21-22 Conference Schedule is Out | Page 6 | The Boneyard

21-22 Conference Schedule is Out

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
LOL at using a USF game as an example to support your opinion
Late February game, fighting for a spot in the dance, Big Red Day. How much should the opponent matter, really? Crickets

Reaction Score
Late February game, fighting for a spot in the dance, Big Red Day. How much should the opponent matter, really? Crickets
Well if you're going to compare it to the biggest game of the season you should at least use a game against an opponent anyone cares about. I've been to plenty of games that were loud at both places but the loudest I've been to was Florida at Gampel in 2014. But trying to use any 1 game as a be all end all answer is stupid and you know that

Reaction Score
I'm really happy with the XL slate with it being my first year as a season ticket holder for Hartford.

I live in Norwalk, so it'll be hard to get to every game but below are my definites:

11/20 v Binghamton
12/18 v Providence
1/1 v v Butler
2/1 v Creighton
2/8 v Marquette

I'd like to check out the 2/19 Gampel game v Xavier (long weekend for my school) and the MSG St. John's game would be awesome.

Unfortunately, I can't make the XL Nova game. Shoot me a PM if you'd be interested in purchasing.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well if you're going to compare it to the biggest game of the season you should at least use a game against an opponent anyone cares about. I've been to plenty of games that were loud at both places but the loudest I've been to was Florida at Gampel in 2014. But trying to use any 1 game as a be all end all answer is stupid and you know that
Man, I would’ve loved to of been at that Florida game. It was crazy on TV I can’t imagine how it was like a Gampel.

SteelCT

Student of the Game
Reaction Score
How many games have you been to at Gampel?
I had season tix all four years as a student to both gampel and xl…stormed the court when we beat texas when they were #1 and when bazz hit the tip out to beat florida…not saying xl is always louder, but on that particular night, it was

Reaction Score
Glad we play @ MSG for St. John's. Hopefully the Villanova home game will be at Gampel and that's a perfect schedule
Not fair to the Johnies that we play at MSG and either at Hartford or Gampel. That means both St John's games will be on our home court.

Reaction Score
How many women's basketball or hockey games are St John's and Villanova playing at their respective pro arenas? I'll hang up and listen...
Well, the NY Liberty play a pro schedule at MSG. You are dying trying to argue business with Chief, pep band is your place. Do you have any clue, in normal times how booked up MSG is compared to XL? It’s ridiculous Chief is even wasting his time, trying to coach you up on this. What World are you living in?

Reaction Score
Man, I would’ve loved to of been at that Florida game. It was crazy on TV I can’t imagine how it was like a Gampel.
FL may have been the best Gampel game that Chief attended.

Reaction Score
Didn’t we pay for 9 home games at XL?
I had forgotton but Ozone is correct if you rolled your '20-'21 XL tix to '21-'22. We did pay for 9 in '20-'21. Not aware of what new purchasers paid for '21-'22.

Reaction Score
Texas at Gampel was the loudest game atmosphere I have ever witnessed in person. But I do agree, big games at the XL center do bring a special atmosphere even though the arena is a dump. But it's our dump.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I was at that Florida game. It may have been a top 10 noise game I went to. That was almost a decade ago when fans still actually attended Gampel games.

Reaction Score
I had forgotton but Ozone is correct if you rolled your '20-'21 XL tix to '21-'22. We did pay for 9 in '20-'21. Not aware of what new purchasers paid for '21-'22.
A couple of factors long term. Danny does like competition in his preseason games, so the close door scrimmages against a D1 type team replaces the exhibition games we had for years.

That one off tournament in NJ is justified for recruiting purposes perhaps but we do play SH as part of our conference schedule in NJ. But, then the recruit would be going to SH atmosphere.

Reaction Score
I think what it comes down to is Gampel definitely has a higher floor for crowd engagement but if both places are rocking XL is better since you have 6,000 more. And selfishly, I prefer XL games since its 10 minutes from my house. Still love Gampel however - its my happy place as dumb as that sounds.

Reaction Score
I printed out the schedule and noticed the "Whip around coverage"* for the CCSU game. No, no, no. That's for casual fans. If I'm watching the UConn game, I want to watch the UConn game and not one of the other 6 Big East games. I have to switch to the FOX Sports app? WTH is this?

* Whip around coverage of 7 Big East games. UConn game begins on FS1. After approximately 20 minutes, will switch to another Big East game. Whip around continues based on game competitiveness. Complete game coverage on FOX Sports app.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Well, the NY Liberty play a pro schedule at MSG. You are dying trying to argue business with Chief, pep band is your place. Do you have any clue, in normal times how booked up MSG is compared to XL? It’s ridiculous Chief is even wasting his time, trying to coach you up on this. What World are you living in?

LOL the liberty haven't played a home schedule at MSG in years. Even when they did, they WNBA plays in the offseason for just about everything. Even when there is a conflict, they move out of the way (see the Mercury this year)

You really are a factless clown.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
How much more does it cost to play at XL versus Gampel? Given the tight budget and an apparent requirement that a certain number of games get played at XL, it makes sense to play the ones that sell the most tickets there.

MJ1

Reaction Score
Correct, NY Liberty’s home games are at Barclays not MSG and there regular season and playoffs are completed before college basketball starts.

Reaction Score
LOL the liberty haven't played a home schedule at MSG in years. Even when they did, they WNBA plays in the offseason for just about everything. Even when there is a conflict, they move out of the way (see the Mercury this year)

You really are a factless clown.
You are right the Liberty moved to Barclays last season and played at various locations the prior 2 seasons. However, that has nothing to do with my point - MSG has a much more congested schedule of big acts and games than XL. XL should be much easier to schedule.

Reaction Score
Yes these dates complicate scheduling

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom