2024 WNBA Season: Playoffs | Page 16 | The Boneyard

2024 WNBA Season: Playoffs

Reaction Score
Nor I...Was this precipitated by the Sun, White or a combination thereof?
With the Golden State position now filled, that leaves Atlanta and Chicago as the two open positions, but the big question mark, of course, is will White be drawn to Indiana and visa versa, even though the new president said she was impressed with what Sides had accomplished. (Some might say, that was yesterday!)
Don't forget LA hasn't been filled yet (or don't think is has been).

Reaction Score
Nor I...Was this precipitated by the Sun, White or a combination thereof?
With the Golden State position now filled, that leaves Atlanta and Chicago as the two open positions, but the big question mark, of course, is will White be drawn to Indiana and visa versa, even though the new president said she was impressed with what Sides had accomplished. (Some might say, that was yesterday!)

LA is open too

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Some general notes for 2025: Finals will move to 7 games, and the first round will be 1-1-1 instead of 2-1 format. That is great news, the lower seeded team will get a home game now.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Monumental collapse by New York last 5 minutes of the game. Might still pull it out with FTs w/ virtually no time remaining, pending a review.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Rough game for Stewie. Just missed a FT that would've won it in regulation. Collier really bringing the defense against her.

Reaction Score
Nervous The Big Bang Theory GIF

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Crazy game. 18-3 Minnesota run to close regulation. Built up a 4 point lead in OT, then tried to give the game away w/ back to back turnovers leading to layups. Collier w/ a really tough fade away jumper for the game winner.

I know one poster is gonna blame this on Ionescu...but Stewie absolutely disappeared when her team needed her.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Williams and McBride tore up the Lib. 45 points combined, 15-29 shooting, 6-13 behind the arc. Williams had a massive 4 point play late in regulation.

Collier...yeah she's good. Pretty clearly outplayed Stewie tonight.

There went home court advantage for the Lib.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
What a phenomenal game. Too bad somebody had to lose. Feel bad for Stewie. She didn't shoot well tonight. Gutsy performance by Minn.

WBBTakeover

Thank you, Natalie!
Reaction Score
10/16 from the field with SIX blocks (!!!) is literally insane. Making 13 three-pointers on good shooting AND LOSING AT HOME is literally insane. Taking 26 shots when there are two MVPs in the post is literally insane.

Kudos to Minnesota! They're the ONLY team in the league that treats the Liberty like the Liberty (and others) treat the Aces. They are committed to putting belt to bare bottom EVERY SINGLE TIME they face New York and I'm all for it.

Reaction Score
That was INSANE. Have to pop a melatonin because there’s no way I’ll be able to fall asleep after that
I'm glad I listened to the game while capturing the aurora by a lake. If I had seen it all live, there wouldn't be enough melatonin to put me to sleep!

Attachments

• 20241010_203018.jpg
    20241010_203018.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
WOW! I was thinking early on that the Lynx should rest their starters. Slow on defense, all the misses were short, all signs of fatigue. But I was so wrong.

Reaction Score
That game was going how I expected up until that last second run by the Lynx. The plot I dreamed up in my head before the game: Liberty go up big in the first half, the Lynx crawl back into the game and make it competitive, and then the Liberty go on a tear in the 4th, winning the game convincingly by double digits. Obviously the third act didn't happen because of the one and only Courtney Williams!

Prior to the game my head was saying that NY would win it in 4 but my heart was desiring for the Lynx to win it all. I'm going with my heart from here on out...let's go Lynx!

Reaction Score
Like others have stated, this was a great game!! I am not going to lie and say I saw Minnesota coming back and getting a win. New York was just clicking. I mean up 15-20 points, you kind of know the game is in the game. But thankfully Minnesota players hung in there and did not give up. Courtney Williams. I am so glad that we have her in Minny. That big 4-point play! That was a huge shot. Way to go, Minnesota!!

Reaction Score
Teams don't ever seem to efficiently work the clock in the W. You see a lot of bad 3's where the offensive player clearly thinks, "this will ice the game for sure.' and then take a bad shot. Work the clock and get the best shot you can is a foreign concept. Grats to the Lynx for hanging arouind, but that was an all-time choke job by the Liberty. Stewwie and Ionescu were both brutal from the field. They combined to shoot 14 for 47. That's a combined fg% from 2 first all league players of 29.7%.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom