21-22 Conference Schedule is Out | Page 3 | The Boneyard

21-22 Conference Schedule is Out

Reaction Score
one of the things i was most excited about with the return to the big east was being able to travel to some away games -- obv didn't happen last year, but this year we have @pc, @nova, and @sju all on weekends. should be able to make the trip from new haven to one or two of those :)
Add @SHU on a Saturday (1/8). Prudential is a good arena with a few decent meeting spots surrounding the area. You can take an Amtrak (or NJ Transit or PATH) to Penn Station Newark within a couple block walk. I'm not defending Newark as a place you'd want to move to, but that area is fine for games.

Reaction Score
I heard PC will be at Gampel and Georgetown, st johns and I think Creighton will be at XL. Nova is not determined yet.

Reaction Score
Sure beats playing at 9 PM on New Year's Eve like we used to in the AAC.

that’s like asking what would you rather have — a punch to the face or an elbow to the groin ?

it’s also a horrible time for a sports event. look at the college football playoff ratings when they are on new year’s eve - they plummet.

for college hoops to try and compete with the college football bowls on new year’s day is foolish.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
that’s like asking what would you rather have — a punch to the face or an elbow to the groin ?

it’s also a horrible time for a sports event. look at the college football playoff ratings when they are on new year’s eve - they plummet.

for college hoops to try and compete with the college football bowls on new year’s day is foolish.

Sure New Year's Day it goes up against some bowls, but I'd argue it's still a lot better than the night before at 9:00 when everybody is at a party.

Reaction Score
Sure New Year's Day it goes up against some bowls, but I'd argue it's still a lot better than the night before at 9:00 when everybody is at a party.

I agree with that - not sure where i argued otherwise.

Reaction Score
February is a huge month. 8 games, 5 at home, and we only have to travel to NYC, DC, Philly. Great month to climb the BE standings.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
@Nova on 2/5
Half Baked Whos Comin With Me GIF

Reaction Score
Ticket office fella said venues will be announced late this week/early next.
Huge, cannot wait for Providence big east opener... Have to imagine we do that on campus.

Reaction Score
So in the 6 months following last season, Gampel, XL and Big East are unable to figure out which building will be open for which home game. Does our 4X NC team schedule revolve around the Hartford Wolfpack? If they don’t have their schedule yet, we should be dictating the remaining open dates to them.
Quite frankly, this is embarrassingly inept management. Sorry Dave but you got to get your suits to take charge and problem solve.

Reaction Score
Weird that network and times didn't come out. Many TV slots for most leagues are not out. Sounds like the Big East will have times and network slots out this week.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
So in the 6 months following last season, Gampel, XL and Big East are unable to figure out which building will be open for which home game. Does our 4X NC team schedule revolve around the Hartford Wolfpack? If they don’t have their schedule yet, we should be dictating the remaining open dates to them.
Quite frankly, this is embarrassingly inept management. Sorry Dave but you got to get your suits to take charge and problem solve.

LOL - this literally happens every year in the BE, and always has. Providence, Georgetown, St John's, Villanova, Seton Hall, and us have all had the same issues forever. It's not even October yet.

Casual fan.

Reaction Score
LOL - this literally happens every year in the BE, and always has. Providence, Georgetown, St John's, Villanova, Seton Hall, and us have all had the same issues forever. It's not even October yet.

Casual fan.
You just made a fool of yourself. For example, Providence College plays all its home games in the same building - the Dunkin Donuts Center.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
You just made a fool of yourself. For example, Providence College plays all its home games in the same building - the Dunkin Donuts Center.

No, you just did. The point isn't having 2 arenas (although that makes it worse). The point is co-tenants. Every one of the schools i listed has to schedule around multiple other teams and leagues. The fact we do it with an AHL team isn't really relevant (so does PC). It's the same process for Georgetown (NBA and NHL), Seton Hall (NHL), St John's (NBA and NHL), Villanova (NBA and NHL).

Why would we bully the Wolfpack on our own, when the conference is already handling this for bigger fish in multiple places? There are better uses of time.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Mind you, we also have to manage not only co-tenanting with the WolfPack, but with our own hockey and WBB teams, and on differing surfaces. The other BE schools don't have nearly this complication.

But, all of this adds up to one thing - as usual, @Chief00 is a clown.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

Maybe they should have filled in the tip times with 11:11? Oh, oops...

Reaction Score
Looks like we have a candidate for foot-in-mouth post of the year!

Reaction Score
Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom