3-way Tie for BE POTY, and no Bouk? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

3-way Tie for BE POTY, and no Bouk?

Reaction Score
So you tell me which wins are the ones that guarantee UConn’s place in the NCAA’s right now with UConn having lost to all the better big East teams?

Reaction Score
UConn only played 2 games healthy against the conferences best teams
And one of them was coming off a 2.5 week covid pause with no practice, and the other was Bouknight's 2nd game back in over a month. We're better than both of those teams

Reaction Score
I’m not sure how UConn has a resume’ for the tournament right now either. UConn has one decent win over USC and hasn’t beaten anybody else. I think both sju and UConn have to make a reasonable run in the BET. This season has been crazy and has not afforded most teams a lot of high quality Ooc games.
The neutral court USC win is better than any of your wins. You've got 2 Q1 wins... in 8 tries. We're 3-3 in Q1. That matters. We're 7-3 road/neutral, you're 5-7. Scoring margin also matters (although not as much as for seeding).

Signature wins are great and all, but it's the full resume. WAB has us with the 25th best resume and you 53rd.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure how UConn has a resume’ for the tournament right now either. UConn has one decent win over USC and hasn’t beaten anybody else. I think both sju and UConn have to make a reasonable run in the BET. This season has been crazy and has not afforded most teams a lot of high quality Ooc games.
6 Q1/Q2 wins this year and the best player in the country missed half of the conference season. If Bouknight and Jackson were healthy all year, we would literally only have 2 losses. You're almost too stupid to insult

Reaction Score
6 Q1/Q2 wins this year and the best player in the country missed half of the conference season. If Bouknight and Jackson were healthy all year, we would literally only have 2 losses. You're almost too stupid to insult
Tons of “would haves” and excuses as to why UConn isn’t undefeated. I get it now.. I’ll play too. If SJU didn’t lose Figueroa right before the season to transfer we’d be undefeated too! ?

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Virtually everyone disagrees with this take. Take a look around.

Reaction Score
Virtually everyone disagrees with this take. Take a look around.
Well take a look for yourself. UConn has no quality Big East wins against the better teams. Zero. I guess that USC win is carrying you guys right now.

Reaction Score
St. John’s. And was merely defending what one poster said about SJU not having done anything with counterpoint.
the difference is that you've had Champagnie in every conference game, whether you took out nova/uconn without our best player or dropping to depaul and butler

Reaction Score
Holy Cow.

Last year Hurley and the UConn coaches had to plan against 11 AAC teams. This year an entirely new Big East slate. It's not like they could review their games and say, "well this is what happened last year and this is how we defended so and so last year." It's not even close.

Reaction Score
The participation trophy comments are stupid. Three guys equally finished for first. If three people finished with the same exact time in the Olympics, there would be 3 gold medals.

But I do think the Big East should switch to ranked choice voting. Assuming no collusion, it would be extremely unlikely to have a three-way tie for first.
They should have had the other two voters re-vote.

Reaction Score
Well take a look for yourself. UConn has no quality Big East wins against the better teams. Zero. I guess that USC win is carrying you guys right now.
The problem is, there are really only 3 “better teams” in the Big East and we’re one of them. We cannot play ourselves, so that right there means St. John’s has more opportunity to beat the top of the league. We had 3 total games against Nova and Creighton. The first loss to Creighton was a game we would have won 99 out of 100 times (2 missed FT’s with 6 seconds left and 1 make would have sealed it). Never got a shot at Nova at home due to COVID. I hope we see St. John’s in the BET finals because we will be stomping you on OUR home court (I’m calling it OUR court because UConn has more significant wins on that court than St. John’s has in the history of their program)

Reaction Score

Merely guessing that the USC win is the only game that's carrying us means you don't know how about how some of the calculated rankings are derived. You're going throwing away practically all the calculated ratings from various sites and replacing them with your own biased "smell" test.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. But when you are discussing this with people with actual numbers is like bringing a knife to a gun fight and the discussion ends up going nowhere.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The POTY is now a participation award?
The more the merrier?
How woke of the NBE
I surely miss the OBE in many ways

I understand Bouk not playing enough as a factor but the powers to be could not chose ONE player?
If I'm Champagnie from ST Johns, based on stats, I would be peeved
The only one who did receive it and deserved it to some degree is Robinson-Earl. Mamu and Gillespie - NOT
Have to wonder if Gillespie had not been injured, would he be considered or is it a pity award?

These awards, as the season and the whole of 2020 are just too screwed up to make any sense out of them

To hell with the awards - just win on the court

Reaction Score
So you tell me which wins are the ones that guarantee UConn’s place in the NCAA’s right now with UConn having lost to all the better big East teams?
They are the only team in the Big East that beat the teams they were supposed to no one else did! By your clown theory you would think 2 big East teams in the tourney that would never happen sorry!

Reaction Score
Yes and lost them all. And only played each one 1 time. UConn doesn’t have any Big East wins against any of the better big East teams. I can’t see how you throw stones at SJU with nothing on the resume’, and I’m not knocking UConn as I think they’re a good team.
Are you for real?? We came in 3rd in the conf. Are we supposed to play ourselves? We also didn't lose to any of the bottom teams in the league. Not sure what world you live in, but history has shown that bad losses can be as important as good wins. Don't think there is anyone in the country arguing that St John's has a better resume than UConn right now, except you. And it wasn't even a good attempt.

Now go away.

Reaction Score
Um, no. You're half right. I don't expect you to get that one right either.

Reaction Score
St. John’s. And was merely defending what one poster said about SJU not having done anything with counterpoint.
St. John’s. And was merely defending what one poster said about SJU not having done anything with counterpoint.’m
Don’t lose to DePaul at home than maybe you would be in! Haha

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
To me, I don’t care as much about how “bad” it was going 3-6 vs Nova, Creighton, SJ, SH, PC, X as I do care about how impressive going 8-0 vs Georgetown, Butler, DePaul, Marquette is. No other team swept the bottom 4 in the league!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom