2024 WNBA Season: Playoffs | Page 19 | The Boneyard

2024 WNBA Season: Playoffs

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Smith got hurt late in the first half. Returned briefly in the second half but clearly wasn't very mobile or feeling very good. Lynx went with a heavy dose of Hines-Allen, and the Lib sagged off her on D constantly. Why not give Juhasz some minutes, she can stretch the defense like Smith.

Will the Lib please start calling out screens so Fiebich doesn't get knocked into next week? Well, she already has been knocked into next week, but maybe they can prevent it from happening for what, the 4th or 5th time?

packwrap

The real 'shlynn Shadey
Reaction Score
I read on the BY that Ionescu is weak defensively. Is she really weak on defense? Never paid much attention to her defense. Why does she start if she is weak defensively?
Oooof, (cheering for Minn) well we got that answer in the last 5 seconds tonight.

Many pick on Plum, Clark, Ionescu etc for lack of defense, but they bring a lot on offense and points are needed to win.

Fans and media like offense too. Both Ionescu and Clark made the all WNBA teams.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Speaking of offense. I find it hard to believe that Juhasz cannot contribute more on offense than Hines-Allen.
I’ve been thinking the same thing, although not specifically offense. With Smith hurting tonight, Dorka could have given them 10 or so good minutes. She’s taller and longer than Hines Allen, so a different look against Jonquel.

Reaction Score
What a game! I think I'm still coming down from the excitement. I have to say this has been the best Finals I've seen.
That 3 point bomb by Sabrina was COLD! And Stewie, well there was no way she was going to lose that game.
Impressive showing by the Liberty.

And, why isn't Dorka playing for the Lynx??? Smith was not the same when she came back.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Just a few thoughts on last night’s game. So far the W has delivered a really competitive championship finals series between two really talented and tough teams, both of which play their hearts out to the last whistle.

The packed house last night in MN was electric. Stewie & Pheesa both put up huge games. But in the end, Ionescu’s bomb at the buzzer was a career defining shot from maybe the best shooter in WBB, although I suspect fans of CC might disagree.

I am hoping this series goes the full five games.

Reaction Score
Just a few thoughts on last night’s game. So far the W has delivered a really competitive championship finals series between two really talented and tough teams, both of which play their hearts out to the last whistle.

The packed house last night in MN was electric. Stewie & Pheesa both put up huge games. But in the end, Ionescu’s bomb at the buzzer was a career defining shot from maybe the best shooter in WBB, although I suspect fans of CC might disagree.

I am hoping this series goes the full five games.
What I sometimes look for is the amount of men in the stands, and the amount of men that comment on social media after the game; esp. NBA players. It's been a lot. That's also a good sign for growth. And games like last night certainly don't hurt.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
What I sometimes look for is the amount of men in the stands, and the amount of men that comment on social media after the game; esp. NBA players. It's been a lot. That's also a good sign for growth. And games like last night certainly don't hurt.
While watching the game with me, my wife commented several times, “This is great for women’s sports.” Clearly the W is on the precipice of becoming part of the American sports psyche for both women and men, with young girls leading the way. CC has added a new dimension, the Olympics were fabulous, expansion is coming and Paige Bueckers is one season away from taking the W to yet another level of fan enthusiasm.

Reaction Score
Smith got hurt late in the first half. Returned briefly in the second half but clearly wasn't very mobile or feeling very good. Lynx went with a heavy dose of Hines-Allen, and the Lib sagged off her on D constantly. Why not give Juhasz some minutes, she can stretch the defense like Smith.

Will the Lib please start calling out screens so Fiebich doesn't get knocked into next week? Well, she already has been knocked into next week, but maybe they can prevent it from happening for what, the 4th or 5th time?

I'm surprised that this has happened as much as it has during the playoffs. Rebecca Lobo was very animated about it for good reason, because it's common sense especially from a player safety perspective. And by her count it's a total of 4 times that this has happened so far.

Reaction Score
Oooof, (cheering for Minn) well we got that answer in the last 5 seconds tonight.

Many pick on Plum, Clark, Ionescu etc for lack of defense, but they bring a lot on offense and points are needed to win.

Fans and media like offense too. Both Ionescu and Clark made the all WNBA teams.

Ionescu hasn't been that weak on defence, but she has improved a lot this season too. Her defence against Williams late in Game 2 helped cause that turnover which led to Fiebich's game clinching 3. Wish I had bookmarked a montage of her defensive plays that I saw on Twitter. She deserves more credit for her defence than she's given.

Reaction Score
While watching the game with me, my wife commented several times, “This is great for women’s sports.” Clearly the W is on the precipice of becoming part of the American sports psyche for both women and men, with young girls leading the way. CC has added a new dimension, the Olympics were fabulous, expansion is coming and Paige Bueckers is one season away from taking the W to yet another level of fan enthusiasm.
I'm hoping Stewie and Phee's "Unrivaled" will take off now that TNT and it's affiliates will be showing the games.

Reaction Score
This game will largely be remembered for Sabrina’s shot, but without Stewart, that shot isn’t possible. She carried them on her back offensively to get back within striking distance. And was an absolute menace on the defensive end. She did just enough to put her teammates in a position to make shots to close out the game. An all time performance by Stewart, and an all time shot by Ionescu.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom