2024 WNBA Season: Part 2 (August ---) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2024 WNBA Season: Part 2 (August ---)

Reaction Score
Praise be. She was more than that in college, and expected to be that given her no. 6 pick (in an admittedly weak draft). I've never really understood why it hasn't clicked for her in the W - heck, even in AU she has shined as in college, where she was a trey draining machine when left open. I'm hoping her charming camaraderie with Clark and Boston provides the confidence boost it's seemed like she's needed. Indiana has a ton of young talent and it feels like they're really clicking into gear now.
Lexie deserves the kudos she is receiving for yesterday's game. All three starting guards are receiving kudos for their 20+ poimnt games.

Meanwhile, Boston quietly had 15 rebounds and 8 assists to those guards - but with "only" 9 points. Of course, she and BG tied up again.

Reaction Score
Easy there. Having Canada, Howard and Gray available has improved guard play. Hillmon continues to provep those who thought she was too small wrong and has done well as a starter. With Parker-Tyus suffering a foot injury, it reduces their front court strength a bit. While I'm glad to see Atlanta grind a couple tough games out, let's see how things play out.
Mystics will decide the race between these two. In spite of Chicago's recent woes which I attribute to the loss of Mabrey the teams have virtually the same difficulty in finishing schedule.

For Chicago to hold on they need Carter to return to her pre Olympic level of performance. I was extremely impressed with how well Tina played and Canada demonstrated why she's an elite PG. She has a great chemistry with Howard who showed just why she's going to be a marquee player over the next 10 years

The "winner" has the opportunity to get swept by the Liberty in the first round. To maximize ratings I'm sure the league is hoping Chicago holds on. Definitely help with the eyeballs if Reese is in the postseason.

Alternatively Husky fans would love to see a reunion in the paint as Stewie and Tina could bring back memories of greatness

Reaction Score
Mystics will decide the race between these two. In spite of Chicago's recent woes which I attribute to the loss of Mabrey the teams have virtually the same difficulty in finishing schedule.

For Chicago to hold on they need Carter to return to her pre Olympic level of performance. I was extremely impressed with how well Tina played and Canada demonstrated why she's an elite PG. She has a great chemistry with Howard who showed just why she's going to be a marquee player over the next 10 years

The "winner" has the opportunity to get swept by the Liberty in the first round. To maximize ratings I'm sure the league is hoping Chicago holds on. Definitely help with the eyeballs if Reese is in the postseason.

Alternatively Husky fans would love to see a reunion in the paint as Stewie and Tina could bring back memories of greatness
Stewie and Tina never played together at UConn. Maybe Storm fans would appreciate that reunion.

Reaction Score
I wish an organization like ESPN would supply a WNBA heat index like they do with NCAAF. That would be a very fun poll to look at right now. For those who don't know what I'm talking about, this ranking values current performance over season performance (i.e. the hottest teams in the league).

What is everyone's top 5 heat index?

For me it would be...
1. NY Liberty
2. Minnesota Lynx
3. Indiana Fever
4. Atlanta Dream
5. Connecticut Sun

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Clearly she's forgotten she was suspended last year
Really interesting Twitter/X thread here from former Notre Dame and WNBA player about how little ability players have to file formal complaints against coaches/front offices. Even the players union recommends them not do that apparently, feels really manipulative for Hammon to bring that up as a defense.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I’m not a lawyer, but everything I’ve ever read or heard is that one of the parties should never comment publically on an in-progress lawsuit. I’d have thought that Hammon would’ve talked to the team counsel as soon as Hamby filed the suit, so maybe I’m totally misinformed.

Reaction Score
I’m not a lawyer, but everything I’ve ever read or heard is that one of the parties should never comment publically on an in-progress lawsuit. I’d have thought that Hammon would’ve talked to the team counsel as soon as Hamby filed the suit, so maybe I’m totally misinformed.
That's what Alan Shore always told Denny Crane on Boston Legal.

Aces coach comment s/b Becky Hammond!

Reaction Score
Clearly she's forgotten she was suspended last year
She answered a question a reporter asked her

What's your take on the Ace fans booing Hamby everytime she had the ball?

Reaction Score
She answered a question a reporter asked her

What's your take on the Ace fans booing Hamby everytime she had the ball?
Not clear how that answered the question exactly? Also heard she interrupted a reporters question.

Reaction Score
Wow. Didi was part of the starting rotation for a bit too while Austin was out. Her minutes were minimal however.

Reaction Score
I was just on the WNBA site and saw that Kiana Williams had been released by the Storm and thought who would be the "+" to offset that "-." Bingo. Seattle, with Gabby W. and Jordon Horston, now has two very athletic wings.
It's a huge "+" to their roster.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

This is an "insurance, let's go for it trade" for Coach Reeve, in that HInes-Allen is in the last year of a three-year deal. She'll get a reasonable chance to contribute to the Lynx's push in the playoffs and then look for a good place to land in 2025. The Lynx now have a fair amount of depth up front for rest of the season/playoffs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HawleyArmou

Top Bottom