2022 Recruiting Thread | Page 52 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
Some of these Os must be PWOs

Totally agree. Particularly if you are seeing in-state guys. And the use of the word "academic" was interesting. Edsall ran PWO far different in 2.0; but I think in a state/region like CT/NE you could have great utility with these kids. Particularly if they really are 4.5 40 guys

Reaction Score

Jared Verse is a 6-4 250lb DL from Berwick PA attending the University of Albany. He entered the Transfer Portal yesterday. Other offers from BGSU, Buffalo, Colorado, Houston, JMU, Kansas, Kent State, Nebraska, Purdue, San Diego State, Utah, Utah State, WKU and WVA

Kid is a monster.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So known visitor list at the moment:

Cam Edwards would be welcomed name to add to this list. :)
  1. Victor Rosa (DB/Athlete) - Bristol Central High School, Bristol CT (UConn Commit 7/14/21)
  2. Brady Wayburn (OL/DL) - Gastonia North Carolina attending The Loomis Chaffe School, Windsor CT (UConn Commit 6/20/21)
  3. Xavier Brown (WR) - Cedar Hill High School, Cedar Hill Texas (UConn Commit 7/4/21)
  4. Nathan Voorhis (DL/LB/TE) - Stroudsburg High School, Stroudsburg PA (UConn Commit 6/11/21>Decommitted 10/17/21)
  5. Elijah “EJ” Warner (QB) - Brophy College Prep High School, Phoenix Arizona (Mora)
  6. Denzel Mountali-Johnstown (TE/DE/LB) - Vancouver BC attending Loomis Chaffee School, Windsor CT (Mora)
  7. Derek Spearman (DB) - Cornelius North Carolina attending the Loomis Chaffee School, Windsor CT (Mora)

Reaction Score
An interesting article from The Athletic about QB recruiting in the portal era. Also mentions that UConn is looking at a QB in Florida, Davin Wydner, a 6'5" 225 lbs 3* QB.

"When Canton, Ga., QB A.J. Swann decommitted from Maryland earlier this week, Terrapins coaches reached out to Wydner. Since Jim Mora Jr. took over at Connecticut, the Huskies have been in contact with Wydner as well. A UConn assistant visited him at school this week. As of this writing, UConn and Maryland planned to have coaches at Wydner’s game against Bolles."

In the evolving world of QB recruiting, transfers are the priority and high-schoolers get squeezed

Reaction Score
Totally agree. Particularly if you are seeing in-state guys. And the use of the word "academic" was interesting. Edsall ran PWO far different in 2.0; but I think in a state/region like CT/NE you could have great utility with these kids. Particularly if they really are 4.5 40 guys
i agree. the staff is not offering some of these players football schollys. never hurts to offer pwo.

Reaction Score
by my count, that is 9 sets of helmets... I know it was reported there could be double-digit visits this weekend, so this could support that rumor.

Reaction Score
Does Coach Marinelli have a relationship with Big Puma prior Coach???? I mean his prior In-State coaches???
If Mora wants him and feeling is mutual.... then it would be a man to man sit down conversation with Tyler...As for me, if I had a preference--I always believe in size rather than the one that has sight limitations over linemen...

Reaction Score
Does Coach Marinelli have a relationship with Big Puma prior Coach????
It’s not the little brothers job. If he wants to start, he will earn the job, not be given it because he was a spark for 10 quarters.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
His the graphics department ready? I mean, its pretty clear there will be some new commits this weekend and I would think they would HOIST a new flag for commitment announcements and retire the bat signal.....however, the bat signal is fine - just saying now's the chance for something new.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom