2023 New school commitments by Transfers | Page 16 | The Boneyard

2023 New school commitments by Transfers

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
She won't make up for Todd-Williams at all. Great points, but I don't think that she'll slide into the starting rotation, without really having to prove herself in the off-season.

She's going to need to be much faster than she's shown in the Big 12 to play the type of defence Banghart wants. ACC guards are much quicker overall in my opinion. She also got schooled by Kelly when they played against each other in Oregon. Picturing her against the likes of Day-Wilson, Fair, Latson (sic?) of FSU, and Dwyer to name a few..........yikes.

She's also going to need to be much stronger with the ball, for situations when she has to drive. She seems to have regressed compared to when she was a freshman. Again, playing against the likes of guards I've listed above, I don't see it. She's going to need to be able to do more than just shooting from the corner, especially if she still has goals of going pro.
Me thinks you are drastically over valuing how strong the ACC actually is. From a National consciousness perspective only VPI and ND are currently relevant and while Miami had a nice NCAAT run, they were still tied for 6th for the regular season in the ACC. NC State, Duke, Louisville are all considerably weaker and who knows about UNC now as some aspects look better but some are weaker. This is still a conference without a “national POY candidate” even with Kitley returning. Where is all this “strength“that you are touting?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Seems like an appropriate location to place this landing: With Jaida Patrick back to the ACC (this time, with Miami) Columbia Lions Coach Megan Griffith reaches out the a P5 Conference -- this time the B1G -- to land a possible new guard to team with Abbey Hsu and Kitty Henderson. Need to get some more height to fill in for Kaitlyn Davis, who hasn't landed out of the portal yet.

Reaction Score
Me thinks you are drastically over valuing how strong the ACC actually is. From a National consciousness perspective only VPI and ND are currently relevant and while Miami had a nice NCAAT run, they were still tied for 6th for the regular season in the ACC. NC State, Duke, Louisville are all considerably weaker and who knows about UNC now as some aspects look better but some are weaker. This is still a conference without a “national POY candidate” even with Kitley returning. Where is all this “strength“that you are touting?

Me thinks you're misinterpreting my comments. You're focused on the teams themselves instead of players which is what I'm talking about.

The question was about whether she'd make the starting roster and I don't think so.

Seeing how she fared against players like Kelly, Harmon, etc., leads me to think she'll struggle. She was a liability defensively a fair bit last season. Being able to keep up with the likes of these players will be a challenge for her.

And she'll definitely need to get stronger to go up against these players as well. From what I've seen, this will be another area she has to get better at. She also had turnover challenges when pressured.
The guard play in the Big 12 is different than the ACC. The most physical/aggressive types were Baylor and Texas. She'll be facing way more of that this upcoming season.

Reaction Score

Don't remember seeing this posted anywhere. Apologies if this has been duplicated.

Looking at the projected roster, this team seems to be really guard heavy at the moment. They have 4 forwards based on my count for the 2023-2024 season (Lattimore, Okafor, Spearman and Oldacre).

Not really guard heavy - unless you think they were last year. They lost the Cavinder twins (Hailey started and Hanna played valuable minutes), Karla Erjavec who was a starter for most of her career there and last year also played valuable minutes, and Harden who is listed as a forward but at 6'0" was more of a wing/large guard. So basically the same.

Reaction Score

I've talked myself into this one in recent weeks. I've always been a fan. She's a pretty good shooter, plays with a ton of energy and a good enough passer to make their bigs better. I think she'll love being on a big stage. I was just concerned that she's a point guard, and Raven's really a point guard, so who will truly have the keys to the offense.

Reaction Score
I've talked myself into this one in recent weeks. I've always been a fan. She's a pretty good shooter, plays with a ton of energy and a good enough passer to make their bigs better. I think she'll love being on a big stage. I was just concerned that she's a point guard, and Raven's really a point guard, so who will truly have the keys to the offense.
I just posted the same comment. Although I guess it’s a good problem to have. Is Fulwiley a pg or sg?

Reaction Score
Does she have one or two years of eligibility
She just completed her junior year, however she’s also eligible for the extra “Covid” year so theoretically she can play for two more years.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
She just completed her junior year, however she’s also eligible for the extra “Covid” year so theoretically she can play for two more years.

damn-mad.gif

I was afraid of that. Greedy Fowl. Imma have to learn not to come to this site on Mondays. Ain't no fun to be in a bad mood to start the week off.

Reaction Score
I kinda figured she was the birdie Staley was referring to.

Will Paopao run the point or Raven Johnson?
Likely Raven will be the primary PG, but Te-Hina will have possessions where she’s handling the ball. Doubt this will be any worry. Double PG backcourts are pretty normal, and likely preferred, by Dawn. No doubt she laid out to Paopao how she sees her role and how she will be utilized on this team.
Is Fulwiley a pg or sg?
She’s a CG. I believe she could be used at the 1, 2, and 3. Likely more at the 2 and 3 but we will see about that.

Reaction Score
Are you projecting based on what exactly? Current rosters? Coaching? Last year's performance? In the final poll the ACC had 6 teams in the top 25 (VT,ND,Louisville,Duke,Miami,NC). The SEC had 4 (LSU,SC,TN,Ole Miss). The Big Ten had 5 (Iowa,MD,Ohio St.,Ind.,Mich.), the PAC-12 had 4 (Utah,Stanford,UCLA,Colo.). The Big 12 had 3 (Okla.,Texas, Iowa St.). The PAC-12 had no team ranked higher than #8 and the Big 12 no team higher than 17.

There were no changes in head coaches for the top 8 teams in the ACC that I'm aware of. The ACC also puts more teams in the NCAA tournament each year than any other conference. Entering last year's tournament 3 of the ACC teams were without their primary guard due to recent injury (ND,NC St., and FSU).

The portal is far from done with many of the best players still undecided but the winners up to this point are: Baylor, Michigan, Louisville, Miami, VT, WV, UCLA, and USC.

As for the incoming 2023 class the ESPN top 100 shows The SEC with 25, the ACC with 24, the PAC-12 with 19, the Big Ten with 14, and the Big 12 with 8.

While I respect your opinions on here (I do), I think you're underestimating the ACC

Reaction Score
PaoPao was not the #1 PG at Oregon, she mostly played the 2. Raven is the unquestionable #1 PG at SC…no doubts. But PaoPao at the SG slot will share some of the ball handling duties as she did at Oregon. She will be schemed to get her 3 shot from the SG spot however at SC while Raven continues to distribute. Big big pickup for SC as this is the replacement for Cooke In many ways.

Last edited:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I just posted the same comment. Although I guess it’s a good problem to have. Is Fulwiley a pg or sg?
Think of Fulwiley as a faster Zia Cooke. That will be her role at SC. She won’t get as much PT as Zia did because the situation is much different… but the skill sets are similar. Fulwiley will likely assume the go-to scorer role at SC, just like Zia, at some point.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Are you projecting based on what exactly? Current rosters? Coaching? Last year's performance? In the final poll the ACC had 6 teams in the top 25 (VT,ND,Louisville,Duke,Miami,NC). The SEC had 4 (LSU,SC,TN,Ole Miss). The Big Ten had 5 (Iowa,MD,Ohio St.,Ind.,Mich.), the PAC-12 had 4 (Utah,Stanford,UCLA,Colo.). The Big 12 had 3 (Okla.,Texas, Iowa St.). The PAC-12 had no team ranked higher than #8 and the Big 12 no team higher than 17.

There were no changes in head coaches for the top 8 teams in the ACC that I'm aware of. The ACC also puts more teams in the NCAA tournament each year than any other conference. Entering last year's tournament 3 of the ACC teams were without their primary guard due to recent injury (ND,NC St., and FSU).

The portal is far from done with many of the best players still undecided but the winners up to this point are: Baylor, Michigan, Louisville, Miami, VT, WV, UCLA, and USC.

As for the incoming 2023 class the ESPN top 100 shows The SEC with 25, the ACC with 24, the PAC-12 with 19, the Big Ten with 14, and the Big 12 with 8.

While I respect your opinions on here (I do), I think you're underestimating the ACC
One of the key elements for ND and FSU thus far (the portal is still open until early May) is that neither team has had anyone enter the portal, so both coaches have been working on team retention. As such, both the Irish and Seminoles have been pretty selective in the portal up to this point: FSU has Amaya Bonner, the 6'0" guard from Cal and Alexis Tucker, the 5'11" guard from Santa Barbara; while ND specifically went after combo guard Anna DeWolfe from Fordham as a grad transfer.

A key for both teams is how long their stars (Datson for FSU, Miles for ND) will be out. Those transfer's in could partially answer the question. ND is fortunate also to have freshman Hannah Hidalgo coming onto campus to help on the point guard front, along with DeWolfe, which will allow Sonia Citron to return to off guard/wing.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’d be SHOCKED if Hailey Van Lith doesn’t go to LSU. Honestly what is she waiting on to announce.. must be creating a video. Lol
If I remember correctly she took forever to announce selecting Louisville. I thought the wait left her with slim pickings as to where to go because so many others had already committed. I mean she could have gone anywhere, but the landscape (rosters) had changed by then. LSU sounds reasonable, but why not Indiana? Stanford?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom