2023 Giants | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2023 Giants

Reaction Score
Evan Neal's initial comments were exceptionally childish and stupid on a massive level. His initial apology is a start but as a start, it is analogous to warming up with thousands of other runners shortly before the gin goes off to start a marathon. He has a tremendous amount of distance to cover to come back from this but unless he can learn how to get out of his stance and in position to pass block, he won't be around long enough to come back from this.

He should be conciliatory but he also needs to learn how to do what he was drafted to do.

Right. No one gives a rat's a what he has to say...he just needs to stop sucking.

Reaction Score
It gets better have 3 lineman out against the Dolphins it might as well be UConn vs USC. Hope Daniel Jones doesn’t die on the field.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It would help if the staff would allow for the line's shortcomings with play selection.

I realize Jones missed a few reads Monday (but there was no hot read on the corner blitz as it was a slot corner who blitzed with no slot receiver opposite him) but the staff is doing him no favors.

On one play, where Peart was in as an extra Blocker, the block call had Peart, Neal and McKethan all block down (the player to their left) and LeMieux come around from the left guard spot to cut off the speed rusher aligned opposite Peart (he didn't get there). If they just had the linemen try to block the guy lined up against him it would make a ton more sense. We outthink ourselves far too much.

Reaction Score
It would help if the staff would allow for the line's shortcomings with play selection.

I realize Jones missed a few reads Monday (but there was no hot read on the corner blitz as it was a slot corner who blitzed with no slot receiver opposite him) but the staff is doing him no favors.

On one play, where Peart was in as an extra Blocker, the block call had Peart, Neal and McKethan all block down (the player to their left) and LeMieux come around from the left guard spot to cut off the speed rusher aligned opposite Peart (he didn't get there). If they just had the linemen try to block the guy lined up against him it would make a ton more sense. We outthink ourselves far too much.

Well stated. But you can’t be right, it’s all on Jones he’s awful :rolleyes:. Some people see what they want. He missed reads and chances to make alignment changes pre-snap but the fact is the play calling on top of the horrific offensive line is the worst in the NFL as we speak. Seems like the only half of football we enjoyed was when Daboll was obviously making the calls and Kafka was muted.

Reaction Score
This offense is actually laughable
It's just bad all around. The line is bad, Jones is making bad decisions/throws, the WRs run horrible routes, whoever is calling plays is awful, and Daboll is scared and never aggressive on 4th downs anymore. FGs were never gonna win this game

Reaction Score
It's just bad all around. The line is bad, Jones is making bad decisions/throws, the WRs run horrible routes, whoever is calling plays is awful, and Daboll is scared and never aggressive on 4th downs anymore. FGs were never gonna win this game
I mean everyone knows the offense is bad, add waller to this list, horrible drop on a TD today, but the offense is playing with the practice squad o line and made the foolish choice to bring Barkley back instead of investing that money elsewhere so if you're surprised you shouldn't be but the defense is healthy and Wink is showing why he was fired in Baltimore, guy is either too dumb or too arrogant to understand his commitment to cover 0 is killing this team.

If Tua didn't make some throws that looked like he showed up drunk the dolphins score in the 40s today.

Reaction Score
Jones, Taylor doesn’t matter line is beyond putrid. Add to it their penalties never good timing. Line coach and Kafka keeping their jobs? Daboll looked up at the booth in disgust a few times on the play calling.

Defense was awful too. Wink not pushing the right buttons either.

What an awful team, only the Pats may be worst:oops:

Reaction Score
Jones, Taylor doesn’t matter line is beyond putrid. Add to it their penalties never good timing. Line coach and Kafka keeping their jobs? Daboll looked up at the booth in disgust a few times on the play calling.

Defense was awful too. Wink not pushing the right buttons either.

What an awful team, only the Pats may be worst:oops:
the Pats being worse is the only saving grace

Reaction Score
Jones is playing the worst football of his career, looks like he has a deer in the headlights look to him. While Jones isn’t blameless as I don’t believe he’s the guy this organization has failed him and they will fail the next guy if they don’t fix the line even if it’s Caleb Williams ie Andrew Luck.

Reaction Score
Could be the biggest matchup since the super bowls. Can Daniel Jones pull a reverse Eli and rip out Pats fans heart?

Reaction Score
Could be the biggest matchup since the super bowls. Can Daniel Jones pull a reverse Eli and rip out Pats fans heart?

Both these teams may be playing for win #2 when they meet. Judon must be pissed he’s hurt he would’ve had a field day versus the Big Blue line.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Beyond the fact that which team is worse is still open for debate, how is this a saving grace?

I still don't understand what Wink is trying to do or how he believes what they are scheming on defense could actually work.

Reaction Score
Beyond the fact that which team is worse is still open for debate, how is this a saving grace?
despite SB XLII and XLVI, Giants fans north of Fairfield County get tired of our Patriot friends, neighbors and colleagues

Reaction Score
This is almost hard to believe even after seeing it with my own eyes
https://twitter.com/MONTECRI5TO
@MONTECRI5TO

The New York Giants Offensive Line PFF Positional Rankings among the rest of the NFL in Week 5
Josh Ezeudu 65/65
Evan Neal 64/65
Matt Peart 63/65
Jalen Mayfield 70/70
Marcus McKethan 65/70
Mark Glowinski 55/70
Ben Bredeson 30/31

Just absolutely horrible across the board.

Reaction Score
Peter King on Mad Dog today about Daniel Jones:

“No QB that ever played in the NFL would be successful behind the Giants line. 28 sacks and 85 actual pressures in 5 games is the worst ever. Not saying Jones is the answer but I can tell you there’s no way of telling behind this line.”

Agree, fair!

Reaction Score
Peter King on Mad Dog today about Daniel Jones:

“No QB that ever played in the NFL would be successful behind the Giants line. 28 sacks and 85 actual pressures in 5 games is the worst ever. Not saying Jones is the answer but I can tell you there’s no way of telling behind this line.”

Agree, fair!
Yep Jones may not be the guy but the Giants have failed him, both things can be true.

Reaction Score
Yep Jones may not be the guy but the Giants have failed him, both things can be true.

He’s been sacked 28 times. Sam Howell has been sacked 29 times. Howell’s QBR is 9 points higher and his passer rating is 15 points higher.

People were saying Danny was in Jalen Hurts’ echelon on QB’s. The line has been complete, utter garbage, DJ hasn’t been much better.

Reaction Score
He’s been sacked 28 times. Sam Howell has been sacked 29 times. Howell’s QBR is 9 points higher and his passer rating is 15 points higher.

People were saying Danny was in Jalen Hurts’ echelon on QB’s. The line has been complete, utter garbage, DJ hasn’t been much better.
Do you care about the Giants franchise getting better or do you care about winning a narrative. I gave Danny Dimes credit last year and im calling him out this year. I call it like I see it not a Jones homer or hater.

Reaction Score
Do you care about the Giants franchise getting better or do you care about winning a narrative. I gave Danny Dimes credit last year and im calling him out this year. I call it like I see it not a Jones homer or hater.
I’m like, specifically calling it like I see it. I don’t think Howell is a good QB by any stretch of the imagination, but he has looked a good bit better than DJ.

Reaction Score
This an all time dumb take.

Sam Howell has taken so many sacks because of how long he holds onto the ball and fails to throw it away. Do me favor and look at time in the pocket. Of starting QBs Howell has had the 8th most time in the pocket in the league. He has taken over 10 sacks with longer than 5 seconds in the pocket which is more than double any other QB. Jones is 30th in pocket time.

This is like you saying Tyrod playing 1 full drive down 16 at the end of the 4th against a prevent D looked better than Jones. Your understanding of the game is at its lowest level.
https://x.com/bobbyskinner_/status/1702293276018069577?s=46&t=C1Ia7q0iXEsY9FFOV7YhTA

Imagine watching this and thinking Howell and Jones are under similar pressure and it's a similar situation.

Unreal.

Reaction Score

Sam Howell has taken so many sacks because of how long he holds onto the ball and fails to throw it away. Do me favor and look at time in the pocket. Of starting QBs Howell has had the 8th most time in the pocket in the league. He has taken over 10 sacks with longer than 5 seconds in the pocket which is more than double any other QB. Jones is 30th in pocket time.

This is like you saying Tyrod playing 1 full drive down 16 at the end of the 4th against a prevent D looked better than Jones.

We know you hate Jones, that and "Darnay Holmes stinks" are your two main postings. But come on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom