2023 SC Gamecocks Basketball, Part II (merged) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2023 SC Gamecocks Basketball, Part II (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Slightly off-topic. I was in Food Lion today getting some potato chips and spinach and there was this middle aged woman walking by the meat department, I noticed she had on a black jacket with a garnet C and a chicken in the middle of the C.

I was about to say hope to see y'all in Greenville in few weeks ( I was wearing my favorite Duke top) but didn't want to cause a ruckus. I did give her the stank eye. I will say one thing, chickens are definitely plentiful in the Triad.. saw a few Baby Carolina car tags, and a guy with a garnet SC hat. As long as they know that this is still Blue Devil country. there will be peace.

Reaction Score
Other topic: south Carolina News
Alex Murdagh's sentencing hearing just happened-he was sentenced to life in prison . Jury deliberation was all of 45 minutes to render a guilty verdict. I was at Carolina the same time as he attended. I spoke to him in passing a few times.. ..to me I never imagined this would be his life..

Reaction Score
Slightly off-topic. I was in Food Lion today getting some potato chips and spinach and there was this middle aged woman walking by the meat department, I noticed she had on a black jacket with a garnet C and a chicken in the middle of the C.

I was about to say hope to see y'all in Greenville in few weeks ( I was wearing my favorite Duke top) but didn't want to cause a ruckus. I did give her the stank eye. I will say one thing, chickens are definitely plentiful in the Triad.. saw a few Baby Carolina car tags, and a guy with a garnet SC hat. As long as they know that this is still Blue Devil country. there will be peace.

@triaddukefan Just being honest and this is just opinion. What you just described to me is a "Karen" moment perpetuated against an innocent bystander. Call the Cops on a little girl selling water is similar to giving the stank eye to a elderly woman wearing a jacket with a chicken on it = Karen . lol

Reaction Score

Duke vs a South Carolina basketball team in Greenville worked out nicely in 2017 so I’m for it. Send the Tarholes to Greenville as well so their fans can wave our rally towels during the game again.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Duke vs a South Carolina basketball team in Greenville worked out nicely in 2017 so I’m for it. Send the Tarholes to Greenville as well so their fans can wave our rally towels during the game again.

Hey now. You ain't playing fair :oops:

Reaction Score
Amihere with 16.5 ppg in 40 minutes while shooting 13-23 (.565) with 5.5 rpb and 1.5 bpg, and Saxton with 12.5 ppg in 39 minutes, while shooting 11-18 (.611), in the first 2 rounds of the SECT. Beal also with 9.5 ppg in 45 minutes while shooting 7-9 (.778). Not too shabby at all from 3 Gamecocks that are not usually looked towards to for offense. This team seems to be running at a high level of efficiency right now, which is a good time for it.....

Reaction Score
Laeticia’s best game of her career?
Her problem is that she has played like a garbage time player looking to get hers the last month or so.

She did have nice assists in second half but she's rarely shown much feel for the game in her career.

Reaction Score
Her problem is that she has played like a garbage time player looking to get hers the last month or so.

She did have nice assists in second half but she's rarely shown much feel for the game in her career.
Really? Are you a Gamecock fan? You come to another board and talk about your own players like that? Wow.

Reaction Score
Really? Are you a Gamecock fan? You come to another board and talk about your own players like that? Wow.
“Garbage time” IS a bit harsh but yes @Gamecockfan77 is a fan.

Latecia had a fine showing today but has frequently played out of control during her career . Make a good play with a steal, a rebound or blocked shot - then run over somebody. She has always needed patience to temper her enthusiasm.

Today she was THE gal.

Reaction Score
South Carolina is playing their best basketball of the year right now. Don’t see them having a game closer than 15 points from now until the Final Four and maybe even until November/December.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I think we're peaking at the right time. UT will come out fired up on Sunday, but the Vols had 3 starters play over 30 minutes on Friday and 4 play over 35 on Saturday. I don't think we had a single player log 30 minutes on either day. Look for the blowout to begin by the middle of the 2nd quarter.

Reaction Score
“Garbage time” IS a bit harsh but yes @Gamecockfan77 is a fan.

Latecia had a fine showing today but has frequently played out of control during her career . Make a good play with a steal, a rebound or blocked shot - then run over somebody. She has always needed patience to temper her enthusiasm.

Today she was THE gal.
I didn't mean she is a garbage time player. That came out sounding harsher than it was intended.

I meant that's she's been playing fairly selfishly on the floor the last month. Including how she started that game.

She was much better connected in the second half.

Reaction Score
I think we're peaking at the right time. UT will come out fired up on Sunday, but the Vols had 3 starters play over 30 minutes on Friday and 4 play over 35 on Saturday. I don't think we had a single player log 30 minutes on either day. Look for the blowout to begin by the middle of the 2nd quarter.
Oh how talk like that makes me cringe. :eek:

We Cocky but it makes me nervous.

South Carolina is playing their best basketball of the year right now. Don’t see them having a game closer than 15 points from now until the Final Four and maybe even until November/December.
Please don’t hang the Boneyard jinx on us!

Reaction Score
This is kind of my sentiment as well. Our depth has helped us keep fresher legs than our opponents.

Last edited:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Amihere with 16.5 ppg in 40 minutes while shooting 13-23 (.565) with 5.5 rpb and 1.5 bpg, and Saxton with 12.5 ppg in 39 minutes, while shooting 11-18 (.611), in the first 2 rounds of the SECT. Beal also with 9.5 ppg in 45 minutes while shooting 7-9 (.778). Not too shabby at all from 3 Gamecocks that are not usually looked towards to for offense. This team seems to be running at a high level of efficiency right now, which is a good time for it.....
I love seeing the switch in mentality that occurs this time of year. Dawn's teams always turn the intensity up a notch and it translates on the court. Seeing that light bulb switch on in real time is always fascinating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom