2024-2025 Schedule to be Released Today | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2024-2025 Schedule to be Released Today

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Click on the post. Huskies at the top where they should be :cool:
It’s fair looks to be in alphabetical order…..they could have put us under U as sometimes happens.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
This schedule is a complete joke. We play 8 games on Saturdays. 2 of them are at home. TWO. Why is it our job to help these bum mid major schools sell tickets? This league is a joke. No other top brand gets treated this way by their conference. I'm not saying we should have 8 home games on Saturdays, but we should not be having 2. We're the freaking back to back National Champs and that's how they treat us?

If I were a conspiracy theorist I would say it's because we've tried for two summers in a row to actively leave the conference.

Reaction Score
Schedule release video is PHENOMENAL

I'll always take a Jonathan post, but I'll admit it. I didn't understand the St. John's (sword) and Seton Hall (cookie) references.

EDIT: Auror (below) said it's Pitino's sword. That's fantastic. Now I just need the cookie reference for SHU.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Does anyone know why when I check DePaul's ticket site , it says limited tickets available and when I click on two tickets, it says none available?
Also , we have a ( will be at the time of the game) 1 year old , do we have to purchase a ticket for her?

Reaction Score
I'll always take a Jonathan post, but I'll admit it. I didn't understand the St. John's (sword) and Seton Hall (cookie) references.

EDIT: Auror (below) said it's Pitino's sword. That's fantastic. Now I just need the cookie reference for SHU.
It's a reference to AJ and Big Justice and the Costco Guys viral TikToks. The dad AJ is a Seton Hall grad

Reaction Score
St John's on 2/7 is Gampel as there is a Wolfpack game in Hartford that night. That's gonna be a mad house.
Friday night game at Gampel!! I am sure slick Rick will love that one

MJ1

Reaction Score
This schedule is a complete joke. We play 8 games on Saturdays. 2 of them are at home. TWO. Why is it our job to help these bum mid major schools sell tickets? This league is a joke. No other top brand gets treated this way by their conference. I'm not saying we should have 8 home games on Saturdays, but we should not be having 2. We're the freaking back to back National Champs and that's how they treat us?
Agreed, but I love having St. John’s in on a Friday night, and Providence on a Sunday is workable. But it should be 4 home Saturday and 4 away on Saturday.

Reaction Score
My guess on the split (in which I definitely give the athletic department and state too much credit regarding XL games over student break):

Sacred Heart - Gampel (home Wolfpack game)
New Hampshire - XL
LeMoyne - Gampel
TAMUC - Gampel (home Wolfpack game)
UMES - XL
Baylor - Gampel
Xavier - XL
Providence - XL
Creighton - XL
Butler - Gampel
DePaul - XL
St John's - Gampel
Nova - XL
Georgetown - Gampel
Marquette - XL
Seton Hall - Gampel

Could definitely see LeMoyne and UMES swap but otherwise I feel pretty good about this.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If I were a conspiracy theorist I would say it's because we've tried for two summers in a row to actively leave the conference.
4F4A5249-12C1-484B-A735-0C9EB8F224D8.jpeg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
It's best if you leave that to the professionals.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
it spreads.

Reaction Score
My guess on the split (in which I definitely give the athletic department and state too much credit regarding XL games over student break):

Sacred Heart - Gampel (home Wolfpack game)
New Hampshire - XL
LeMoyne - Gampel
TAMUC - Gampel (home Wolfpack game)
UMES - XL
Baylor - Gampel
Xavier - XL
Providence - XL
Creighton - XL
Butler - Gampel
DePaul - XL
St John's - Gampel
Nova - XL
Georgetown - Gampel
Marquette - XL
Seton Hall - Gampel

Could definitely see LeMoyne and UMES swap but otherwise I feel pretty good about this.
Only thing I would change in my guess is flipping Creighton and Butler but otherwise agree.

SJU, Creighton, Baylor, Seton Hall, Georgetown for Gampel

Marquette, Providence, Xavier, Nova, Butler, DePaul at XL is fair split imo

Reaction Score

Ok, so it wasn’t just me. Lol. It took me a bit to get the Butler ref…as it wasn’t an Indy car.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

If that were the case, you’d think they’d want to bend over backwards to make the best school in the conference happy.

It’s been more than two years of this. We always get the shaft when it comes to Saturday home games.

Reaction Score
If that were the case, you’d think they’d want to bend over backwards to make the best school in the conference happy.

It’s been more than two years of this. We always get the shaft when it comes to Saturday home games.
It's true, but it's unclear if it relates to the XL Center prioritizing the Wolf Pack, a coincidence, or a confluence of other factors as to the why but it has been this way since joining the conference

2021-22: 3 home Saturdays, 3 away Saturdays
2022-23: 3 home Saturdays, 6 away Saturdays
2023-24: 3 home Saturdays, 4 away Saturdays
2024-25: 2 home Saturdays, 6 away Saturdays

What's not captured here are the number of Sundays UConn plays on, but it's not the same thing by a longshot. My guess is it has something to do with Hartford, but who knows and at the end of the day there has been no "evening out" as a certain mouthpiece for the conference insisted happens over time.

Reaction Score
Any guess on the tip time for the Creighton home game? Would love to turn that game into a weekend stay on campus.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I would not be surprised if it’s the 8 pm primetime hoops slot that’s FOX or FS1 depending how NFL Playoff schedule breaks (eg UConn @ Nova last year)
Likely will be 12p tip. NFL divisional round on Saturday usually starts 3p and then there’s a nightcap at 7-8p prime-time.

Reaction Score
Likely will be 12p tip. NFL divisional round on Saturday usually starts 3p and then there’s a nightcap at 7-8p prime-time.
It's basically 50/50 at this point, entirely based on the playoff matchups and which conference/network pairing gets the night game on Saturday

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom