2023 New school commitments by Transfers | Page 15 | The Boneyard

2023 New school commitments by Transfers

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Sorry, but I'm taking this as sarcasm. Day-Wilson joining up with Lattimore isn't surprising. This was where I thought she'd land.
And you posted as such. The two high-school partners revive their planned partnership in the ACC, as initially planned (until the Coach Q scenario blew up in a major way).

Reaction Score
And you posted as such. The two high-school partners revive their planned partnership in the ACC, as initially planned (until the Coach Q scenario blew up in a major way).
Now the question is, will it work? Lattimore is recovering from her second ACL injury in three years, and there's some depth at that position she will have to compete against. The pair are used to having things managed where they can play as a tandem and do what they want. Is Meier going to capitulate and let them do this or will they work within her system? The amount of freedom Day-Wilson gets will be something to watch.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Now the question is, will it work? Lattimore is recovering from her second ACL injury in three years, and there's some depth at that position she will have to compete against. The pair are used to having things managed where they can play as a tandem and do what they want. Is Meier going to capitulate and let them do this or will they work within her system? The amount of freedom Day-Wilson gets will be something to watch.
Jasmyne Roberts, the wing, will be coming back as Miami's leader per se. If Lattimore can come back and Day-Wilson is given a bit of a leash, this could work....stay tuned.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score

As I think that there are others, I am confused about this. To me it appears that Morrow visited SoCal, donned Trojan attire and had a photo shoot, and of course posted it on Social Media.
Others seem to think that she is transferring to SoCal per this post. However the hashtag seems to disagree with this.

So, does anyone that uses Twitter have more info?

And if the meaning is the former, should we have a new thread to cover "School Visits for Portal Entrants"?

I also believe that this specific tweet is being discussed in the portal entry thread.

Thanks from a non tweeter.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
As I think that there are others, I am confused about this. To me it appears that Morrow visited SoCal, donned Trojan attire and had a photo shoot, and of course posted it on Social Media.
Others seem to think that she is transferring to SoCal per this post. However the hashtag seems to disagree with this.

And if the meaning is the former, should we have a new thread to cover "School Visits for Portal Entrants"?

I also believe that this specific tweet is being discussed in the portal entry thread.

Looks like the same type of photo shoot that others have done during visits, Te-Hina Paopao being one at S Carolina.

sun

Reaction Score

It's not an official signing yet but her heart icons could be cryptic.
Her tweet also shows that she's visiting SoCal first.
Are we to surmise that she will post the same heart icons & uniform photos for every school that she visits?

Reaction Score
It's not an official signing yet but her heart icons could be cryptic.
Her tweet also shows that she's visiting SoCal first.
Are we to surmise that she will post the same heart icons & uniform photos for every school that she visits?

She's visiting 3 schools (USC, South Carolina and LSU), if she doesn't decide to commit sooner . We won't get unindated with a lot of posts. I wouldn't get caught up in the emojis. It's Morrow enjoying the process and being herself.

Similar to the video with fan recommendations, I'm guessing this is to help with branding and I don't blame her for it. We've been seeing hype videos from players well before they've committed to a program as a recruit. The volume of what she's put out there is minimal in comparison to what I've seen with other players.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Donarski supposedly to UNC.
At least she will only have to guard Deja Kelly in practice now since Kelly torched her and Iowa State for 29 points early this past season . . . :p

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This some ********* . Ain't nothing like raised blood pressure on a Monday

giphy.gif

Lemme log off, head to the park for a loooooooooooooooooooong walk

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
So, for those who follow North Carolina, will Donarski slide into their starting lineup?

AZgirl

Pac-12 women's sports all day long
Reaction Score
Looks like the same type of photo shoot that others have done during visits, Te-Hina Paopao being one at S Carolina.
They've been happening at least for a few years. When Endyia Rogers transferred (the first time), she went to Arizona and Oregon and posted the same types of photos that high school commits post.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
So, for those who follow North Carolina, will Donarski slide into their starting lineup?
I'm an ACC denizen so I'll look at this from ND's perspective:

UNC lost wing Kennedy Todd-Williams and guard/forward Destiny Adams to the portal (and Mississippi, Rutgers, respectively) and Eva Hodgson to eligibility. Paulina Paris and Kayla McPherson -- dynamic offensive players but slightly smaller guards -- were coming back to join Deja Kelly in the backcourt, but Coach Courtney Banghart probably felt she needed a taller guard/wing. Hence, 6'0" Donarski, who averaged some 13 ppg for the Cyclones, will join. She was also Big 12 defensive player of the year in 2021-22, which will help.

Donarski doesn't need the ball much, which will also help because Kelly controls the ball in crunch time.

I respected Todd-Williams who I thought was a physical and effective player against ND. While Banghart has found a very good replacement for the Tar Heels in Donarski, I still like Sonia Citron not having to play against the physical Todd-Williams. And now, Coach Ivey can unleash the very tall Cass Prosper (remember, no Adams coming back) and physical KK Bransford on Kelly and the slightly smaller UNC guards. Plus, ND's bringing in Hannah Hidalgo, who is a remarkably fast and agile player on both ends of the court.

Donarski's three-pt. shooting has gone down since she was a frosh on an ISU team that shot tons of three's. If she can get her pct. up a bit, UNC will be an outside team to cover. A lot. (Paris really came on last year as a frosh.).

We'll see if that makes up for the loss of Todd-Williams.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm an ACC denizen so I'll look at this from ND's perspective:

UNC lost wing Kennedy Todd-Williams and guard/forward Destiny Adams to the portal (and Mississippi, Rutgers, respectively) and Eva Hodgson to eligibility. Paulina Paris and Kayla McPherson -- dynamic offensive players but slightly smaller guards -- were coming back to join Deja Kelly in the backcourt, but Coach Courtney Banghart probably felt she needed a taller guard/wing. Hence, 6'0" Donarski, who averaged some 13 ppg for the Cyclones, will join. She was also Big 12 defensive player of the year in 2021-22, which will help.

Donarski doesn't need the ball much, which will also help because Kelly controls the ball in crunch time.

I respected Todd-Williams who I thought was a physical and effective player against ND. While Banghart has found a very good replacement for the Tar Heels in Donarski, I still like Sonia Citron not having to play against the physical Todd-Williams. And now, Coach Ivey can unleash the very tall Cass Prosper (remember, no Adams coming back) and physical KK Bransford on Kelly.

Donarski's three-pt. shooting has gone down since she was a frosh on an ISU team that shot tons of three's. If she can get her pct. up a bit, UNC will be an outside team to cover. A lot. (Paris really came on last year as a frosh.).

We'll see if that makes up for the loss of Todd-Williams.

She won't make up for Todd-Williams at all. Great points, but I don't think that she'll slide into the starting rotation, without really having to prove herself in the off-season.

She's going to need to be much faster than she's shown in the Big 12 to play the type of defence Banghart wants. ACC guards are much quicker overall in my opinion. She also got schooled by Kelly when they played against each other in Oregon. Picturing her against the likes of Day-Wilson, Fair, Latson (sic?) of FSU, and Dwyer to name a few..........yikes.

She's also going to need to be much stronger with the ball, for situations when she has to drive. She seems to have regressed compared to when she was a freshman. Again, playing against the likes of guards I've listed above, I don't see it. She's going to need to be able to do more than just shooting from the corner, especially if she still has goals of going pro.

Reaction Score
Probably stating the obvious, but the ACC will be tough again next year. All the transferring is not done, but right now I see Va Tech and ND at the top...followed closely by Louisville ('cause that is just what Walz does and they added a lot of athletic players). Florida State has a super star, so they will be a factor. Duke seems to be struggling in the portal and net, I think NC will be what they were last year....good, but not quite elite.

Reaction Score

Don't remember seeing this posted anywhere. Apologies if this has been duplicated.

Looking at the projected roster, this team seems to be really guard heavy at the moment. They have 4 forwards based on my count for the 2023-2024 season (Lattimore, Okafor, Spearman and Oldacre).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom