2023 New school commitments by Transfers | Page 18 | The Boneyard

2023 New school commitments by Transfers

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Seeing all these other players commit like while Hailey Van Lith has been silent....

Come On Reaction GIF by Disney Channel

Reaction Score
Seeing all these other players commit like while Hailey Van Lith has been silent....

Come On Reaction GIF by Disney Channel
I think it is possible she has a school in the favored position that has not given a full green light to her yet, perhaps an academic review issue like would occur at a Stanford type school. She may also be “negotiating” and researching NIL business decisions between her final choices, the kind of work her hired PR firm is likely doing. It’s sometimes more involved than the fans realize.

This is a different era. For the very top players NIL revenue is a big deal. They have no guarantees of such revenue beyond college unless they actually do well enough in the WNBA to maintain their national branding. It’s a purely business decision is some respects, and you can’t blame the player. You have to maximize your worth while it is there. Some have posted a big brand type like Van Lith can do it anywhere, but that is not the whole story, you can do it better in some places.

If any of you were the parent of a college player in this position, you would likely want them to make decisions that would maximize their financial security for beyond college. Having said all that, I agree with most that she ends up at LSU.

Maybe the only reservation I have there, and it is small, is would she want to co-exist alongside another player that likely garners more PR attention on her own team? She won’t out do Reese at LSU, she will be #2 there. Same if she was at a UCONN, #2 or #3 there. Ditto for Iowa. Would she climb above Brink at Stanford? You get the point, she has gotten used to being #1 on her team. Will she defer that role now for a championship run? I mean her teams had that kind of potential at UL already.

Last edited:

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I think it is possible she has a school in the favored position that has not given a full green light to her yet, perhaps an academic review issue like would occur at a Stanford type school. She may also be “negotiating” and researching NIL business decisions between her final choices, the kind of work her hired PR firm is likely doing. It’s sometimes more involved than the fans realize.
This was also my thinking. If you are going to grad school, need to make sure all your undergrad credits are transferable, and that you'd get into the G school regardless of hoop.

Reaction Score
I have some respect for Brenda Freese and her accomplishments as a WCBB coach, obviously. I always wondered about her constant transfers out however. I would be remiss not to also mention how she seemingly reloads every year. I suppose I just don’t fully understand what goes on there.

Reaction Score

This is a different era. For the very top players NIL revenue is a big deal. They have no guarantees of such revenue beyond college unless they actually do well enough in the WNBA to maintain their national branding. It’s a purely business decision is some respects, and you can’t blame the player. You have to maximize your worth while it is there. Some have posted a big brand type like Van Lith can do it anywhere, but that is not the whole story, you can do it better in some places.

If any of you were the parent of a college player in this position, you would likely want them to make decisions that would maximize their financial security for beyond college. Having said all that, I agree with most that she ends up at LSU.

Maybe the only reservation I have there, and it is small, is would she want to co-exist alongside another player that likely garners more PR attention on her own team? She won’t out do Reese at LSU, she will be #2 there. Same if she was at a UCONN, #2 or #3 there. Ditto for Iowa. Would she climb above Brink at Stanford? You get the point, she has gotten used to being #1 on her team. Will she defer that role now for a championship run? I mean her teams had that kind of potential at UL already.
Hailey Van Lith would be around 4-5 in attention at UConn, let me real. Paige and Azzi are both a head of her already and Nika is a fan favorite that was only behind Reese in NIL store purchase despite not being able to promote her stuff or making it out of the sweet sixteen and Aaliyah is coming off of the best season of all of the above so yea. I also think Hailey Van Lith would be #3 at LSU behind FJ.

Reaction Score
This was also my thinking. If you are going to grad school, need to make sure all your undergrad credits are transferable, and that you'd get into the G school regardless of hoop.
Grad schools don’t accept or reject credits from kids with completed undergraduate degrees from accredited institutions. They either accept the kid with the degree or they don’t. Of course, some G school departments are harder to get into than others. Engineering or chemistry or medicine or law are usually really hard to get into than maybe communications or business. But either way, many of these kids have excellent grades so I don’t think the AD has to push much to get them into the program of their choosing.

Reaction Score
Grad schools don’t accept or reject credits from kids with completed undergraduate degrees from accredited institutions. They either accept the kid with the degree or they don’t. Of course, some G school departments are harder to get into than others. Engineering or chemistry or medicine or law are usually really hard to get into than maybe communications or business. But either way, many of these kids have excellent grades so I don’t think the AD has to push much to get them into the program of their choosing.
When I was applying to grad schools this was of course the case…based upon your body of work in undergraduate studies and other relevant factors, but I did not think Hailey Van Lith was a grad student, I guess I just supposed she was not. My bad if wrong on that issue.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If I remember correctly she took forever to announce selecting Louisville. I thought the wait left her with slim pickings as to where to go because so many others had already committed. I mean she could have gone anywhere, but the landscape (rosters) had changed by then. LSU sounds reasonable, but why not Indiana? Stanford?

She did take forever to choose Louisville. Everyone thought she was going to Baylor and Kim, but Hailey Van Lith could never pull that trigger. That's why I'm not certain she chooses LSU.

Reaction Score
She did take forever to choose Louisville. Everyone thought she was going to Baylor and Kim, but Hailey Van Lith could never pull that trigger. That's why I'm not certain she chooses LSU.
I don’t think that was about Kim, it was more about Baylor, and Waco.

Reaction Score
As. Cards fan, from the beginning, I’ve said it’s LSU and no one else. As someone mentioned above, I’d be stunned only if she didn’t choose LSU.

Attachments

• EEF90E26-711F-40B5-9131-43A74B4BEF45.png
    EEF90E26-711F-40B5-9131-43A74B4BEF45.png
    380.7 KB · Views: 86

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member