them all. And only played each one 1 time. UConn doesn’t have any Big East wins against any of the better big East teams. I can’t see how you throw stones at SJU with nothing on the resume’, and I’m not knocking UConn as I think they’re a good team.

We shouldn't be throwing stones at all but you should tread lightly too. Huskies with Bouk beta you by double digits even playing your best game. But thanks for your interest in UConn basketball.

Reaction Score
Mike Anderson did a lot more with less I think. Low ranked players. UConn was preseason #3 and ended #3. Could make a case for both guys of course but Anderson’s team far exceeded expectations. As far as Bouknight goes, he’s the best player in the league for sure. He played half the games and is an underclassman. Julian Champagnie had better stats overall than any of the one 3 but also suspect underclassmen status hurt him there.
Wasn’t UConn preseason 4th? I think PC was 3rd.

Reaction Score
We shouldn't be throwing stones at all but you should tread lightly too. Huskies with Bouk beta you by double digits even playing your best game. But thanks for your interest in UConn basketball.
If we both make it to the finals, we will both be very happy IMO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom