2024-2025 Schedule to be Released Today | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2024-2025 Schedule to be Released Today

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Based off of how they have been and how they are projected this year, those teams do not carry the cache they have in the past. That is especially true for Georgetown.
He's old. And he Loved the 80's!

Lol. I don't think Gtown belongs in the XL. Doubly so because I'd love to see Cooley getting railed at Gampel in front of a rowdy student section.

Villanova, good or bad, is the second most accomplished program in the BE history and there's enough of their alumni that will go to the XL that beating them there means there's more Nova fans' faces to rub in after another Neptune disaster.

Mostly, I love the Johnnies having to come to Gampel. Pitino tried to get UConn into his practice gym and SJU AD told him to pound sand- game is at MSG. Hurley gets to flex a bit in that he was able to get games where he wanted them, and Pitino couldn't do it. For @Waquoit , since I love the 80's so much, this is akin to the Eddie Murphy stand up about the ice cream man. Danny got ice cream and Rick didn't.

Reaction Score
The schedule is imbalanced between the two venues but is somewhat explainable:

Baylor is on ESPN. This will be one of the top interconference games of the season with preseason #6 and #3. ESPN prefers Gampel and probably exercised some influence.

The last game of the season is typically at Gampel for Senior Night. That explains Seton Hall.

Creighton and Providence have recently been at GP for several years straight. I think Creighton may have to do with the discount beer night in Omaha a few years back. Hurley did not appreciate that. Providence may be due to proximity. I am sure UConn gets a cut of the resale market on SeatGeek and prices for that game will be through the roof. Storrs is a quick drive from Providence.

St. John's was at XL last year and it could also be a big to Pitino for his remarks about UConn only playing at SJU campus in the future. He couldn't get it done but we could.

I think Marquette has played at XL for 3 years in a row so a game at GP is due.

This probably doesn't appease XL only fans but I don't think it is any wild conspiracy theory about screwing them over.

Reaction Score
What Gampel single game tickets?
A few years ago any season ticket holder got access to buy single game tickets to any games. So if you were an XL season ticket holder you could buy single game tickets to the biggest Gampel games. They did away with that and now just sell the mini packs

Reaction Score
Lol. I don't think Gtown belongs in the XL. Doubly so because I'd love to see Cooley getting railed at Gampel in front of a rowdy student section.

Villanova, good or bad, is the second most accomplished program in the BE history and there's enough of their alumni that will go to the XL that beating them there means there's more Nova fans' faces to rub in after another Neptune disaster.

It's less a matter of who "belongs in the XL" and more "can the ticket office sell more than they could at Gampel" that drives such decisions.

Then again, with Georgetown's fan numbers still dropping, a waiver to host some Big East games at its aging 2,000 seat gym would not be out of the question at some point. (It's the end of September and Georgetown still hasn't put tickets up for sale.)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
To he fair they also got a horrific team
Thanks for acknowledging the weak crowd. But OK State wasn't that bad. And it was the first game after that eye-opening PK Invitational performance and the first game after being voted into the Top 10 since the 2014 title. The team deserved a lot better than they got that night.

Reaction Score
Thanks for acknowledging the weak crowd. But OK State wasn't that bad. And it was the first game after that eye-opening PK Invitational performance and the first game after being voted into the Top 10 since the 2014 title. The team deserved a lot better than they got that night.
Yeah but that wasn’t a venue issue. The fan base wasn’t back yet. I would say that crowd would be the same or worse in Hartford.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

Baylor is on ESPN. This will be one of the top interconference games of the season with preseason #6 and #3. ESPN prefers Gampel and probably exercised some influence.

The last game of the season is typically at Gampel for Senior Night. That explains Seton Hall.

Creighton and Providence have recently been at GP for several years straight. I think Creighton may have to do with the discount beer night in Omaha a few years back. Hurley did not appreciate that. Providence may be due to proximity. I am sure UConn gets a cut of the resale market on SeatGeek and prices for that game will be through the roof. Storrs is a quick drive from Providence.

St. John's was at XL last year and it could also be a big to Pitino for his remarks about UConn only playing at SJU campus in the future. He couldn't get it done but we could.

This probably doesn't appease XL only fans but I don't think it is any wild conspiracy theory about screwing them over.
Baylor will be a FS1 or FOX game. Big East home games in the battle are on FOX, road games on ESPNs.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Reading through these comments as a Mansfield resident with Gampel season tickets.
Trying Not To Laugh Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

Reaction Score
It was a sell out and UConn led by 15 the whole second half until garbage time. What's your complaint? It wasn't loud enough the whole time?

Reaction Score
It's not a conspiracy theory to recognize the Athletic Department does not "make the best efforts to balance the attractiveness of the games at each venue"--that's deceptive marketing , or lying to your loyal 10,000 donors.

Reaction Score
Being a long time XL season ticket holder I sure am glad I became a season ticket at Gampel last year too. I certainly feel like I lucked out with my timing.

Reaction Score
I am estatic about this breakdown. We only get Gampel season tickets since there is almost always XL tickets available if you want them. In general, I would rather watch the game in XL on TV rather than live anyway.

I also feel that Gampel usually gets the short end of the stick, so I am good with it for that reason

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
The students pay more than ticket buying fans through student fees.

Not even remotely accurate

Fiscal year 23,

27.9 million from donors, the vast majority being for men's basketball

5.6 million from student fees, which are spent on things like

• Tickets to all UConn athletic events are free.
  • Athletics facilities are made available rent-free for a variety of student run organizations and events.
  • Hundreds of students are provided employment opportunities throughout the department.
  • The Division of Athletics pays the student fees for its student-athletes on scholarship.
  • Operating costs related to student-section management, including security, as well as the overall maintenance and upkeep of shared facilities from rentals.

Students can and do provide an atmosphere

Donors make it all possible. Without them, Dan Hurley is not at UConn

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A few years ago any season ticket holder got access to buy single game tickets to any games. So if you were an XL season ticket holder you could buy single game tickets to the biggest Gampel games. They did away with that and now just sell the mini packs
And last year the mini plans screwed over XL Season ticket holders.....

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Sorry folks, as someone who lives out of state and won't be able to attend a game either way, I love that our marquee matchups are in front of the better crowd that also looks better on TV.
While on average the gampel crowd is better....for a big game XL gets LOUD. I'd say louder than gampel for sure

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It was a sell out and UConn led by 15 the whole second half until garbage time. What's your complaint? It wasn't loud enough the whole time?
It wasn't loud at any time save for one run that ended in a TO. A typical midweek Gampel crowd.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Seems like this season buying individual games for XL is/was the way to go, I know we're hot but I'd think some of the cupcakes tickets will be cheap(ish).

Reaction Score
Not best games only. But weekend games? Yes, that is what I perceive from message traffic on here. Weekend games while students are on campus, play at Gampel. Weeknight games? Play at XL. Games while students are on break? XL.

Funny that all of a sudden playing Villanova and Gtown at XL is a slap in the face to XL season ticket holders. That's some great revisionist history as well.
That’s not “revisionist” history, it is current day reality. We are talking about the 2024/2025 schedule not one from 5 or 40 years ago.

Reaction Score
Kinda make sense when you think about. Weekend Gampel games/premier games will help them make more. Also XL didn’t have some of the dates available
The end result is an epic fail. UConn needs to do a much better job of controlling their own destiny better. For MBB and WBB we bring huge crowds to XL. If the state politicians want us in Hartford - we need to be priority #1 in schedule.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The end result is an epic fail. UConn needs to do a much better job of controlling their own destiny better. For MBB and WBB we bring huge crowds to XL. If the state politicians want us in Hartford - we need to be priority #1 in schedule.
Last year, it appeared the Wolf Pack moved a game for UConn and they ended up playing in Gampel anyway. Not the move, imo.

Reaction Score

LOL - So is there a good rationale for keeping the fans (your customers) who pay the most and are a bigger block of donors happy? Just asking. What business do you run?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom