2024-2025 Schedule to be Released Today | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2024-2025 Schedule to be Released Today

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Man, if you ranked these games, the top 5 are at Gampel. My ticket agent keeps calling me (probably to ask for more money) and I never pick up. I will next time.

GOD what will happen to the BUSINESSES DOWNTOWN! The CHILDREN! Don’t they underSTAND that the concourse that’s so tight it’s unsafe adds CHARACTER

Reaction Score
Hurley wanting these harder games at Gampel is the only way this makes sense.
The last 2 years we had 2 Sunday games, at least 1 while students were on break, all at XL. This year we have 1 Sunday home game, the students are on break... and it's at Gampel.

Edit - Had previously checked the Wolfpack schedule and no conflict, but didn't realize Disney on Ice was there that day. Makes sense. That's not movable.

Reaction Score
Benedict knows the marquee games; perhaps he has PTSD from almost losing Danny.
otherwise he would explain to him that at $500/pair of tickets you have to give people a little taste.
Xavier? Who knows? Their top four are coming off serious injuries and five heathy ones transferred out.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
As an XL season ticket holder I'm incredibly annoyed. We get the absolute shaft after we pay for these tickets? Couldn't swap one of StJ, Providence, Marquette or Creighton instead of DePaul? What a horrible job. Just throw me a little bit of a bone here, Dave. Not asking for much.

Reaction Score
Wow, top 5 games all at Gampel, every major weekend game at Gampel. Good for the students/overall atmosphere but that's just brutal for XL season ticket holders. Never going to be perfect but you have to throw them at least one big game IMO.
Crazy for XL season ticket holders - they have to make higher seat donations for same level seats but get vastly inferior schedule.

What are UConn decision makers thinking? They surely did not factor in the mindset of their best customers. What successful business operates like that?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Wow, top 5 games all at Gampel, every major weekend game at Gampel. Good for the students/overall atmosphere but that's just brutal for XL season ticket holders. Never going to be perfect but you have to throw them at least one big game IMO.

That's what everyone clamored for. Weekday games in Hartford to "ease the pain" of traveling all the way to Storrs midweek. And play games at XL over the winter break.
Weekend games at Gampel.

Reaction Score
As an XL season ticket holder I'm incredibly annoyed. We get the absolute shaft after we pay for these tickets? Couldn't swap one of StJ, Providence, Marquette or Creighton instead of DePaul? What a horrible job. Just throw me a little bit of a bone here, Dave. Not asking for much.
Ditto on all this. What a disgrace. I love Gampel and am on the side of us completely separating from the XL; but this split is just ridiculous

Reaction Score
It's funny how people think having Villanova and Georgetown at XL as part of a bad schedule. Those are 2 of the games that I want to go to as I have friends and relatives who went to both schools and they are rivals. And, you will get fans of both schools to go to Hartford to see the games. I think they should switch one attractive game from Gampel to XL for more balance. There is an issue with the Big East office. UConn has 4 weekend home games (including 1 Friday night game) and 7 weekend away games. Maybe it's a way to get back at UConn for flirting with the Big 12.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
People pay for their Hartford seats too, they actually sell more tickets and collect more donation dollars in Hartford than they do on campus. The students don't bring a dime to the table, never have. They do provide a better atmosphere, but if they were real fans they'd get to Hartford too.

I go to both arenas, so I'm cool, depending on tip times of course. But if they want more money from us, they better give Hartford some better games. If you try to get a penny out of students, they're going to start screaming at the sky. And who wants to see a full slate of chumps? if they keep this up, I might cancel my Hartford seats and save a bunch of money. Not a bad option

Never thought like this before, but just buy GP tickets and make GP donations and then scalp tickets to any game I want in Hartford, if any

Every action has a reaction

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Who clamored for all the best games to be in Gampel only?

Not best games only. But weekend games? Yes, that is what I perceive from message traffic on here. Weekend games while students are on campus, play at Gampel. Weeknight games? Play at XL. Games while students are on break? XL.

Funny that all of a sudden playing Villanova and Gtown at XL is a slap in the face to XL season ticket holders. That's some great revisionist history as well.

Reactions: MJ1
Reaction Score
It's funny how people think having Villanova and Georgetown at XL as part of a bad schedule. Those are 2 of the games that I want to go to as I have friends and relatives who went to both schools and they are rivals. And, you will get fans of both schools to go to Hartford to see the games. I think they should switch one attractive game from Gampel to XL for more balance. There is an issue with the Big East office. UConn has 4 weekend home games (including 1 Friday night game) and 7 weekend away games. Maybe it's a way to get back at UConn for flirting with the Big 12.
I just care about seeing the best games. And XL center season ticket purchasers were screwed in that regard

Reaction Score
The students don't bring a dime to the table, never have.
UConn (Storrs) students contribute many, many millions directly to the athletics department via a required Athletics Fee annually. I believe it's in the $400-500ish range for each student each year? In 2022 I believe it was $6.5mil total. Plus whatever the percentage of tuition and fees goes to the university's general support of the Athletic Department which is in the $30-40mil range annually. Somewhere between disingenuous and ignorant to say they don't contribute monetarily.

Reaction Score
UConn doesn't dictate the Big East schedule, so I suppose this is really just a complaint about one game, Baylor.

That would be odd though because there were many voices (maybe even the majority) who preferred a BE schedule to a B12 schedule. If you were one of the people who wanted to stay in the BE in the event of a B12 invite, you can't complain about this.

Reaction Score
It's not complicated. Expensive ticket packages are sold flatly stating:
"We make the best efforts to balance the attractiveness of the games at each venue."
Only a moron would defend this misrepresentation.

Reaction Score
The good:

Baylor @ Gampel Wed 4 Dec
Texas @ The Moody Center Sun Dec 8
Gonzaga @ MSG Sat Dec 14
Xavier @ XL Wed Dec 18th

tmp.gif

Reaction Score
People pay for their Hartford seats too, they actually sell more tickets and collect more donation dollars in Hartford than they do on campus. The students don't bring a dime to the table, never have. They do provide a better atmosphere, but if they were real fans they'd get to Hartford too.
The students pay more than ticket buying fans through student fees.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom