2023 New school commitments by Transfers | Page 13 | The Boneyard

2023 New school commitments by Transfers

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

If you think about how a player's strengths match another team's modus operandi, well, I can't think of a match made more in Heaven than this one. Taylor is a Tasmanian Devil of a defender and how she'll join the scarlett and grey waves of Greene, Harris and, of course, Sheldon.

OSU will miss Mikesell's uncanny accuracy, but perhaps Taylor's three-pt. shooting will pick up off open looks caused by the defensive pressure.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Is this a surprise? Wasn’t she supposed to follow a coach to another school?
Was that possibly the "unforeseen circumstance" that she referred to in her message?
(Or something else?) Also, c'mon Team Taylor...a little proofreading from the Duke Graduate. You're going to "grad" school, not grade school.

Reaction Score
Was that possibly the "unforeseen circumstance" that she referred to in her message?
(Or something else?) Also, c'mon Team Taylor...a little proofreading from the Duke Graduate. You're going to "grad" school, not grade school.
I noticed that as well about Taylor’s message, but mom told me to keep my pie hole shut, if I didn’t have anything good to say. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

Obviously not perfect matches, but Hokies seemed to get their Traylor replacement = Ekh, Soule replacement = Micheaux, and Gregg replacement = Summiel.

Not a surprise they didn't go hard after the big names after the Owusu, but focused on fit.

This is a Final 4 level team next season.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Obviously not perfect matches, but Hokies seemed to get their Traylor replacement = Ekh, Soule replacement = Micheaux, and Gregg replacement = Summiel.

Not a surprise they didn't go hard after the big names after the Owusu, but focused on fit.

This is a Final 4 level team next season.

I pull for the Turkeys, but don't want to be looking up at them in the standings next season. Looks like that might be a strong possibility.

Dillon77

Reaction Score

One of Mark Campbell's core group at Sacramento State. I'm a bit surprised he didn't go after her.
Not quite under the radar, but solid pick-up for an NC State team that could use some good personnel news.

Reaction Score

I like it. Just hope she gets to expand her came and is not just a 3pt shooter. I think Brooks has decided to put the ball in Amore's hands 90 percent of the time and trust in her shot selection and decision making. I actually think that decision is also related to why Owusu was not given any minutes. Ekh has been a proven shooter but I think she's a capable ball handler and has good size.
I also was looking forward to seeing their red shirt freshman carleigh wenzel get time. She was like a top 50 recruit. Hopefully they use their bench more next season.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Redshirt freshman shooter Carleigh Wenzel gonna have a hard time seeing the court (again) at Virginia Tech. Will be curious to see if she sticks around another year after these recent transfer additions.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Redshirt freshman shooter Carleigh Wenzel gonna have a hard time seeing the court (again) at Virginia Tech. Will be curious to see if she sticks around another year after these recent transfer additions.
I also was looking forward to seeing their red shirt freshman carleigh wenzel get time. She was like a top 50 recruit. Hopefully they use their bench more next season. - @jdote33

Wenzel redshirted last season, no? Looks like Brooks pulled a Walz and decided to pull a transfer over her.
On one hand, will Wenzel exit stage left? Or, on the other hand, she could back up both Ekh and/or King coming off the bench as a 6'0" guard. Brooks hasn't used a lot of people; maybe he'll change his tune a bit and give her minutes.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I also was looking forward to seeing their red shirt freshman carleigh wenzel get time. She was like a top 50 recruit. Hopefully they use their bench more next season. - @jdote33

Wenzel redshirted last season, no? Looks like Brooks pulled a Walz and decided to pull a transfer over her.
On one hand, will Wenzel exit stage left? Or, on the other hand, she could back up both Ekh and/or King coming off the bench as a 6'0" guard. Brooks hasn't used a lot of people; maybe he'll change his tune a bit and give her minutes.
She seems genuinely happy there. But, unexpected transfer arrivals can have an impact.

Reaction Score
Wow. Very interesting. I like it a lot. Super quick point in sherod, paired with some shooters and vonleh in the inside. Good pick up buffalos

As long as Nolan isn't streaky and avoids her tendency to commit fouls at inconvenient times during games. That's been what I've noticed in her style of play. Will be interesting to see her in the PAC12.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
As long as Nolan isn't streaky and avoids her tendency to commit fouls at inconvenient times during games. That's been what I've noticed in her style of play. Will be interesting to see her in the PAC12.
Maybe she wants to learn to downhill ski, too. :rolleyes::)

Agree that she can help Buffalos if she can stay out of fou trouble and stay focused.

Reaction Score
How many transfers is Louisville taking?
With Jeff…
mean girls lindsey lohan GIF

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom