2023 New school commitments by Transfers | Page 19 | The Boneyard

2023 New school commitments by Transfers

Reaction Score

Hailey Van Lith to LSU!

denzel-washington-boom.gif

Reaction Score
Really? I think SC has a much bigger issue with that.
All I am saying is that Van Lith and Reese both like to have the offense drive through them...

This feels a little like the Tennessee situation from this past year when Rikea joined the team. I'm going to have to see how they gel.

Reaction Score
All I am saying is that Van Lith and Reese both like to have the offense drive through them...

This feels a little like the Tennessee situation from this past year when Rikea joined the team. I'm going to have to see how they gel.
I just think Kim will have it under control. I think this team still goes through Reese and I don’t know any program in the country that will let transfers or high school recruits come in and take over the reins right away unless absolutely needed.

Reaction Score

This is similar to what I talking about the other day in regards her saying she didn’t have to leave campus or go out and recruit because everybody was calling.

Reaction Score
Guess elite has different meaning to you, she is a great player and I believe LSU is a NC candidate with her on the team!
LSU was already a contender. She had a great tournament, but before that she shot 29% on 3s and 47% on 2s. And she had more turnovers per game than assists per game.

Just looking at Her Hoop Stats, her points per scoring attempt would've been SEVENTH on UConn last year. Not great defensive metrics either. Hailey Van Lith NCAA Player Page

Reaction Score
This is similar to what I talking about the other day in regards her saying she didn’t have to leave campus or go out and recruit because everybody was calling.

She's still going to need to recruit. Sure the transfer portal will be there, but she still has to go out to get quality players. Look at the 23 class she's brought in with the help of her AC. She's balancing the approach because she knows better.

It's not a good idea to assume players will be calling. What happens if things don't pan out the next few seasons? Those calls could stop just as quickly.

Reaction Score
Hailey Van Lith is a very good player, but she’s not great. Strong teams have always been able to shut her down.
She walks more than she assists and her defense is suspect. Can’t tell you the numbers of players that have been able to drive right by her.

She can be a prolific scorer, but she’s a volume shooter. Not usually terribly efficient. That is what will be interesting to see how these players gel. If Hailey Van Lith needs to shoot a lot to score big, how are she and Angel going to vibe? I look forward to watching their chemistry.

Reaction Score
Hailey Van Lith is a very good player, but she’s not great. Strong teams have always been able to shut her down.
She walks more than she assists and her defense is suspect. Can’t tell you the numbers of players that have been able to drive right by her.

She can be a prolific scorer, but she’s a volume shooter. Not usually terribly efficient. That is what will be interesting to see how these players gel. If Hailey Van Lith needs to shoot a lot to score big, how are she and Angel going to vibe? I look forward to watching their chemistry.

We don't have Jesus's full All American voting card, but we know she presumably rates higher than Honorable Mention.

I think she's appropriately rated and LSU should just go All Villain.

Reaction Score

Well since Hailey misses from outside so much, maybe Angel can just consider them opportunities to pound her rebounding stats?

In all seriousness I actually think it'll be a bigger issue with limiting Johnson and Williams growth from the perimeter. She's not going to be able to create shots for those two and she'll be taking away a lot of the perimeter opportunities that would have otherwise been available. If there's any friction, I think it would be there, especially with NIL being such a vocally talked about priority with Reese and Johnson.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
So, Coach Q has a PG and a very versatile, athletic forward in Destiny Adams.
Who's Next?
I've got an idea: if she wants a one-year grad student who is a stable presence and knows Coach Q well, she could have a call with Kaitlyn Gilbert, the 5'10" combo guard who just left Missouri. They knew each other for a few years at Notre Dame. Could bide some time while Coach Q and staff works on the Jersey HS and AAU connections.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Seems like a "Riverboat" connection from another age: Memphis to Cincinnati. Guess you could put St. Louis, Louisville, Evansville and even Pittsburgh on that route

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
So, Coach Q has a PG and a very versatile, athletic forward in Destiny Adams.
Who's Next?
I've got an idea: if she wants a one-year grad student who is a stable presence and knows Coach Q well, she could have a call with Kaitlyn Gilbert, the 5'10" combo guard who just left Missouri. They knew each other for a few years at Notre Dame. Could bide some time while Coach Q and staff works on the Jersey HS and AAU connections.
Very good pieces to build around Smikle.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom