3-way Tie for BE POTY, and no Bouk? | The Boneyard

3-way Tie for BE POTY, and no Bouk?

Reaction Score
88FCE1B7-7F1C-4E7C-8430-88E7D71295BD.png

Someone made a mistake here. Not pictured: “this tweet has been deleted” at the bottom.

Reaction Score
If we're getting into an era of co-POTY, I wouldn't want it.

Let me earn something I don't need to share to please the masses. Ridiculous, doesn't even matter who wins.

Reaction Score
Doesn't team success factor into POY or it's completely a numbers thing?

Reaction Score
Everyone knows Bouknight is by far the best player in the conference but he missed 8 conference games. The joke is having three winners, Champagnie was probably more deserving than all three as well. I'm a big Mike Anderson fan but Hurley should've gotten it, no coach had to deal with as much as Hurley dealt with.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Bouk didnt play enough to earn the award. Hopefully Dan Hurley uses this to motivate him.
Better yet, they tweeted that he won it and then deleted it and gave it to someone else. If that's not motivation, idk what is.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Everyone knows Bouknight is by far the best player in the conference but he missed 8 conference games. The joke is having three winners, Champagnie was probably more deserving than all three as well. I'm a big Mike Anderson fan but Hurley should've gotten it, no coach had to deal with as much as Hurley dealt with.

I have no problm with Anderson getting COTY. I wouldve had no problem with Hurley getting either. You can make a strong case for both. Splitting hairs.

the 3 POTY is a joke. (and it didnt have to go to Bouk missing all those games, either. just make a decision. coplayers 3 way? LOL.)

Reaction Score
Bouknight not winning POTY I understand, he didn't play enough games - but I don't get the Coach award... We finished third without bouk for 8 games, Johnnies who I respect greatly had their best player for all but 2 games finished behind us in 4th

Reaction Score
Bouknight not winning POTY I understand, he didn't play enough games - but I don't get the Coach award... We finished third without bouk for 8 games, Johnnies who I respect greatly had their best player for all but 2 games finished behind us in 4th
But SJ was selected 9 pre season. They outplayed their selection more than we did

Reaction Score
Johnnie's had their best player of all 19 conference games.

Reaction Score
Johnnie's had their best player of all 19 conference games.
Oh yeah, what I meant was also non conference which he missed 2 games but I forgot that actually isn't considered too much in conference awards. Thanks

Reaction Score
But SJ was selected 9 pre season. They outplayed their selection more than we did
Those preseason selections were made based on teams being healthy. If they knew UConn wouldn't have Bouknight for half their games, Jackson would miss so much time, and Akok wouldn't be playing UConn would be nowhere near there.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Mamu, Gillespie and Robinson-Earl, but not Bouk.

Anderson COTY

I think we'll be going into the tourney with some attitude.

I need an angry emoji. ???. Best player in the league. I hope James uses this to fuel his performance. I hope RJ feels the same about not even getting honorable mention. Bulletin board material.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom