2023 New school commitments by Transfers | Page 23 | The Boneyard

2023 New school commitments by Transfers

Reaction Score
What are the players actually doing though? NIL from my understanding is when players work with companies to promote products and earn money that way. I spot checked a couple of IG accounts from Tech players and saw no mention anywhere of Matador Club. Matador Club itself is a non profit that specifically focuses on helping out Texas Tech athletes.
They should be putting THEIR money and time where their mouths are. The whole premise of NIL was that players had some marketing value and were not profiting from that value. OK...green light. Make your money. Leave the schools and their activities...primarily out of it. Don't ask money from schools (you're already on scholarship), or advice on who to approach...other than who NOT to approach. NIL cannot be a recruiting tool. It's supposed to benefit the players.

Reaction Score
I’m fine with schools have NIL departments to help young people understand the deals and requirements of those deals, but it has to be kept out of recruiting. You should not be able to meet with anyone wanting to give you a deal until after you have signed. Problem is there is no way to really police that and that is why we have the mess we are in. I really think you should have to play for a school for a year before deals are made. I doubt many would be promised any large deals a year in advance.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Your responses are exactly my point.

I absolutely support NIL, in theory. Hailey Van Lith was a case in point. She has an agent and they define/found deals for her. She had a couple National brand deals ( Dicks and JCPenny’s). Love it, that is what I thought NIL is supposed to be. The onus is on the SA to market themselves.

With the NCAA refusing to deal with the issue, it appears we have already entered pay to play scenarios. It is what I have been hearing from AAU coaches I have contact with, and the Spear info comes off our Premium board from the owner of that board. Not a fan. The primary journalist that covers athletics. So, it certainly carries more weight than hearing it from fans.

This version of NIL I am not a fan of. Maybe regulations will come into play and the pendulum will swing back toward what we all think NIL is supposed to be. But until that happens, the current system is rotten.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
1683214979176.png

Reaction Score
Hey @YoDore !!!!
I think this should be a great fit. For one thing, she played on the Philadelphia Rise team with Vandy's rising sophomore Ryanne Allen. That tells me two things: Allen gave her high marks as a teammate and Allen is happy at Vandy.

Pissott just was never able to find her place on coach Harper's squad. I was surprised she didn't play her more to give her a chance to find that rhythm. I think with transfers Rickea Jackson, Jasmine Franklin and Hollingshead to contend with on the wing and in the post, Harper just got boxed in a little bit with the logistics of dishing out playing time. The freshman wound up with the short end of the stick. To her credit, Pissott never seemed to show signs of discontent. I'm sure many Lady Vol fans will immediately start the "she was never good enough to play here anyway" refrain, but I think she can be a huge help to coach Ralph and Vandy. I think she could be a huge help to a lot of teams, including the Lady Vols if given more opportunity.

I think this is easily Shea's top recruiting coup so far. Fingers crossed it's the first of many.

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Hopefully she has already packed up and moved out of Knoxville before this was announced. :eek:
This was my one "out-of-the-box" thoughst for ND: convince Pissot to come to South Bend and apprentice/back up Maddy Westbeld for a year, then take over for Maddy when she turns pro. Well, that was some seriously misguided wishful thinking :rolleyes:

This is probably Coach Shea Ralph's highest-ranked incoming player, right? Perhaps it can serve as an impetus for both she and Pissot. As noted, Shea might want to put Justine is player protection for awhile. :cool:;)

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I believe Taiyier Parks from Michigan State has transferred to Ohio State. I wonder if this is the "athletic post player" the insider mentioned back when speculation of Celeste going to OSU was. OSU desperately needs another big body who can rebound and defend in the post. I haven't seen much of her game but she is a Grad Transfer.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I believe Taiyier Parks from Michigan State has transferred to Ohio State. I wonder if this is the "athletic post player" the insider mentioned back when speculation of Celeste going to OSU was. OSU desperately needs another big body who can rebound and defend in the post. I haven't seen much of her game but she is a Grad Transfer.

Parks and "athletic post player" doesn't jive from what I recall of her play. She definitely is a big body, but her motor is inconsistent. If she is going to OSU, she also has to be more disciplined when defending. She can be reckless which gets her into foul trouble.

If OSU can get her to focus and be consistent, she'll be a good addition.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Parks and "athletic post player" doesn't jive from what I recall of her play. She definitely is a big body, but her motor is inconsistent. If she is going to OSU, she also has to be more disciplined when defending. She can be reckless which gets her into foul trouble.

If OSU can get her to focus and be consistent, she'll be a good addition.
Yeah...I didn't think it sounded correct. But the only game I really watched was a MSU Big Ten tourney game and I think she fouled out both times? I don't see her being a big minute player, but even if it's just to switch up looks and give Walker/Mikulasikova a breather.

Reaction Score
This was my one "out-of-the-box" thoughst for ND: convince Pissot to come to South Bend and apprentice/back up Maddy Westbeld for a year, then take over for Maddy when she turns pro. Well, that was some seriously misguided wishful thinking :rolleyes:

This is probably Coach Shea Ralph's highest-ranked incoming player, right? Perhaps it can serve as an impetus for both she and Pissot. As noted, Shea might want to put Justine is player protection for awhile. :cool:;)
Also she now has an opportunity to graduate from a school that is stronger in academics. ND could have provided that opportunity too.

Reaction Score
Yeah...I didn't think it sounded correct. But the only game I really watched was a MSU Big Ten tourney game and I think she fouled out both times? I don't see her being a big minute player, but even if it's just to switch up looks and give Walker/Mikulasikova a breather.

Will be interesting to see her take on a reduced role if this is the case. Also will be interesting to see how she is used offensively as I don't recall Walker and Mikulasikova living in the paint exclusively.

Has this been announced officially? Haven't seen anything confirming this.

Reaction Score
Hopefully she has already packed up and moved out of Knoxville before this was announced. :eek:
I think they are celebrating in knoxville or will be shortly if Jewel Spears most recent follows on IG signify anything as she now follows the entire UT team and staff as of today trainer and reporters included . #FearTheSpear

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Will be interesting to see her take on a reduced role if this is the case. Also will be interesting to see how she is used offensively as I don't recall Walker and Mikulasikova living in the paint exclusively.

Has this been announced officially? Haven't seen anything confirming this.
I first saw just on instagram. But have since seen "elevenwarriors" post about it. Ohio State Women's Basketball Adds Former Michigan State Forward Taiyier Parks From Transfer Portal

She may have a bigger role than what I'm expecting. But I just think Walker being in the lineup made OSU more dynamic as Mikulasikova somewhat fell off near the end. But this gives them another big body who hopefully can get rebounds and maybe won't miss so many bunnies.

I do think the "athletic post" that one poster for OSU was referring to was Lauren Ware. Not sure if she ever visited though.

Reaction Score
How do you pay a $25k salary? I’ve heard that is what is happening at LSU, but much higher numbers. Is it because it is completely unregulated. I honestly don’t understand how this is happening. I think I understand where the money is coming from ( for LSU players) but how do you pay a flat fee? That is not NIL that is pay to play.

On our premium board it has been stated that we are not involved w/Spear because she is asking for a minimum of $100k.

I’m all for NIL. What I’m not for is pay to play. Make it make sense.

From the second that it was allowed, NIL was inevitably going to end up at pay to play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom