2023 New school commitments by Transfers | Page 14 | The Boneyard

2023 New school commitments by Transfers

Reaction Score
FuSDskXXgAEREGJ

6..... I guess that makes sense. They lost 5 players and didn't sign a single HS prospect last cycle

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

This is now Alasia Hayes' third team, after ND and MSU. Perhaps even more frenetic, Alasia is on her fourth head coach: one at ND, two at Mississippi State and now Kim Stephens at Marshall. Stephens, btw, just joined the Thundering Herd, after a really successful stint at D-II Glenville State, which went 68-4 over the last two seasons and won a national title. Hope the third (team)/fourth (coach) is a charm for Alasia and her sister, Aislynn.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
She seems genuinely happy there. But, unexpected transfer arrivals can have an impact.

Hey Southie, you settin' the skids for some poaching? With an Austin destination? ;)

Reaction Score
This is now Alasia Hayes' third team, after ND and MSU. Perhaps even more frenetic, Alasia is on her fourth head coach: one at ND, two at Mississippi State and now Kim Stephens at Marshall. Stephens, btw, just joined the Thundering Herd, after a really successful stint at D-II Glenville State, which went 68-4 over the last two seasons and won a national title. Hope the third (team)/fourth (coach) is a charm for Alasia and her sister, Aislynn.
Both sisters came to Mississippi State under Coach McCray-Penson as a package with their much more talented sister Annie Hayes. From the beginning it was pretty obvious there was a huge gap in talent between Annie and her sisters. I always applaud players taking a shot at the highest level possible. However they didn’t have the quickness or skill to compete on a P5 team. Unfortunately Annie Hayes set the expectations pretty high on what the other sisters should be able to do. I predict they will both play much more and be much happier with their roles at Marshall.

Reaction Score

Sydney Taylor (UMass) to Louisville

Not a great start for the Pitt coach to miss out on UMass top two players to St. John’s and Louisville.

I believe he’s got either just six or seven players on the roster.

Reaction Score
Not a great start for the Pitt coach to miss out on UMass top two players to St. John’s and Louisville.

I believe he’s got either just six or seven players on the roster.
We graduated 6, and lost 5. Our roster was down to 4 returning players + Love who came in January. So, before the portal, we were sitting at 5 players.

Walz has said he is looking for a roster between 10-12. I’m told the potential for 2 more is there. Obviously this type of roster building is not sustainable. It was the perfect storm, 6 graduating, none coming in and, well, the portal. We’re very guard heavy. Hoping any other gets are big bodies.

I believe we didn’t bring any kids in due to our complete unpreparedness for NIL. Hopefully that is being remedied. But not sure anyone can compare to the money LSU seems to have access to.

Reaction Score
We graduated 6, and lost 5. Our roster was down to 4 returning players + Love who came in January. So, before the portal, we were sitting at 5 players.

Walz has said he is looking for a roster between 10-12. I’m told the potential for 2 more is there. Obviously this type of roster building is not sustainable. It was the perfect storm, 6 graduating, none coming in and, well, the portal. We’re very guard heavy. Hoping any other gets are big bodies.

I believe we didn’t bring any kids in due to our complete unpreparedness for NIL. Hopefully that is being remedied. But not sure anyone can compare to the money LSU seems to have access to.
I wonder who starts for Louisville. Curry, Jefferson & Cochran seem like locks. But with Taylor transferring in, does Walz favor her or Rickards more for SG?

Reaction Score

Walz has said he is looking for a roster between 10-12. I’m told the potential for 2 more is there. Obviously
Not sure it’s obvious yet that this approach can’t work in the longer term. If anyone can make it work, it’s Jeff.
this type of roster building is not sustainable. It was the perfect storm, 6 graduating, none coming in and, well, the portal. We’re very guard heavy. Hoping any other gets are big bodies.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Hey Southie, you settin' the skids for some poaching? With an Austin destination? ;)
Texas (Vic's staff) never recruited Carleigh Wenzel (as far as I know). A couple of years ago when Wenzel listed a group of finalists (Northwestern, Oregon, Arizona State, Florida State, Arizona, and Stanford) for her signature, Texas wasn't one of them, and neither was Virginia Tech. Out of nowhere (it seemed), she makes a verbal commitment to the Hokies as she thought that was the best fit for her.

I'm honestly not sure how good she is and what type of offense is best for her; maybe Iowa State (if she ever leaves Blacksburg).

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Didn't see this coming.

Cant wait til we hold #30 to four points down in Coral Gables.

This thread will be locked and forgotten by the time ACC conference games begin just in case she drops 45

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Big pickup for USC. She started her career at Cal. Had a great career at Harvard.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Seriously? The notcommitted hashtag highlights how absurd this whole process has become.
Well, for some, yes. I can look at dozens of others who have not followed this "pat on my back" approach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom