2023 Giants | Page 15 | The Boneyard

2023 Giants

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Nope check the Giants offensive numbers none are close. Pats move the ball occasionally only to throw a pick or fumble Giants go 3 and out no chance to throw a pick :D
It seems the Giants utterly failed at the task at hand. Maybe that’s good. There are two stud OT prospects around the 5-6 spots and pairing them with Jones is probably a better use of resources than rolling the dice on a QB.

Reaction Score
It seems the Giants utterly failed at the task at hand. Maybe that’s good. There are two stud OT prospects around the 5-6 spots and pairing them with Jones is probably a better use of resources than rolling the dice on a QB.
No. Jones just ain’t it. Devito just threw more passing TDs in this game than DJ had all season. We need a QB.

Reaction Score
Jones might have to retire. If a franchise qb isn’t there in rd 1 you don’t take a qb for the sake of taking one, you take MHJ or one of the tackles someone you won’t have a chance of getting in rd 2 and the Giants have 2 2nd picks.

I’m kind of losing some faith in Caleb Williams not talking to the media after the loss the other day that will not fly in NY and in NFL locker rooms.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It was a despicable display by the Commanders. For the second time this year, they made the Giants' Defense look like the '85 Bears, and allowed a subpar back up QB, this time undrafted, look like Joe Montana. Rivera and Del Rio should be locked out of the complex this morning.

Jones might have to retire. If a franchise qb isn’t there in rd 1 you don’t take a qb for the sake of taking one, you take MHJ or one of the tackles someone you won’t have a chance of getting in rd 2 and the Giants have 2 2nd picks.

I’m kind of losing some faith in Caleb Williams not talking to the media after the loss the other day that will not fly in NY and in NFL locker rooms.

I'm not sure what Jones retiring has to do with possibly selecting a 1st round QB. I doubt Jones is going to retire, but he may have started his last game for the Giants and is probably not playing for the them in 2025. Whoever the Giants pick at QB in the draft should also come with a mid level free agent. The rookie should marinate in the system for a bit and Jones, if he returns from the ACL by the end of the season, should be a $47 million tackling dummy. The Giants may not win many games next year either, but they'd be set up for 2025.

Reaction Score
Based on the schedules of the other bottom feeders, if the Giants end the season with only 3 wins the worst pick they could have is 3rd.

The Patriots are favored coming into Giants Stadium this weekend. My worry is for the second week in a row the Giants will have the best QB on the field.

Big takeaway from yesterday is Riveria needs to go, not that this is breaking news. Daboll coached circles around him. Oh, and Howell stinks.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
How is everyone on the Giants side enjoying the Tank Bowl. Two Toilet offenses battling to see who can bring home the L.

Reaction Score
How is everyone on the Giants side enjoying the Tank Bowl. Two Toilet offenses battling to see who can bring home the L.
Ready for the Giants to win this game and set their franchise back another decade

Reaction Score
Hahaha the pats wasted a 4th on a kicker who can't kick for his life. But @HuskyHawk still defends I guess when you want to lose drafting horrible players is smart

Reaction Score
Of course lol, it’s what it is. Well Devito probably earned himself life changing $$$, good for him.

Reaction Score
Of course lol, it’s what it is. Well Devito probably earned himself life changing $$$, good for him.

DeVito I think has shown he can be a competent back up. Good for him I’m happy for the kid!

Reaction Score
there's hope yet - 3 5-6 teams and the Eagles twice to close the season
Even if they lose every game the rest of the season they're probably not getting higher than 4th or 5th. Especially when they've beaten 3 of the 5 teams ahead of them

Reaction Score
You know what, I entered Sunday with a very indifferent feeling about the game and the rest of the season, but once I heard The Sopranos theme music during Tommy Devito's entrance, I was like forget this let's have fun and win this game.

Honestly, Devito has played exactly how I would expect a backup QB to play: flawed, but is managing the game well and has some moments of wow. Shout out to the Devito>Hyatt connection. Watching Hyatt catch some deep passes, there is certainly a lot of OBJ in his game.

My 12 year old nephew keeps asking me if I want the Giants to tank...I keep telling him it's just Week 12 and it's wayyyy to early to root for losses just to get a better draft pick.

Screen Shot 2023-11-27 at 7.01.09 AM.jpg

Reaction Score
You know what, I entered Sunday with a very indifferent feeling about the game and the rest of the season, but once I heard The Sopranos theme music during Tommy Devito's entrance, I was like forget this let's have fun and win this game.

Honestly, Devito has played exactly how I would expect a backup QB to play: flawed, but is managing the game well and has some moments of wow. Shout out to the Devito>Hyatt connection. Watching Hyatt catch some deep passes, there is certainly a lot of OBJ in his game.

My 12 year old nephew keeps asking me if I want the Giants to tank...I keep telling him it's just Week 12 and it's wayyyy to early to root for losses just to get a better draft pick.

View attachment 93443

I appreciate and respect your view especially when discussing with a 12 year old fan. But the only reason they won the last 2 is because the other 2 teams were dreadful. The Packers are playing better, the Saints are in a race and the Rams have bounced back as well. The Eagles twice we have no shot.

4-13 is fine with me and I am rooting for that. The best player we can get the better for this franchise at this point because we are so far from winning again.

Reaction Score
Agreed but is that player a QB, OLine or run stuffing Dline?

Get a QB with the same line, 4-13 again. Need way too many other things. Not sure of Jones being back on time or not but you won’t be any good without improving 5-6 sacks a game period. OL, DL (Lawrence needs help) and LBers needed.

Reaction Score
delusional Season ticket holders'er here.... we're only 2 games out!! tommy cutlets on MNF is going to have major hype lets keep the momentum going

Reaction Score
has to be embarrassing to pats fans to get flexed out of mnf against the Chiefs...only to see the gmen and packers play in the same slot. (Good)

Reaction Score
This site is gathering cobwebs. Packers get a big break because the officials don't even know their own rules. it doesn't matter Devito is way off on his passes. They can't win if he doesn't get those passes lower.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom