2023 Giants | Page 14 | The Boneyard

2023 Giants

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
So pass on two QBs who are widely considered to be better than anyone coming jnto the draft next year so we can trade up and draft a lesser prospect in 2025. Cool. Good thing your not a GM
If the Jets were told today that they could trade Zach Wilson straight up for Jamarr Chase how would they respond?

I'll go back to my comment on top five QBs over the past dozen years. Please, tell me the success rate.

Please explain why you believe Caleb Williams is a better NFL prospect than Marvin Harrison jr. If you prefer Maye, please explain why you have him rated above Harrison jr.

Reaction Score
If the Jets were told today that they could trade Zach Wilson straight up for Jamarr Chase how would they respond?

I'll go back to my comment on top five QBs over the past dozen years. Please, tell me the success rate.

Please explain why you believe Caleb Williams is a better NFL prospect than Marvin Harrison jr. If you prefer Maye, please explain why you have him rated above Harrison jr.
If the Bengals were told today that they could trade Joe Burrow straight up for Jerry Juedy how would they respond?

If the Jags were told today that they could trade Trevor Lawrence straight up for Jamar Chase how would they respond?

Your idea that Williams or Maye won't be an NFL franchise QB because of the success rate of previous top 5 QBs is quite simply idiotic.

But considering you said you would rather pass up using your own pick to draft Williams or Maye to trade up to take a QB like Sheadur Sanders in 2025 I am not surprised.

Oh, and here is the QBs taken in the top 5 the last 5 years. Lawrence, Burrow, Young, Stroud, Wilson, Lance, and Tua. 4 no doubt franchise QB.

Reaction Score
Watching this team I have no clue what direction they need to go they need so much. Jones won’t be back for beginning of the year so you almost have to get one anyway. But I feel really bad for any QB coming to this team with that offensive line, offensive coordinator and now I’m afraid head coach. They can all go start from scratch nothing is anything but an embarrassment.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
ers (who happened If the Bengals were told today that they could trade Joe Burrow straight up for Jerry Juedy how would they respond?

If the Jags were told today that they could trade Trevor Lawrence straight up for Jamar Chase how would they respond?

Your idea that Williams or Maye won't be an NFL franchise QB because of the success rate of previous top 5 QBs is quite simply idiotic.

But considering you said you would rather pass up using your own pick to draft Williams or Maye to trade up to take a QB like Sheadur Sanders in 2025 I am not surprised.

Oh, and here is the QBs taken in the top 5 the last 5 years. Lawrence, Burrow, Young, Stroud, Wilson, Lance, and Tua. 4 no doubt franchise QB.
Are you a child?

The Bengals had every opportunity to select Juedy over Burrow. The Jags had every opportunity to select Chase over Lawrence, followed by the Jets, then the 49ers (who paid a king's ransom for that pick).

When did I ever say I wanted Shadeur Sanders?

On the track record of early picks: a) I was accused of cherry picking (by Navery) when I pointed out the success (more accurately failure) rate of early pick QB's. Over the time frame that I mentioned, you selected (cherry picked may be more accurate) the only two who don't fall into either the category of failure or the jury is still out.

First question for you: How many Lincoln Riley QB's have been picked early in recent drafts?
Next question: How many of the above don't qualify as failures?
Additional question: Caleb Williams is being developed by who?

You posted that Williams and Maye are widely considered better than anyone coming into the draft next year. In and around Veteran's Day 2018 how many then senior QB's were widely considered better than Joe Burrow?

When he entered the draft with eligibility remaining, Patrick Mahomes was given a third round grade by the panel that reviews early entrants and advised by them (and many teams) to return to school to try to improve his draft grade. When the Chiefs traded (with a team that needed a QB) and selected him, many criticized the move. The experts don't have quite the expertise at evaluating QB's as they do at other positions.

The reality is that there is more reason to believe that Williams and Maye will not end up being anything than there is to believe they will. In all candor, a pick as high as what we will have in the first round next spring needs to hit at a 95+% rate. QBs selected that high aren't hitting at 40%

Tell me, what is it about your evaluation of either Williams or Maye that tells you he will be top tier QB? From what I've read, you have a strong belief that at least one will be a star. to be a top pick, I would imagine that the player needs to project to be a star.

Next question: For the sake of argument, let's say we can't beat the Patriots when we play them and end up picking third (after Chicago, with Carolina's pick and Arizona). Also, for the sake of argument, let's say Arizona puts their pick up for auction (we can assume they still believe in Murray) and Chicago decides to select the QB you do not prefer (out of Williams and Maye). Would you try to work out a trade with Arizona and what would you offer? Please be realistic in this as teams tend to throw quite a bit of draft capital to move up one or two spots to pick a QB.

Reaction Score
I like Jayden Daniels a lot too he isn’t Burrow but a bit of that Burrow moxie he will shoot up the draft board. If a franchise qb is there you have to take him now if they miss out on one of the top guys you don’t take a qb for the sake of taking one it’s how we missed out on taking Micah Parsons after the Eagles traded up for Devante Smith we chose Kaddarius Toney as a reaction move, you could still land a qb in rd 2 we have 2 2nd rd picks.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score

Four?

Lawrence, without question. I wanted him from halfway through his freshman year at Clemson.

Burrow, yes (although nobody would have believed this until his last year at LSU). When he beat Bama (a loaded Bama team) he showed something, the ability to rise critical spots, something very few can do.

Tua, maybe. Jury is still out. I'm rooting for the kid, and he is in an excellent situation to excel, but he hasn't yet reached the no doubt level.

Stroud, very possible (still don't know why he wasn't the first pick last year). I really liked his guts when they almost beat Georgia. He did have quite a few brain fart moments throughout his collegiate career and he still has quite a bit to do to become a no doubt franchise QB but it can happen.

Young? He'll need beyond an ideal situation just to reach good results.

Wilson, Lance. well.....

Even if it does reach four, that would be a 57% success rate. I'm not sure that would fly anywhere other than football when teams are taking shots in the dark to land a QB.

Reaction Score
Are you a child?

The Bengals had every opportunity to select Juedy over Burrow. The Jags had every opportunity to select Chase over Lawrence, followed by the Jets, then the 49ers (who paid a king's ransom for that pick).

When did I ever say I wanted Shadeur Sanders?

On the track record of early picks: a) I was accused of cherry picking (by Navery) when I pointed out the success (more accurately failure) rate of early pick QB's. Over the time frame that I mentioned, you selected (cherry picked may be more accurate) the only two who don't fall into either the category of failure or the jury is still out.

First question for you: How many Lincoln Riley QB's have been picked early in recent drafts?
Next question: How many of the above don't qualify as failures?
Additional question: Caleb Williams is being developed by who?

You posted that Williams and Maye are widely considered better than anyone coming into the draft next year. In and around Veteran's Day 2018 how many then senior QB's were widely considered better than Joe Burrow?

When he entered the draft with eligibility remaining, Patrick Mahomes was given a third round grade by the panel that reviews early entrants and advised by them (and many teams) to return to school to try to improve his draft grade. When the Chiefs traded (with a team that needed a QB) and selected him, many criticized the move. The experts don't have quite the expertise at evaluating QB's as they do at other positions.

The reality is that there is more reason to believe that Williams and Maye will not end up being anything than there is to believe they will. In all candor, a pick as high as what we will have in the first round next spring needs to hit at a 95+% rate. QBs selected that high aren't hitting at 40%

Tell me, what is it about your evaluation of either Williams or Maye that tells you he will be top tier QB? From what I've read, you have a strong belief that at least one will be a star. to be a top pick, I would imagine that the player needs to project to be a star.

Next question: For the sake of argument, let's say we can't beat the Patriots when we play them and end up picking third (after Chicago, with Carolina's pick and Arizona). Also, for the sake of argument, let's say Arizona puts their pick up for auction (we can assume they still believe in Murray) and Chicago decides to select the QB you do not prefer (out of Williams and Maye). Would you try to work out a trade with Arizona and what would you offer? Please be realistic in this as teams tend to throw quite a bit of draft capital to move up one or two spots to pick a QB.
I am glad you base your opinions on things like Lincoln Riley QBs and QB draft success rate as opposed to looking at the actual player. I am sure the Chiefs wished they did the same with Texas Tech QBs.

Your for argument sake does not even make sense. If the Giants lose out they will pick 1 or 2. Period. I also made it perfectly clear to you that if you are in position with your pick to draft Williams or Maye you do it, especially over the ridiculous idea of drafting a WR and then next year trading up and giving away picks in a terrible QB class. Also, the fact you could say you want to trade up into the top 5 for a QB next year but babble on and on about QBs lack of success rate drafted in the top 5 is a special kind of special.

Maye, who has been running an NFL offense at UNC, has incredible accuracy in making down field throws. His ability to attack the intermediate and the vertical outside the numbers is a perfect for the Daboll offense and is similar to what Josh Allen does. He is also very athletics and does a great job of creating and improvising under pressure and when the pocket collapse. Go watch the Pitt game from this year. Incredible display of arm strength, accuracy, and mobility.

Or here watch these throws someone nicely complied into a tweet. 2 from the Pitt game I referenced. https://twitter.com/j_rosen12/status/1723742309118775613?s=20

You have not been able to articulate anything other than drafting a QB early is a crapshoot. Yea obviously, but that should not stop a team from taking one if they believe they are franchise QB.

Reaction Score
Can’t trot out Devito again next week, have to at least look like you’re trying to win.

Reaction Score
Can’t trot out Devito again next week, have to at least look like you’re trying to win.
2 tds, garbage tds gets Devito another start, but should play Barkley at least to get Hyatt some actual NFL routes.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What are you even talking about?

The giants have the 3rd pick right now and are starting Tommy Devito. Are you under some assumption this team is going to win more than 1 game from here on out? At this rate the Giants will have a top 2 pick and can draft Maye or Williams without all that other nonsense you wrote about.
You do have to play the Patriots. So that might be one.

Reaction Score
You do have to play the Patriots. So that might be one.

Nah that offense is so much better than ours. And our defense seems to have lost their zest for football. 2 wins is all the GMen are getting.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Nah that offense is so much better than ours. And our defense seems to have lost their zest for football. 2 wins is all the GMen are getting.
The Pats offense is as bad as any. The defense is better than the Giants’ is through.

Reaction Score
Would we really want Caleb Williams as our qb, I say he’ll ya but crying in your moms arms is a bit of a red flag, I just hope he would be able to handle NY.

Reaction Score
The Pats offense is as bad as any. The defense is better than the Giants’ is through.

Nope check the Giants offensive numbers none are close. Pats move the ball occasionally only to throw a pick or fumble Giants go 3 and out no chance to throw a pick :D

Reaction Score
Would we really want Caleb Williams as our qb, I say he’ll ya but crying in your moms arms is a bit of a red flag, I just hope he would be able to handle NY.
Yes

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom