2023 Giants | Page 10 | The Boneyard

2023 Giants

Reaction Score
Well it did just get to be more of a QB controversy than before when every article about the Gints was drafting a QB next year and that they still don't know what they got in Jones. Now you have Tyrod looking good for a second game.
There’s no qb controversy Jones is hurt and waiting till he’s 100 percent buys time to see a larger sample size of Tyrod in a lost season. If Tyrod by some miracle gets the Giants to 7-5 then there might be a qb controversy. Your taking a qb in rd 1 in all likelihood anyways.

Reaction Score
You thought there were 0 offensive TDs before today?

Thanks for confirming what I thought.
In the first half, my man. Stop avoiding questions with “gottems” when you obviously know what im talking about. Be better.

Reaction Score
Oh cool, 1h TDs, those are everything my man, lets just ignore the 3 total 2h points in 3 games.

Tyrod has a high floor but a very low ceiling. If the defense can hold teams to under 10 points a game well then he will win games. He does not turn the ball over, his ability to limit turnovers is why he is still in this league, it has always been his best trait. But as you saw scoring 14 points and none in the 2nd half against a secondary who gets torched week in and week out and makes bottom 5 QBs look great is why he is a backup, albeit a good backup for sure.

You are the most short sighted person on this board and really look at things at the most simple level so I will make it easy for you and not get into line play, EPA defensive ranks, ect. and put it terms that you use: Jones and Tyrod have both played 2 games with Saqoun and Jones has 31 points and Tyrod has 23. Daboll said, and anyone who has any objectivity would agree, when Jones is healthy he will be the starter.

Today also showed you why I said, and PFF agreed, that Jones has been and is better then Howell.

Reaction Score
There’s no qb controversy Jones is hurt and waiting till he’s 100 percent buys time to see a larger sample size of Tyrod in a lost season. If Tyrod by some miracle gets the Giants to 7-5 then there might be a qb controversy. Your taking a qb in rd 1 in all likelihood anyways.
If they are in a chance to draft Williams or Maye, yes certainly, but I don't see them doing it in the middle of round 1 where they will likely be drafting. After the top 2 there is a drop off. I could see a round 2 selection on a guy like Pennix or McCarthey who need to develop and could sit for a year as Jones is going to be the QB in 2024 no matter what happens given his contract.

The Giants have played 2 bad teams and beat both of them, given the schedule they will win 6 or 7 games and be out of position for one of the top guys.

Reaction Score
Oh cool, 1h TDs, those are everything my man, lets just ignore the 3 total 2h points in 3 games.

Tyrod has a high floor but a very low ceiling. If the defense can hold teams to under 10 points a game well then he will win games. He does not turn the ball over, his ability to limit turnovers is why he is still in this league, it has always been his best trait. But as you saw scoring 14 points and none in the 2nd half against a secondary who gets torched week in and week out and makes bottom 5 QBs look great is why he is a backup, albeit a good backup for sure.

You are the most short sighted person on this board and really look at things at the most simple level so I will make it easy for you and not get into line play, EPA defensive ranks, ect. and put it terms that you use: Jones and Tyrod have both played 2 games with Saqoun and Jones has 31 points and Tyrod has 23. Daboll said, and anyone who has any objectivity would agree, when Jones is healthy he will be the starter.

Today also showed you why I said, and PFF agreed, that Jones has been and is better then Howell.
It’s hard to read a post that has so much wrong. I said Tyrod has played better than Jones. He has, in the 2 games he has played. A few weeks back we had a back and forth about seeing how we would feel after seeing Tyrod play. You likened him to Mike Glennon. I said I would eat my words if he was worse than DJ. He has been better than DJ. I want you to just say those words. It’s fine. I’m not calling for him to start when DJ is healthy. I just want you to recognize a simple fact. Please, make it easy for us.

Also, funny you bringing Saquon into the convo when you pretty much have said he’s a bum. Weird life cycle on that one.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
It seems the defense is deciding to play. for last week and now. The offensive line line looks good compared to the one that allowed 11 sacks on Jones. Not taking anything away Tyrod. If Jones had that protection he would of shined. Last game when Tyrod blew it, Jones would not have.

Reaction Score
It seems the defense is deciding to play. for last week and now. The offensive line line looks good compared to the one that allowed 11 sacks on Jones. Not taking anything away Tyrod. If Jones had that protection he would of shined. Last game when Tyrod blew it, Jones would not have.
The line did not look good today. Tyrod was under pressure all game.

Reaction Score
Yes Tyrod has looked better then Jones in this offense. Is Jones the better qb yes. I do believe Jones has seen ghosts and did look skittish behind this line, no excusing his play but we don’t know if he wasn’t playing hurt either. Tyrod does have Saquon back and the line while it still sucks looks like it has gained some chemistry.

Reaction Score
Yes Tyrod has looked better then Jones in this offense. Is Jones the better qb yes. I do believe Jones has seen ghosts and did look skittish behind this line, no excusing his play but we don’t know if he wasn’t playing hurt either. Tyrod does have Saquon back and the line while it still sucks looks like it has gained some chemistry.

Line, Saquon back, a much better offensive plan quicker releases on 2 step drops and of course the defense much better than prior. Doesn’t take away from Tyrod he’s been good, solid back up. 9 and 14 with all the improvements still isn’t great but again, solid.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Cringe performance by the Commanders. Gotta win games where you only give up 14 points.

Hate to do it, but also gotta give Martindale credit for staying with what was working in applying pressure all game, OTOH, How hard is that to foresee vs. who basically amounts to a rookie QB? Rivera and JDR virtually signed their own pink slips with that performance. With four first round draft picks along the defensive front, how do you not apply similar pressure to the Giants' makeshift offensive line?

OTOH, Bieniemy has not shown he is ready for prime time either and for the 3rd week in a row opposing defenses have at least doubled their sack total for the season. For a coordinator known for a versatile screen game, there were very few called to neutralize the pressure.

There is no QB controversy in New Jersey if only because of Jones' contract, but also Taylor plays loose because he has nothing to lose.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Believing that scoring 26 points in two games is evidence that Taylor is a better QB than Jones is insane. If you look at what the mighty Patriots offense did against Buffalo yesterday, out performance last Sunday night becomes even more underwhelming.

Saquon is back and the offense is actually attempting to protect our offensive tackles with formations now. This wasn't happening prior to the Buffalo game.

I'm primarily worried about our defense as they are now talking as if they are performing at an elite level. Once Washington started running the ball they were moving against us pretty effectively. They just got impatient and shot themselves in the foot.

The same can be said about Buffalo a week earlier. We can be run on pretty easily and when we do play the Eagles we will get shoved all over the field. Anyone willing to run the ball will be able to beat us.

Reaction Score
The line did not look good today. Tyrod was under pressure all game.
It was the lowest amount of pressures the Giants allowed all year with 7.

For reference, here are the others:
Bills - allowed 14 pressures
Miami - 28
Seattle - 36
San Fran - 18
Zona - 11
Dallas -27

And it was the line's best pass block win rate for the season.

Reaction Score
It was the lowest amount of pressures the Giants allowed all year with 7.

For reference, here are the others:
Bills - allowed 14 pressures
Miami - 28
Seattle - 36
San Fran - 18
Zona - 11
Dallas -27

And it was the line's best pass block win rate for the season.
There’s a trend there. Lower pressure rate when you’re in the game. We had the luxury to keep the defense honest because we weren’t only passing the ball. The line played better, but 4 sacks is still a bit of an issue. Chase Young was wreaking havoc. Saquon rarely had lanes, the Commanders interior line seemed to be in the backfield very often as he was getting the ball. But, it was an improvement in all facets of the game for the team.

Reaction Score
I do worry about Jones health with the neck injury and he does seem like he has a deer in headlights look to him.

Amazingly just 1.5 out of the WC, realistically trending toward a 6-7 win team. Yes I rather be in playoffs but I feel we’re realistically better off not making the playoffs so Schoen can stick to a full rebuild and have higher draft picks as we’re not even in the same ballpark as the Eagles and Cowboys.

Play Tyrod for now trade Saquon for whatever you can getI hate to do it but it’s time to move on, let Jones heal and light a fire in him.

Reaction Score
I do worry about Jones health with the neck injury and he does seem like he has a deer in headlights look to him.

Amazingly just 1.5 out of the WC, realistically trending toward a 6-7 win team. Yes I rather be in playoffs but I feel we’re realistically better off not making the playoffs so Schoen can stick to a full rebuild and have higher draft picks as we’re not even in the same ballpark as the Eagles and Cowboys.

Play Tyrod for now trade Saquon for whatever you can getI hate to do it but it’s time to move on, let Jones heal and light a fire in him.
We gonna trot out Matt Breida as our starter? Come on now…

Reaction Score
If it means finally having a starting QB next year then yeah I'm good with that
Unless we somehow magically get Caleb, DJ is probably going to be the starter. Too much money tied up. Shame.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
If it means finally having a starting QB next year then yeah I'm good with that
The thing is if we were to finish the season with two, three, four wins, there is no reason to believe we would absolutely land a quality starting QB in the draft. Hell, as good as Caleb Williams appears at the moment, it's still a crapshoot if he turns out to be something beyond what many recent early first round busts have shown themselves to be.

Reaction Score
The thing is if we were to finish the season with two, three, four wins, there is no reason to believe we would absolutely land a quality starting QB in the draft. Hell, as good as Caleb Williams appears at the moment, it's still a crapshoot if he turns out to be something beyond what many recent early first round busts have shown themselves to be.
This is a really strong QB class, so yes if we end up with 4 wins we will absolutely be in a spot to land a franchise QB. And it's still advantageous even if they end up at 6 wins and a bottom half of the top 10 pick so they can get the top OT and a #1 WR

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
This is a really strong QB class, so yes if we end up with 4 wins we will absolutely be in a spot to land a franchise QB. And it's still advantageous even if they end up at 6 wins and a bottom half of the top 10 pick so they can get the top OT and a #1 WR
Who are the other three?

Who of those three would you pick for the Giants if you could?

I remember a recent very strong QB class where the 'experts', believing that the #1 pick was going to be Darnold stated the Giants should pick Rosen with the second pick. Rosen is out if the league, Darnold is with his third team and the guy picked #1 overall is with his fourth team.

The returns on highly drafted QB'S a few years later aren't any better (although Trevor Lawrence was a rare talent and should end up being well worth the draft pick).

Reaction Score
Who are the other three?

Who of those three would you pick for the Giants if you could?

I remember a recent very strong QB class where the 'experts', believing that the #1 pick was going to be Darnold stated the Giants should pick Rosen with the second pick. Rosen is out if the league, Darnold is with his third team and the guy picked #1 overall is with his fourth team.

The returns on highly drafted QB'S a few years later aren't any better (although Trevor Lawrence was a rare talent and should end up being well worth the draft pick).
Drake Maye is the clear #2 QB for me, though I doubt the Giants lose enough to get him. After that there's a bit of a drop-off but Michael Penix Jr, JJ McCarthy, Quinn Ewers are all pretty intruiguing options in the pick 8-15 range. Of that group I think JJ McCarthy would be my choice, he'd thrive in Daboll's offense with his ability to run

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I could well be wrong but I see McCarthy at best as a smaller version of Jones. I'd consider spending a mid round pick on him as a backup but I don't see how throwing away a premium first round pick on a reach for QB makes any sense.

There are a number of teams that have spent decades on a treadmill moving from extremely bad to bad to below average back to extremely bad, entirely due to thinking they need to draft a QB in the first round, then hoping he'll turn into something.

One more good draft (and a handful of changes with some assistants) and we could be a very strong team. I'd prefer using our first round pick on a position that is both of greater need and easier to determine NFL performance

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom