Men - 2022 UConn Baseball @ NCAA Tournament’s Palo Alto, CA. Super-Regional vs #2 Stanford | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Men 2022 UConn Baseball @ NCAA Tournament’s Palo Alto, CA. Super-Regional vs #2 Stanford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I will crush Red Bulls like Coe but like you can’t miss this!!! Waited too long...
Fortunately, I live in Phoenix and can easilly handle the late start time! GO HUSKIES!

Reaction Score
We’re a mid Major??????

I doubt mens or womens bb would be referred to like that. Neither should baseball!
If a school is not a member of the ACC, B1G Big 12, SEC, or PAC 12, that school is a mid major. Just the way it is. That was the reason why BCU (and others) and ESPN did not want UConn in the ACC.

Reaction Score
College Baseball Hub:

008.png

Reaction Score
Sorry for everyone in Connecticut, for us out here in the west (Arizona) it's a 7:30 game time.
I will be in Cabo - so will be on MT. Since it's on actual TV should be able to get it in the bar at my resort.

Reaction Score

Back door access to story here<<<

-> There was no such dilemma or discrepancy in choices when UConn coach Jim Penders selected his starter for Game 1 of the Stanford Super Regional on Saturday (10:30 p.m., ESPNU). With No. 1 starter Austin Peterson coming off a weekend of 159 pitches in a pair of wins in the College Park Regional, Penders had no problem going with No. 2 starter Pat Gallagher to open the best-of-three series with Stanford.

“It’s not one of those things where it’s one heavily over the other,” MacDonald said on Wednesday, a day before the 49-14 Huskies flew out to Palo Alto, Calif. “We feel very confident that both of those guys can go out there, and if they pitch their game, they can give any offense trouble. I feel very at ease with that move.”

Indeed, although Peterson was UConn’s Friday starter and is a likely early-to-mid-round MLB Draft pick in a month, not much has separated him from Gallagher this season. Peterson, a 6-foot-6 righthander, is 11-2 with a 3.30 ERA, striking out 145 batters in 109 innings. Gallagher, a 6-foot righty, is 10-3 with a 3.17 ERA and 102 K’s in 96 2/3 innings.<-

Reaction Score

-> "We're going to Sunken Diamond, it's one of the most iconic ballparks in college baseball, hallowed ground," Penders said. "I think our guys handle that. ... They're not here if they'd be intimidated by that. Stanford may have the better team, that's why we're going out there to find out.

"In some ways it's more comfortable than being home. It's very much what we do." Being a major underdog on the road is right in UConn's wheelhouse. The Huskies are 25-9 in away games this season.

Maryland, the top seed in the College Park Regional, couldn't take advantage of home field. UConn quieted a hostile crowd and pulled off the upset to advance to Super Regionals for the first time since 2011. Now, the Huskies are ready to stun another home team. "We get to play in front of a good crowd again in Stanford against a historic team," said ace pitcher Austin Peterson. "It's going to be a lot of fun. <-

-> As a program, Stanford has a rich tradition, reaching the College World Series 16 times and making 31 NCAA appearances.

UConn's challenging schedule has prepared it for the Super Regional stage. "It's one of the reasons we play USC, I want them to see all those national championships on the outfield wall, and we play Wichita, a national champ, and Coastal Carolina, a national champ, and Pepperdine, a national champ," Penders said.

"The pedigree doesn't beat you, the history doesn't beat you, unless you let it. ... So, they've been conditioned to not let it." It's another opportunity for UConn to show what it is made of and silence critics. <-

Reaction Score
Aw man… what are the chances?! Played one year as a preferred walk-on (a long time ago/ the last year there was a JV team) and currently live in the Bay Area. Was going to take my two young sons to watch the game in person but game is sold/weekend sold out. They love everything UConn and we were planning to rock the blue and white in a sea of red. Oh well… go Huskies!!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Aw man… what are the chances?! Played one year as a preferred walk-on (a long time ago/ the last year there was a JV team) and currently live in the Bay Area. Was going to take my two young sons to watch the game in person but game is sold/weekend sold out. They love everything UConn and we were planning to rock the blue and white in a sea of red. Oh well… go Huskies!!
Tick Pick has plenty of tickets, starting at $35 each. Get it done.

Check out these tickets - NCAA Baseball Stanford Super Regionals: Stanford vs. UConn - Game 1 Tickets in Stanford [6/11/22] TickPick
NCAA Baseball Stanford Super Regionals: Stanford vs. UConn - Game 1 Tickets in Stanford [6/11/22] TickPick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom