2023 Giants | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2023 Giants

Reaction Score
Sam Howell has taken so many sacks because of how long he holds onto the ball and fails to throw it away. Do me favor and look at time in the pocket. Of starting QBs Howell has had the 8th most time in the pocket in the league. He has taken over 10 sacks with longer than 5 seconds in the pocket which is more than double any other QB. Jones is 30th in pocket time.

This is like you saying Tyrod playing 1 full drive down 16 at the end of the 4th against a prevent D looked better than Jones.

We know you hate Jones, that and "Darnay Holmes stinks" are your two main postings. But come on.
Tyrod 1 full drive nearly as many passing yards as DJ.

Here are some stats for you:

177 Passing ypg.
4% interception rate, 33/34 QBs
28th in QBR.
34/34 in Passer rating
7 turnovers, 6 interceptions.
2 Completions over 30 yards.
0 first half touchdowns.

The offense is out scoring the defense a whopping 12-7 in the first half of the first 5 games.

Don’t say the line. I have confirmed that for you, the line is terrible. Is DJ also playing very poorly, or is he playing fine?

Reaction Score
Tyrod 1 full drive nearly as many passing yards as DJ.

Here are some stats for you:

177 Passing ypg.
4% interception rate, 33/34 QBs
28th in QBR.
34/34 in Passer rating
7 turnovers, 6 interceptions.
2 Completions over 30 yards.
0 first half touchdowns.

The offense is out scoring the defense a whopping 12-7 in the first half of the first 5 games.

Don’t say the line. I have confirmed that for you, the line is terrible. Is DJ also playing very poorly, or is he playing fine?
No one said Jones was playing well.

My post was that comparing Howell's and Jones' sack numbers to equate their situations to be similar was stupid. And it was. But thanks for proving my point about your inability to post about anything other than Jones and Darnay Holmes.

Reaction Score
No one said Jones was playing well.

My post was that comparing Howell's and Jones' sack numbers to equate their situations to be similar was stupid. And it was. But thanks for proving my point about your inability to post about anything other than Jones and Darnay Holmes.
Well, we are talking about Jones…So i’m gonna post about him. You haven’t said one negative word about him yet, so I wanted to make sure we were watching the same games.

The Commanders have a terrible O line too. I was equating the play of the QBs behind said lines. Would you say Howell has played better or worse than DJ this season?

Also, i’m confused on if you are defending Darnay? Weird mountain to die on if so.

Reaction Score
Well, we are talking about Jones…So i’m gonna post about him. You haven’t said one negative word about him yet, so I wanted to make sure we were watching the same games.

The Commanders have a terrible O line too. I was equating the play of the QBs behind said lines. Would you say Howell has played better or worse than DJ this season?

Also, i’m confused on if you are defending Darnay? Weird mountain to die on if so.
Per PFF Commanders OL rank is 13th in the league (prior to last week). I will let you guess where the Giants are ranked. Again, bad comparison, situations are not equal, in fact they are drastically different. Using Sam Howell's sacks number without seeing it as indictment on Howell is very telling and clearly based on not watching the games. There is a reason why Washington's sack numbers are so high but their pressure rate % is relatively low. Oh and Howell is the 23rd graded QB on PFF and Jones is 21st.

On Sept 23rd I posted that Jones has been bad. No one could say otherwise, but if you think he is the sole reason they are 1-5 then you are more lost than I thought. Giants have so many issues, QB play is one, but its the only one other than Darnay Holmes you ever mention. Its odd.

Oh, and obviously Holmes stinks, but again, it such an odd thing to stick too when the defense this year and last had a 100 larger problems then a back up nickel corner.

Reaction Score

Oh and to add to this laughable take, here is a fantasy related write up on this weeks Commanders' game: "quarterback Sam Howell is also creating a floor for all fantasy defenses with his propensity to take sacks. The offensive line has allowed a below-average 36.2% pressure rate (22nd) to this point in the season, but Howell has turned 34.1% of his pressures into sacks, easily leading the league and nearly double the league-average pressure-to-sack rate of 19.8%. And this was with the team allowing zero sacks on 60 Week 5 dropbacks."

Reaction Score
Per PFF Commanders OL rank is 13th in the league (prior to last week). I will let you guess where the Giants are ranked. Again, bad comparison, situations are not equal, in fact they are drastically different. Using Sam Howell's sacks number without seeing it as indictment on Howell is very telling and clearly based on not watching the games. There is a reason why Washington's sack numbers are so high but their pressure rate % is relatively low. Oh and Howell is the 23rd graded QB on PFF and Jones is 21st.

On Sept 23rd I posted that Jones has been bad. No one could say otherwise, but if you think he is the sole reason they are 1-5 then you are more lost than I thought. Giants have so many issues, QB play is one, but its the only one other than Darnay Holmes you ever mention. Its odd.

Oh, and obviously Holmes stinks, but again, it such an odd thing to stick too when the defense this year and last had a 100 larger problems then a back up nickel corner.
My Holmes takes were like 90% last season when he was on the field a lot more, so yeah it is a bit of a strawman argument at the moment by you.

Again, I NEVER said that DJ was the sole reason. I have been consistently critical of the defense, especially tackling, as well as the horrid offensive line. But, when I say anything bad about Jones you and Mau act as if I just spit in your face.

Also, that PFF rank is quite the outlier. By virtually every other metric he is with Mac Jones, Zach Wilson and Garoppolo at the bottom of the league.

Reaction Score
My Holmes takes were like 90% last season when he was on the field a lot more, so yeah it is a bit of a strawman argument at the moment by you.

Again, I NEVER said that DJ was the sole reason. I have been consistently critical of the defense, especially tackling, as well as the horrid offensive line. But, when I say anything bad about Jones you and Mau act as if I just spit in your face.

Also, that PFF rank is quite the outlier. By virtually every other metric he is with Mac Jones, Zach Wilson and Garoppolo at the bottom of the league.
34 out of your 41 posts since the start of the season have been about Jones being bad, only 1 this year on Holmes (good work). So to say you have an agenda and only rant about one thing is pretty accurate.

You even went so far as to post about Sam Howell outta nowhere in an attempt to compare their performances, obviously this was quickly shown to be a horrible take and just a ridiculously poor attempt to prove the oline isn't that big of an issue with this offense. News flash, it is. I'd kill to see Jones with the 13th ranked line, a pro bowl WR, and a running back who actually can stay on the field. He won a playoff game with a heck of a lot less.

I don't care if you like Jones or not but I do take issue with your continued inability to understand that there is a lot more going on with this football team than Jones. Your post about Tyrod was expected and humorous because you probably thought it was accurate.

Reaction Score
34 out of your 41 posts since the start of the season have been about Jones being bad, only 1 this year on Holmes (good work). So to say you have an agenda and only rant about one thing is pretty accurate.

You even went so far as to post about Sam Howell outta nowhere in an attempt to compare their performances, obviously this was quickly shown to be a horrible take and just a ridiculously poor attempt to prove the oline isn't that big of an issue with this offense. News flash, it is. I'd kill to see Jones with the 13th ranked line, a pro bowl WR, and a running back who actually can stay on the field. He won a playoff game with a heck of a lot less.

I don't care if you like Jones or not but I do take issue with your continued inability to understand that there is a lot more going on with this football team than Jones. Your post about Tyrod was expected and humorous because you probably thought it was accurate.
My god man. You’re saying a lot with no substance and being altogether unethical in the argument. “News flash” LMAO. I have said time and time again the line is atrocious. How can I get that across more? Should I use more adjectives? Terrible, awful, disgusting, abhorrent. There you go.

Don’t change goalposts on the Darnay thing, stick to your guns. You exaggerated hysterically. And 34/41 is in the same boat.

And that 13th rank you’re referring to was before week 4, so certainly seems out of date. Going into the season I saw they were 27th.

I guess you said (not going to look back) almost 3 weeks ago Danny hasn’t played well, then he out up 2 more stinkers. He couldn’t lead 1 scoring drive against a team that gave up 50 to the Bills the week before.

Maybe we’ll see how Tyrod plays this week.

Reaction Score
My god man. You’re saying a lot with no substance and being altogether unethical in the argument. “News flash” LMAO. I have said time and time again the line is atrocious. How can I get that across more? Should I use more adjectives? Terrible, awful, disgusting, abhorrent. There you go.

Don’t change goalposts on the Darnay thing, stick to your guns. You exaggerated hysterically. And 34/41 is in the same boat.

And that 13th rank you’re referring to was before week 4, so certainly seems out of date. Going into the season I saw they were 27th.

I guess you said (not going to look back) almost 3 weeks ago Danny hasn’t played well, then he out up 2 more stinkers. He couldn’t lead 1 scoring drive against a team that gave up 50 to the Bills the week before.

Maybe we’ll see how Tyrod plays this week.
It's not an exaggeration, you can look for yourself. Again, it's funny you go to Jones on that Miami game and fail to mention Waller's dropped TD, or dropped 3rd down pass, or the running game or anything else but Jones.

Yea, you're right that Washington rank was before week 4. week 5 they gave up ZERO sacks. But sure that preseason rank seems something we should use instead.

Again, the all started with how ridiculously stupid and pointless the Howell take was. And it was. I am glad you seem to at least understand that now.

Just like the people who thought the offense would look better with Glennon in 2021 my guess is you will be equally disappointed with Tyrod.

Reaction Score
It's not an exaggeration, you can look for yourself. Again, it's funny you go to Jones on that Miami game and fail to mention Waller's dropped TD, or dropped 3rd down pass, or the running game or anything else but Jones.

Yea, you're right that Washington rank was before week 4. week 5 they gave up ZERO sacks. But sure that preseason rank seems something we should use instead.

Again, the all started with how ridiculously stupid and pointless the Howell take was. And it was. I am glad you seem to at least understand that now.

Just like the people who thought the offense would look better with Glennon in 2021 my guess is you will be equally disappointed with Tyrod.
0 offensive touchdowns in the first half of games. You blame everything else besides Jones, boss. You can deflect all you want, that’s terrible.

Is Howell playing better than Jones this year, yes or no? Please answer a single question directly, don’t beat around the bush, don’t bring up their lines or pressure rate. In a vacuum, who has made more winning plays?

Reaction Score
0 offensive touchdowns in the first half of games. You blame everything else besides Jones, boss. You can deflect all you want, that’s terrible.

Is Howell playing better than Jones this year, yes or no? Please answer a single question directly, don’t beat around the bush, don’t bring up their lines or pressure rate. In a vacuum, who has made more winning plays?
your inability to understand simple posts is truely incredible. Basketball, football, doesn't matter.

And I'll take PFFs rating over yours.

My god my kids have less tunnel vision then you.

Reaction Score
your inability to understand simple posts is truely incredible. Basketball, football, doesn't matter.

And I'll take PFFs rating over yours.

My god my kids have less tunnel vision then you.
You still can’t do it, simply amazing. And you resort to being an because you can’t answer a simple question.

All good, enough of this childish back and forth. Go Giants.

Reaction Score
You still can’t do it, simply amazing. And you resort to being an because you can’t answer a simple question.

All good, enough of this childish back and forth. Go Giants.
If you are too slow to understand or unable to read that I have said jones has been bad than I don't know what to say anymore, he has been. It's not hard to comprehend. That's why I need to resort to being an ass because you're so dense.

Even though he's been bad I will cal out stupidly when I see it as I did with your Howell sack comparison.

And FYI If I could chose an outcome for this season at this point it's 1-16 and get Caleb Williams.

Reaction Score
If you are too slow to understand or unable to read that I have said jones has been bad than I don't know what to say anymore, he has been. It's not hard to comprehend. That's why I need to resort to being an ass because you're so dense.

Even though he's been bad I will cal out stupidly when I see it as I did with your Howell sack comparison.

And FYI If I could chose an outcome for this season at this point it's 1-16 and get Caleb Williams.
I asked 1 question.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

Howell's OL is not as bad as the Giants', which means a fair number of Howell's sacks are his own fault. He holds the ball too long, doesn't look for the hot outlet enough, and doesn't throw it away enough.

That said, Howell's sacks are not wholly on him alone. Situation dictates as well (i.e. score quarter, down, and yardage).

The defense (with that Dline) was supposed to carry Washington while Howell got his feet wet, but has given up 30 points in 4 of 5 games. If Washington has to play catch-up, they have to reevalute the running game, which means defenses can pin their ears back. This is how a defense (Chicago) that rarely blitzes and had two sacks going into last Thursday, now has seven.

I still can't believe at rotten egg of a performance vs Chicago. The score wasn't as bad, but Denver played better vs Miami, considering expectations vs. outcome.

Reaction Score
During the 2011 season, Pro Football Focus graded the Giants offensive line dead-last in pass blocking overall.

All Eli did was take home home Super Bowl MVP.

Reaction Score
Gmen have at least an 8 point advantage based on uni choice alone tonight ... unfortunately, that's not going to be close to enough

Reaction Score
Saquon has been terrible but whether that was Tyrod or the coaching that is inexcusable to not come out with points there.

Reaction Score
Seemed like Tyrod audibled to a run there which is inexcusable. He's looked very good otherwise but that's a huge mistake that can't happen

Reaction Score
Well bad teams are stupid teams, defense looks very good figured the D would get off to slow start this season but the offense sucks ass. Let’s see how this how this 2nd half goes.

Reaction Score
Seemed like Tyrod audibled to a run there which is inexcusable. He's looked very good otherwise but that's a huge mistake that can't happen
Put it on Daboll, he was being a jackarse with the clock earlier in that drive.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rawdawg35

Top Bottom