3,808 | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Reaction Score
Yeah against their biggest non-orange wearing rival.

FWIW I have so many coworkers here in DC, both male and female, who, upon learning I went UConn, say "I just love watching that women's team."

I feel like people in CT don't realize how big of a deal they are outside the state borders.

At least I didn't until I moved here.

Reaction Score
FWIW I have so many coworkers here in DC, both male and female, who, upon learning I went UConn, say "I just love watching that women's team."

I feel like people in CT don't realize how big of a deal they are outside the state borders.

At least I didn't until I moved here.

It's just a conversation starter.

Reaction Score
Apparently not given how many people have been complaining in here about going to Storrs for a game...

Think you're both missing the point here. Traveling to an on campus game isn't that hard, certainly not compared to the cost and overall headache of going to Boston/NYC for a game. Quit complaining.

It absolutely is a challenge for a large number of people.

I love Gampel, I wish every big game was there. Even if it means I can't go when I could make it to the Hartford game, big games at Gampel are a special atmosphere.

But it's difficult for a lot of people to get to. Games in Hartford are in no way difficult for students to get to. If you care, you can easily go. If you don't care, that's fine, you aren't forced to, but there's no diehard student fans who would love to go to Hartford games who simply can't. There are people who would love to go to weeknight Gampel games who just can't make it.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
But if we don't tell the students or the alums in Fairfield County how to behave, what would we do?

Reaction Score
No its not actually. Believe it or not my UConn Basketball season tickets and Red Sox season tickets have the same average ticket cost of around $32 per game.

Did you read the rest of the post before reflexively disagreeing? No? What a shock.

Also can't imagine how awful your Fenway seats are for that price.

Reaction Score
It absolutely is a challenge for a large number of people.

I love Gampel, I wish every big game was there. Even if it means I can't go when I could make it to the Hartford game, big games at Gampel are a special atmosphere.

But it's difficult for a lot of people to get to. Games in Hartford are in no way difficult for students to get to. If you care, you can easily go. If you don't care, that's fine, you aren't forced to, but there's no diehard student fans who would love to go to Hartford games who simply can't. There are people who would love to go to weeknight Gampel games who just can't make it.

The state of CT is not big enough to make the "but it's too hard to get to Gampel!" argument. That's just something the 50+ crowd says (which I know is probably 90% of the board at this point) when they want to act lazy and entitled.

Reaction Score
The state of CT is not big enough to make the "but it's too hard to get to Gampel!" argument. That's just something the 50+ crowd says (which I know is probably 90% of the board at this point) when they want to act lazy and entitled.

Do you have season tickets? Where did you commute from? Are you oblivious to the traffic on the I-95 corridor from the ct/ny border all the way to more or less Branford with a few stretches that it opens up only to hit more traffic (usually opens up after route 8 in Bridgeport and then once you hit exit 42 in west haven traffic again till past 91 interchange to Branford exit 54). And the Merritt is no better and this traffic starts around 230-330 while most work till 4-5 o'clock. So a 30-45 minute commute turns into 1-1.5 hour commute then the hour+ drive to campus.

Hate to ruin the bubble you live in but the majority of the country outside of major metro areas don't have that issue because they don't have the population density of southern Connecticut and the antiquated highway system that has no room to expand. metro north is no faster.

You are most like in your 20s and don't live in southern CT or haven't been in the traffic or work those hours so you have no clue but continue on talking about Kentucky and rural areas without these issues

Reaction Score
It's just a conversation starter.

It may be.

But the WBB team is so important to the UConn brand and it is a major reason that Nike keeps giving us a decent amount of money.

Think about the percentage of customers Nike has that are women.

Reaction Score
Do you have season tickets? Where did you commute from? Are you oblivious to the traffic on the I-95 corridor from the ct/ny border all the way to more or less Branford with a few stretches that it opens up only to hit more traffic (usually opens up after route 8 in Bridgeport and then once you hit exit 42 in west haven traffic again till past 91 interchange to Branford exit 54). And the Merritt is no better and this traffic starts around 230-330 while most work till 4-5 o'clock. So a 30-45 minute commute turns into 1-1.5 hour commute then the hour+ drive to campus.

Hate to ruin the bubble you live in but the majority of the country outside of major metro areas don't have that issue because they don't have the population density of southern Connecticut and the antiquated highway system that has no room to expand. metro north is no faster.

You are most like in your 20s and don't live in southern CT or haven't been in the traffic or work those hours so you have no clue but continue on talking about Kentucky and rural areas without these issues

Going to cut through all the bs you wrote here and get straight to the point. At the end of the day, you're complaining about a 60-90 minute drive. I personally live a little over an hour away from campus and an easy 20-25 minutes from Hartford and easily prefer going to Gampel games. My personal situation doesn't matter here though, nor does population density. At the end of the day you're just being lazy and entitled by complaining about a fairly small drive time distance (even though you generally get a far better atmosphere in exchange).

Enough crying already, grandpa.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That's just something the 50+ crowd says (which I know is probably 90% of the board at this point) when they want to act lazy and entitled.

The 50+ crowd is the only demographic that is buying the tickets and going games these days, Skeezix.

Reaction Score
Going to cut through all the bs you wrote here and get straight to the point. At the end of the day, you're complaining about a 60-90 minute drive. I personally live a little over an hour away from campus and an easy 20-25 minutes from Hartford and easily prefer going to Gampel games. My personal situation doesn't matter here though, nor does population density. At the end of the day you're just being lazy and entitled by complaining about a fairly small drive time distance (even though you generally get a far better atmosphere in exchange).

Enough crying already, grandpa.

I'm in my 30s and haven't missed a game at gampel in 5 years. You clearly don't live in the on the 95 ccorridor and don't do that commute. Keep talking about things you haven't experienced

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
Everything about playing away from campus screams "Non-Power 5"

It all started with the stupid football stadium.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Everything about playing away from campus screams "Non-Power 5"

It all started with the stupid football stadium.
Because UConn basketball hadn’t been playing in Hartford and New Haven for like 25 years before they built Rentschler Field. You may have just made the dumbest post ever.

Reaction Score
The 50+ crowd is the only demographic that is buying the tickets and going games these days, Skeezix.

...Do you feel better now after giving yourself that pat on the back? Pretty strong showing from you 50+'ers the other night!

I'm in my 30s and haven't missed a game at gampel in 5 years. You clearly don't live in the on the 95 ccorridor and don't do that commute. Keep talking about things you haven't experienced

I've lived in CT my entire life bud, you're just coming off as a crybaby. Enjoy those continued hour drives to Gampel though, you warrior you.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Just got outta the Celtics game. Why can’t we just have the TD Garden in Hartford?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
1HH3EMQ.jpg

Reaction Score
I'm here and student section is pathetic. Maybe 100 students and that might be generous

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom