2023 New school commitments by Transfers | Page 17 | The Boneyard

2023 New school commitments by Transfers

Reaction Score
It may be a while. She has to visit LSU and South Carolina before making her decision.......right? :eek:
1682426766658.png

Reaction Score
Arkansas will be devastated. They were looking at her to replace E Barnum.
Eh, I think devastated is an exaggeration. No doubt they were hoping to land her, but I don't get the impression that they went all in for it. Something was just off about the process, I think. I think she'll do nicely at Auburn, though.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Arkansas will be devastated. They were looking at her to replace E Barnum.
THIS is exactly what I referred to in an earlier post this morning. She left unexpectedly. ALL of the top 100 players coming in this fall from the class of 2023 have committed. Where is the Arkansas coach going to find a replacement at this late date? :eek: Anyone that could possibly help his team this year has already committed.

Reaction Score
Auburn over Arkansas is a little puzzling if it isn't a PT decision.
Agreed, but I sort of think it is. I don't think there is anyone standing in the way of her PT at Auburn. At Arkansas, she has to share time with Dauda and possibly Ellis.

Speaking of Arkansas, Rylee Langerman commits to OK State. They had a lot of guards transfer out, and Rylee's PT prospects were shrinking at Arkansas with the arrival of Scott and the return of Goforth. She's a great kid - hope it works out for her.

Reaction Score
Agreed, but I sort of think it is. I don't think there is anyone standing in the way of her PT at Auburn. At Arkansas, she has to share time with Dauda and possibly Ellis.

Speaking of Arkansas, Rylee Langerman commits to OK State. They had a lot of guards transfer out, and Rylee's PT prospects were shrinking at Arkansas with the arrival of Scott and the return of Goforth. She's a great kid - hope it works out for her.
Great news about Goforth!

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
If I remember correctly she took forever to announce selecting Louisville. I thought the wait left her with slim pickings as to where to go because so many others had already committed. I mean she could have gone anywhere, but the landscape (rosters) had changed by then. LSU sounds reasonable, but why not Indiana? Stanford?
You're right: Team Van Lith did decide on Louisville relatively late in the process when she was in high school.
As for now, I've never heard explicitly what drove her decision to enter the portal, whether it was a chance for a ring or NIL potential (gosh knows it wasn't PT or getting enough touches). So, who knows what is going into her/their decision-making process.

As for the two schools you mentioned:
  • Stanford's entry process is very much taking cues from the admissions office, so her curriculum vitae would be scoured before any white smoke came from the farm; and,
  • Indiana. Hmmm. Is she a good fit there? Sarah Scalia played good soldier last year year coming off the bench, but I'm sure she's ready to regain a starting spot. That's one team-centric approach in Bloomington and Hailey Van Lith was used to being the featured player. She and Coach Moren would probably have some pretty straight talks.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jasmyne Roberts, the wing, will be coming back as Miami's leader per se. If Lattimore can come back and Day-Wilson is given a bit of a leash, this could work....stay tuned.
Missed this reply.

That will be something to watch. Day-Wilson is used to being the leader. Personally I think this is part of why things didn't work out at Duke as it seemed like Taylor emerged as the primary leader of the team.

Dillon77

Reaction Score

Now that's an interesting move. Bollin is a ??? since she's never really had much PT following that high-school ending knee injury. And gosh knows, she didn't get off the bench during the ACC part of Duke's schedule.
I almost thought bringing her aboard would be like taking a flyer: have her get into fighting shape and play some back-up. In this case, she could do it for Kendall Bostic, who has played well for Illinois since transferring from Michigan State. Will be following to see how this plays out.

Reaction Score
Now that's an interesting move. Bollin is a ??? since she's never really had much PT following that high-school ending knee injury. And gosh knows, she didn't get off the bench during the ACC part of Duke's schedule.
I almost thought bringing her aboard would be like taking a flyer: have her get into fighting shape and play some back-up. In this case, she could do it for Kendall Bostic, who has played well for Illinois since transferring from Michigan State. Will be following to see how this plays out.

Was thinking of the Bostic example as well. Plus Illinois just hired Britney Anderson, formerly of Stanford and Virgin Tech. She's had decent success in developing post players from what I've seen.

Reaction Score
You're right: Team Van Lith did decide on Louisville relatively late in the process when she was in high school.
As for now, I've never heard explicitly what drove her decision to enter the portal, whether it was a chance for a ring or NIL potential (gosh knows it wasn't PT or getting enough touches). So, who knows what is going into her/their decision-making process.

• Stanford's entry process is very much taking cues from the admissions office, so her curriculum vitae would be scoured before any white smoke came from the farm; and,
  • Indiana. Hmmm. Is she a good fit there? Sarah Scalia played good soldier last year year coming off the bench, but I'm sure she's ready to regain a starting spot. That's one team-centric approach in Bloomington and Hailey Van Lith was used to being the featured player. She and Coach Moren would probably have some pretty straight talks.

I think I read it on this board, but 1 reason for her to transfer is playing at the next level. She will need to have the ball in her hands and be more of a playmaker. Maybe she believes she would need to go somewhere to get that

Reaction Score

Really like her game. Good size and a bit physical. Redshirt sophomore so 3 years left. I just don't know what Collen is going to do with all this talent.

Potential starters
1. Jada Walker
2. Sarah Andrews
3. Aijha Blackwell
4. Darianna Littlepage Buggs
5. Dre'una Edwards

Bench
1. Yaya Felder
2. Denae Fritz
3. Ysabella Fontleroy
4. Madison Bartley
5. Letycia Vasconcelos

Jana Van Gytenbeek

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Collen is a good recruiter. I have to give it to her. She’s done a much better job at Baylor than how Mississippi State was left after such a drastic coaching change

Reaction Score

The longer she waits, the less perfect the fit. And for sure there would be conversations to be had.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

I listened to her podcast with Haley Jones the other day (from a couple of months ago). She mentioned what she liked about Louisville initially was that Walz allows a lot of freedom offensively and that she’d play in front of big crowds. If that rationale still holds true, I’d think LSU is the clear fit with Morris graduating, plus Baylor was her #2 choice coming out of HS.

Stanford would be a surprise IMO, though they’d be a title contender with her and Brink. Neither Stanford or Indiana allows the same freedom that Kim gave Morris last year, but I could see either program making it work with Hailey Van Lith.

Side note, but I wouldn’t be shocked if Rogers/Owusu are both wanting to go to LSU but Kim has Hailey Van Lith as the priority, so if Hailey Van Lith declares elsewhere then one of those 2 will commit shortly after.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Some discussion about this player when she first joined the portal, given her size and relative lack of bigs. Looked like she decided to stay in California.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom