21-22 Conference Schedule is Out | Page 2 | The Boneyard

21-22 Conference Schedule is Out

Reaction Score
St. John's MSG game is Super Bowl Sunday. I dislike having a New Years Day game as well.

Love my Huskies, but these are two great football days.
Super Bowl I feel like we always will play on it the years FOX doesn't have the big game (who knows, maybe those years as well) as they have to still have programming. But its not like the UConn game will interfere with the big game (unless you wanted to travel to MSG).

New Years Day makes sense this year programming wise as College Football Playoffs are the night before (were NYD this past year) and FOX has no bowl games on NYD so have to have some sort of competing programming with ESPN/ABC...

Reaction Score
one of the things i was most excited about with the return to the big east was being able to travel to some away games -- obv didn't happen last year, but this year we have @pc, @nova, and @sju all on weekends. should be able to make the trip from new haven to one or two of those :)
Amtrak: New Haven to DC!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Just booked rooms in Providence for the away game.

That's the game I looked for first. 20 minutes from my house. I always went to the games at the Dunk in the past. I hope they don't do what they used to and make our tickets only available in a package...but they probably will.

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
Super Bowl I feel like we always will play on it the years FOX doesn't have the big game (who knows, maybe those years as well) as they have to still have programming. But its not like the UConn game will interfere with the big game (unless you wanted to travel to MSG).

New Years Day makes sense this year programming wise as College Football Playoffs are the night before (were NYD this past year) and FOX has no bowl games on NYD so have to have some sort of competing programming with ESPN/ABC...
Yeah New Years Day is not quite what it once was when bowl games meant something. But I still enjoy watching 12 hours of wall-to-wall college football.

Any other weekend the St. John's MSG game would be the focal point of the weekend & big event. Probably not a big deal as I will not be hosting a Super Bowl party (& hopefully not attending one either).

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
That's the game I looked for first. 20 minutes from my house. I always went to the games at the Dunk in the past. I hope they don't do what they used to and make our tickets only available in a package...but they probably will.
I have season XL tix but will be going to this game with my wife and a couple we are friends with, who all went to school in Providence. I'll be buying however I can.

Reaction Score
Glad we play @ MSG for St. John's. Hopefully the Villanova home game will be at Gampel and that's a perfect schedule
im predicting XL. those extra 6,000 (they will fill for that game for sure) are a lot of money, and they need to get some life in this city!

Reaction Score
Just glancing at the schedule quickly, It seems like we have more road games on Saturday/Sunday than home games. Thats good if you want to make the road trip, but I would prefer more weekend home games. I was looking to make the road trip to STJ for the first UConn MSG experience since our game in the Jimmy V with Indiana. Its good that it falls on a Sunday, but Super Bowl Sunday is not ideal. Im hoping this is a noon tip off.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Just glancing at the schedule quickly, It seems like we have more road games on Saturday/Sunday than home games. Thats good if you want to make the road trip, but I would prefer more weekend home games. I was looking to make the road trip to STJ for the first UConn MSG experience since our game in the Jimmy V with Indiana. Its good that it falls on a Sunday, but Super Bowl Sunday is not ideal. Im hoping this is a noon tip off.
Isn’t the thought you want home games during the week when the student body is largely around?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Every game should be at Gampel, so having the biggest game of the year between hopefully top 25 teams there is a start
Don't you want spectators at the game? For one, a half-empty student section is less noticeable at the XL.

Do you buy season tickets at Gampel?

Reaction Score
Don't you want spectators at the game? For one, a half-empty student section is less noticeable at the XL.

Do you buy season tickets at Gampel?
We're in the Big East, there won't be half empty student sections anymore. I don't buy season tickets because I don't live in Connecticut, but when I was at UConn I bought season tickets to Gampel every year and refused to ever buy them for XL

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom