2024 WNBA Season: Part 2 (August ---) | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2024 WNBA Season: Part 2 (August ---)

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Is Seattle a title contender now? Their 3-point shooting will still be near the bottom of the league but they may have the best defense to make up for it.
Hard to say. Williams is a great player but I’m not sure if she’ll many shots playing with Loyd/SDS/Nneka. This team should be a serious title contender with all of their talent but Quinn isn’t keeping Loyd in check with the volume shooting and I don’t think they’re nearly as good as they could be.

Reaction Score
Hard to say. Williams is a great player but I’m not sure if she’ll many shots playing with Loyd/SDS/Nneka. This team should be a serious title contender with all of their talent but Quinn isn’t keeping Loyd in check with the volume shooting and I don’t think they’re nearly as good as they could be.
I agree. Quinn is always going to put a lower ceiling on whatever team she is coaching. On paper they should be the second best team in the league imo, at least with the way The Aces are playing right now.

Reaction Score
Bad coach and two ball dependent guards, a bad situation for Gabby. The Liberty would have been a good fit.
They need someone to replace Sloot alongside Sabrina, Gabby would have been a good fit.

Reaction Score
Bad coach and two ball dependent guards, a bad situation for Gabby. The Liberty would have been a good fit.
They need someone to replace Sloot alongside Sabrina, Gabby would have been a good fit.
The fact she chose Seattle seems to indicate she trusts Coach Quinn more than most of the posters on this board.

Would Gabby have been a replacement for Sloot though? She seems more like a wing than a guard. Would see her more as a replacement for Laney while she recovers had she gone to NY.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
The fact she chose Seattle seems to indicate she trusts Coach Quinn more than most of the posters on this board.

Would Gabby have been a replacement for Sloot though? She seems more like a wing than a guard. Would see her more as a replacement for Laney while she recovers had she gone to NY.
She’d be a good fit for Laney. Once Laney is back though, I’d expect her to beat out Gabby for the spot considering how well she’s played this year.

To be honest I don’t think there is an optimal landing spot for Gabby this season. Hard to join a title contender two thirds into the season and be a major contributor without putting team chemistry at risk. I feel like Gabby’s been in shadows her entire career too but hopefully will break out into stardom either this year or next. She’s immensely talented but hasn’t found the right fit yet IMO.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Does anyone know why Ionescu was out today? Sloot had her best game in a long time, maybe all season--15 pts/11 assists.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know why Ionescu was out today? Sloot had her best game in a long time, maybe all season--15 pts/11 assists.
Neck soreness.

I am starting to get more into the Liberty in the second half of the season. Something felt off about them before the Olympic break but they are really starting to become fun to watch.

Reaction Score
The fans in Boston were treated to an entertaining game between LA and Connecticut last night. The environment was great.

LA put up a good fight but Connecticut went on a run to close them out. Really impressed with how Rickea Jackson is playing currently.

The guard play for Connecticut was good, but wow adding Mabrey to play along with Carrington, Harris and Burton....man it's another level of fiestiness.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
The fans in Boston were treated to an entertaining game between LA and Connecticut last night. The environment was great.

LA put up a good fight but Connecticut went on a run to close them out. Really impressed with how Rickea Jackson is playing currently.

The guard play for Connecticut was good, but wow adding Mabrey to play along with Carrington, Harris and Burton....man it's another level of fiestiness.
Yes, and then you add in the front court of Thomas, Jones and Bonner -- not one shrinking violet there, either -- and these are the Foxhole Sisters. There was a string of traditional three-pt. foul calls at the end of the game and not one Sun missed the opportunity to make a comment to whatever ref was nearby.

Curt Miller, the former Sun Coach, showed his possible influence on said feistiness by running on the court with two minutes left to protest a call and got tossed. Rowdy night in Boston. :D

Reaction Score
Yes, and then you add in the front court of Thomas, Jones and Bonner -- not one shrinking violet there, either -- and these are the Foxhole Sisters. There was a string of traditional three-pt. foul calls at the end of the game and not one Sun missed the opportunity to make a comment to whatever ref was nearby.

Curt Miller, the former Sun Coach, showed his possible influence on said feistiness by running on the court with two minutes left to protest a call and got tossed. Rowdy night in Boston. :D
Yes it was my friend. Yes it was. :D

Reaction Score
Neck soreness.

I am starting to get more into the Liberty in the second half of the season. Something felt off about them before the Olympic break but they are really starting to become fun to watch.
I really enjoyed that game too. The Liberty have so much quality depth to go along with their All-star starters. The championship trophy is starting to look like it is theirs to lose.

Reaction Score
Can we start an official "how long til Atlanta passes Chicago in the standings" countdown?
Well.... If Atlanta dreamin to pass Sky it starts at home against a mediocre road team. This is going to be a very interesting game as Phoenix did make an effort to improve the roster with the signing of Billings(for 7 days at least I guess). To my way of thinking I'm looking at Mo and Naz as the difference makers in this game. I'm assuming of course that BG has some interest and that the travel to Atlanta doesn't tire her too much.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I really enjoyed that game too. The Liberty have so much quality depth to go along with their All-star starters. The championship trophy is starting to look like it is theirs to lose.
Yea hopefully they can get fully healthy but it has been great to see them not lose a beat as starters go out. No Sloot, no problem. No Stewie, no problem. No Laney, no problem. No Sabrina, no problem. No Leo, No problem. Not sure any other team could lose 3 players (Laney, Sab and Leo for most of the game) that have started multiple games and still win by such a comfortable margin. I do think they need to get healthy by the playoffs to win it all but they've been fun to watch this week.

Reaction Score
Another coach that hasn't done as much with the talent she has had. Only 1 title with DT and Griner, plus had other stars with them.
She has had the ability to screw things up.

Reaction Score
Another coach that hasn't done as much with the talent she has had. Only 1 title with DT and Griner, plus had other stars with them.
She has had the ability to screw things up.
I'm a SB fan. Aces were pretty solid last couple of years.

Sandy is clearly a top 10 all timer and I would rather have her every day of the week and twice on Sunday as opposed to the million dollar coach, the high school coach, or Nikki who really made me blue.

Reaction Score

I follow this gentleman on IG for some skits and came across this. They really pulled out all the stops for yesterday's game. I'm guessing his friend came through on his promise at the end. ;)

Reaction Score
The crowd at the Garden was 19,125 strong! When the W expands, is a Boston franchise viable along with the Sun?
Will the Sun be viable stuck between New York and Boston (deja vu Whalers)?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
The crowd at the Garden was 19,125 strong! When the W expands, is a Boston franchise viable along with the Sun?
I thought the place was hoppin' last night. However, Di'joni Carrington was p'oed at the WNBA for not promoting the game and (merely) having it on league pass only. When this game was scheduled, it could've had Cameron Brink and been a good enough top-liner, so I've got to lean with DC on this one. Bit of a misstep by WNBA who were probably taking their cue from major media players.
Here's the article.

Reaction Score
I thought the place was hoppin' last night. However, Di'joni Carrington was p'oed at the WNBA for not promoting the game and (merely) having it on league pass only. When this game was scheduled, it could've had Cameron Brink and been a good enough top-liner, so I've got to lean with DC on this one. Bit of a misstep by WNBA who were probably taking their cue from major media players.
Here's the article.
Need to find it but there also was a break down of teams with nationally broadcasted games. Was surprised Connecticut has 14 for this season, especially considering they are one of the stronger teams in the league.

Reaction Score
As Commissioner Cathy Engelbert likes to say, there are a couple of 'games of consequence' today.

One impacting Top 8 Mercury vs Dream and the other impacting Top 4 Lynx vs Aces.

Reaction Score
Aces need to either go on a winning streak or drop some more games because they’re currently slated to face off against the Liberty in the semis and that’s a bad scenario for them.

Reaction Score
Need to find it but there also was a break down of teams with nationally broadcasted games. Was surprised Connecticut has 14 for this season, especially considering they are one of the stronger teams in the league.
Connecticut should definitely have more given their caliber, but they don’t have a ton of starpower in the media and their brand of ball isn’t always the most entertaining to watch. Wondering if those qualities played into it.

Reaction Score
Aces need to either go on a winning streak or drop some more games because they’re currently slated to face off against the Liberty in the semis and that’s a bad scenario for them.
Storm in the first round followed by the Liberty in the semis of im not mistaken if playoffs were to start today.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HawleyArmou

Top Bottom