2024 WNBA Season: Part 2 (August ---) | Page 21 | The Boneyard

2024 WNBA Season: Part 2 (August ---)

Reaction Score
Clark looked superhuman playing against grown women tonight, dropping 31 points and 12 assists with just 3 TOs. Guess it doesn't make a difference if she's going up against 18 year olds or grown women.

Sheesh.....the clip notes a transition and it will take some time. It has been a transition and it has taken some time for her to adjust. Not to mention the Olympic break was very beneficial. What Taurasi said wasn't inaccurate or a jab.

WBBTakeover

Don't get caught sleeping!
Reaction Score
No mention of Minnesota getting embarrassed (again) by the Wings? :eek: Same team that the Aces lost to (by 3, mind you) and had everyone claiming that the season was over for LV.

And A'ja had 42 against them while Phee had how many?

Reaction Score
Maybe Vegas losing to Dallas wasn't so bad after all? Wings blowing the doors off the Lynx, the formerly hottest team in the league.
This is the 2nd blowout loss to the Wings Minnesota has suffered this season. Minnesota is still the hottest team in the league, with 8 games left.

Reaction Score
With all the criticism Christie Sides has gotten I’d say she has done a hell of a job this back half of the year. They play team basketball, she finally sat Wallace and adjusted her rotations.
100% agree! Coach Sides got hammered at the start of the season. "Can't coach", "Not the right fit", "Over her head", and "Not a great coach for CC". Now? I am not hearing that noise anymore. She has her squad playing at a high level. Well done, Coach Sides!!

Reaction Score
No mention of Minnesota getting embarrassed (again) by the Wings? :eek: Same team that the Aces lost to (by 3, mind you) and had everyone claiming that the season was over for LV.

And A'ja had 42 against them while Phee had how many?
Dallas is just a bad match up for my Lynx. Dallas blew out my Lynx earlier this season. Just goes to show that the W is tough and there really is no easy wins out there. You still gotta play the games and be locked in and focused. Hats off to Dallas on their win.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Liatu King made a similar play last year for Pitt against Notre Dame. She drove against the Irish, slipped to her butt and shot the ball in anyways. That, and the whole performance (32 points, 12 rebounds), caught Coach Niele Ivey's eye because she's now playing for the Irish! Take a look.

Reaction Score
100% agree! Coach Sides got hammered at the start of the season. "Can't coach", "Not the right fit", "Over her head", and "Not a great coach for CC". Now? I am not hearing that noise anymore. She has her squad playing at a high level. Well done, Coach Sides!!

Oohh they’re still saying it but only when they lose

Reaction Score
To bad the old Timex commercials of back in the day, "Takes a licking. Keeps on ticking." are no longer a thing. Would have been a good endorsement opportunity for Clark. BTW, in the upcoming season if your teams star player gets run over I don't really expect the response to be "Ah, that's okay.".

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
To bad the old Timex commercials of back in the day, "Takes a licking. Keeps on ticking." are no longer a thing. Would have been a good endorsement opportunity for Clark. BTW, in the upcoming season if your teams star player gets run over I don't really expect the response to be "Ah, that's okay.".

I didn't see it, but apparently DeShields had THREE hard fouls on Clark in about a minute right before all the starters (other than Reese...) sat down for both teams. Lots of chatter on the internet. Seems like Chicago completely lost their cool as they were getting blown out.

As for Reese, it's not even deniable that Coach Weatherspoon left her in the game to chase a double double. Probably not the first time, but it was very blatant last night.

Reaction Score

Great milestone for Carleton. Love the to see her having a such a great season.

As I Canadian and Carleton fan I thought you might like this. 2019 at an alumni outing here in Twin Cities. The two other gals are Cyclone player alumni from our first team back in the 1970's. Carleton doing the rabbit ears over Michelle's head made me chuckle when I saw the pics later.
bridget Carleton 12019 alumni event.jpg

Reaction Score
I didn't see it, but apparently DeShields had THREE hard fouls on Clark in about a minute right before all the starters (other than Reese...) sat down for both teams. Lots of chatter on the internet. Seems like Chicago completely lost their cool as they were getting blown out.

As for Reese, it's not even deniable that Coach Weatherspoon left her in the game to chase a double double. Probably not the first time, but it was very blatant last night.

Not exactly new. Chennedy Carter mugging Clark earlier in the season sort of kicked things off with Reese applauding the foul from the bench like she was paying a bounty for teammates to try and hurt Clark.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Not exactly new. Chennedy Carter mugging Clark earlier in the season sort of kicked things off with Reese applauding the foul from the bench like she was paying a bounty for teammates to try and hurt Clark.
I read somewhere that Carter went after Mabrey in a recent Sky-Sun matchup. Chicago is making it REALLY easy to not root for them.

I am happy that the rest of the league seems to have put the "let's try to injure Clark" thing aside a while ago.

WBBTakeover

Don't get caught sleeping!
Reaction Score
This is the 2nd blowout loss to the Wings Minnesota has suffered this season. Minnesota is still the hottest team in the league, with 8 games left.
They certainly are one of the hottest teams, but NY and even Indiana have also been hot as of late.

My post was more of the "maybe the Wings aren't that bad right now" variety. They barely lost to the Liberty last week and could beat them at least once in September (in Arlington).

Reaction Score

In real time, I thought the first foul was a nothing burger (the on-air analyst called it “nothing”) and the second one a real foul, but no big deal. The third one was hard contact after a turnover leading to a transition break, but not malicious, IMO. DeShields obviously felt bad and went to help Clark up. Her reaction was nothing like Kennedy’s reaction after Kennedy had delivered her cheap shot on Clark earlier in the year.

Without the Sky-Clark history, I wondered whether the 3rd foul would have been reviewed for a flagrant foul. Still, it was not the worst flagrant foul call given it was hard contact from behind.

Reaction Score
In real time, I thought the first foul was a nothing burger (the on-air analyst called it “nothing”) and the second one a real foul, but no big deal. The third one was hard contact after a turnover leading to a transition break, but not malicious, IMO. DeShields obviously felt bad and went to help Clark up. Her reaction was nothing like Kennedy’s reaction after Kennedy had delivered her cheap shot on Clark earlier in the year.

Without the Sky-Clark history, I wondered whether the 3rd foul would have been reviewed for a flagrant foul. Still, it was not the worst flagrant foul call given it was hard contact from behind.
I saw those calls from a similar perspective. People are reading way too much into this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CajunHusk94

Top Bottom