2023 New school commitments by Transfers | Page 22 | The Boneyard

2023 New school commitments by Transfers

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
It makes sense that Endyia was gonna pick a school where she could be a starter; need minutes to show the pro scouts your talents. She might have wanted LSU prior to Hailey Van Lith becoming Mulkey's known target; but, then it became time for Plan B. Of the transfers A&M has added, she will be the likeliest to crack the starting lineup and make an impact immediately.

Reaction Score
It makes sense that Endyia was gonna pick a school where she could be a starter; need minutes to show the pro scouts your talents. She might have wanted LSU prior to Hailey Van Lith becoming Mulkey's known target; but, then it became time for Plan B. Of the transfers A&M has added, she will be the likeliest to crack the starting lineup and make an impact immediately.
Endiya is very good. A stud in my book. I think she's from Texas as well. I really like the pickup. SEC is tough....

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
There isn’t. The final date for immediate eligibility is May 11.
From a recent Fansided piece:

"There’s a “window” for the time for players to officially enter the NCAA Basketball transfer portal for the different sports seasons, with winter athletes (basketball), having 60 days to enter after the conclusion of the regular-season/conference tournaments. So for the men and women, the deadline would be May 11th. Anyone who enters during this period will be able to become immediately eligible if it’s their first time transferring. Anyone who enters afterward will have to apply for a waiver, something that isn’t guaranteed by the NCAA. Grad students are exempt from this rule so veterans can move at any time."

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
Joni Taylor/Chelsea Newton are a force on the recruiting trail, and have been for a while. They got 3 top 100 players coming in as freshmen too.

Reaction Score
Joni Taylor/Chelsea Newton are a force on the recruiting trail, and have been for a while. They got 3 top 100 players coming in as freshmen too.
A&M out portaling Texas , Baylor and Tennessee this year was something i did not expect. Coach Taylor is proving her 1 mil worth salary i guess , but can she put it all together ?

Reaction Score
A&M out portaling Texas , Baylor and Tennessee this year was something i did not expect. Coach Taylor is proving her 1 mil worth salary i guess , but can she put it all together ?

I read that Texas only has 2 scholarships available. So I don't think Texas should be on the list

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
It might change every year or so. but how is Texas Tech a significant player in the transfer portal market this off season? I'm scratching my head over that one.

Reaction Score
It might change every year or so. but how is Texas Tech a significant player in the transfer portal market this off season? I'm scratching my head over that one.
Every incoming player gets a $25,000 salary. That would be the starting point, I suspect.

Reaction Score

Texas Tech or Texas A&M? I don't recall seeing any recent announcements for Texas Tech, but I could have missed them.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Texas Tech or Texas A&M? I don't recall seeing any recent announcements for Texas Tech, but I could have missed them.
Both have gotten a handful. A&M w/ the more high profile players, but I think Tech has added some pieces that can help them.

Reaction Score
How do you pay a $25k salary? I’ve heard that is what is happening at LSU, but much higher numbers. Is it because it is completely unregulated. I honestly don’t understand how this is happening. I think I understand where the money is coming from ( for LSU players) but how do you pay a flat fee? That is not NIL that is pay to play.

On our premium board it has been stated that we are not involved w/Spear because she is asking for a minimum of $100k.

I’m all for NIL. What I’m not for is pay to play. Make it make sense.

Reaction Score
How do you pay a $25k salary? I’ve heard that is what is happening at LSU, but much higher numbers. Is it because it is completely unregulated. I honestly don’t understand how this is happening. I think I understand where the money is coming from ( for LSU players) but how do you pay a flat fee? That is not NIL that is pay to play.

On our premium board it has been stated that we are not involved w/Spear because she is asking for a minimum of $100k.

geez. thats very interesting.

Reaction Score

This explains it..

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
This explains it..
What are the players actually doing though? NIL from my understanding is when players work with companies to promote products and earn money that way. I spot checked a couple of IG accounts from Tech players and saw no mention anywhere of Matador Club. Matador Club itself is a non profit that specifically focuses on helping out Texas Tech athletes.

Reaction Score
I agree it’s completely out of hand if any of these rumors are true of these kids asking for certain amounts to come to the school. I think as a coach if you are putting these recruits in contact with certain sponsors who offer a huge NIL package that you are playing with fire. I’m fine with a whole team getting a deal if criteria is met meaning they do the work (social media posts, appearances, etc). But if you are bringing in a recruit and they get offered more than players on your roster then eventually it’s going to breed resentment.
Spear only has 4600 followers. Aneesah Morrow entered the portal with less than 4000 but her following has grown to 11,000 but still no where near many WBB players. The players who should get big deals are ones that have built up their followers to where their social media presence reaches far more than that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom